ADVERTISEMENT

how long timewise is drive from State College to West Point?

Try mapquest. The directions may suck, but you'll have your question answered. Time of travel is relatively accurate.

Reactions: lionlover
I use pa511 a lot, which shows slow, heavy and stop-n-go traffic throughout the state and into New York.

Last time we went to the dual at West Point, you had to go through a certification process to enter the grounds. They even made up a laminated pass to use for access. That added a significant amount of time to the trip. We got there early and did a tour as long as we were there.

Thanks fellas,
I'd be coming from central WV on Friday, so have to get close to State College area, but avoid SC due to football game.
Thought of taking I-84 thru Port Jervis up to Newburgh; stay Sat night there.
I really want to get to Saratoga Springs and that area.
Not sure I even care that much about the tournament since half the guys I would like to see wont be there.
I dont enjoy these long drives any more.

Thanks fellas,
I'd be coming from central WV on Friday, so have to get close to State College area, but avoid SC due to football game.
Thought of taking I-84 thru Port Jervis up to Newburgh; stay Sat night there.
I really want to get to Saratoga Springs and that area.
Not sure I even care that much about the tournament since half the guys I would like to see wont be there.
I dont enjoy these long drives any more.
If going from WV to West Point, why go past State College? Probably shorter and easier to take I-81 from Harrisburg to I-80. Or I-78 from Hbg to Allentown and work up from there.

Saratoga Springs is pretty far out of the way -- around 2.5 hrs north of West Point. If going there first, definitely I-81 to Binghamton and then I-88 across.

Lots of driving but a good excuse to see a nice part of the country.

Last edited:
Yes go early, my stepdaughter graduated from there and the times we went even though we were family it did take some time to get in.

When we went for graduation we left Michigan later in the day so we had to stop somewhere unbeknown to my wife I got off the PSU exit to get a hotel. When we drove up to campus she looked at me and said " did you know this was the exit for PSU?" I told her no, but I did actually.

She is a bucknut who worked at Wisconsin. She actually liked the downtown as we went out for a night cap.

Last time we went to the dual at West Point, you had to go through a certification process to enter the grounds. They even made up a laminated pass to use for access. That added a significant amount of time to the trip. We got there early and did a tour as long as we were there.
Not what we had to do.

To RandyL, I would call the Army Ticket Office, and ask. One gentleman I can refer you to is Nicholas Loud.

Isn't the West Point campus considered a military base? Curiosity for PA residents, after October 2020 you need the Real ID to enter federal facilities and military bases (along with the main reason I was looking, flying.) Happened to be researching it for something else today and noticed that part of the ID.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT