ADVERTISEMENT

How much are Lions paying/gallon for gasoline now?

$5.29 for 87 octane
yay-woohoo.gif

Anyone else see the price of crude oil moving above $120 per barrel today? Wish I had realized that I had a limit sell order on my ExxonMobil stock just before $100. I mean I've essentially tripled that investment from when I bought when the pandemic shutdowns first occurred but still. Oil stocks look like they have more to run.

Reactions: Sullivan
Hard to believe the national average was $2.10 about a year and half ago. I remember filling up under $2 a gallon at that time. Crazy how much things have changed. The grocery bill, new and used cars, it's just a different country we're living in right now.
Let’s go…

The "official" 8.3% inflation rate does include food and energy, the rate excluding food and energy is 6.2%.

I'm calling BS on this calculation. The government is absolutely lying to us. Some examples of year over year inflation in this report:

Tomatoes 0.4%
Food at employee sites and schools -30%
Food at elementary and secondary schools -42.9%
Laundry equipment 2.1%
Men's pants and shorts 0.1%
Boys apparel 3.8%
Men's footwear 2.5%
Watches -0.3%
Jewelry 0.4%
Prescription drugs 1.7%
Video and audio products -4.1%
Other video equipment -5.8%
Audio equipment -2.6%
Recorded music or music subscriptions 0%
Recreational books 0.5%
Other Recreational goods 0.8%
Toys -0.3%
Education and communication comorbidities -4%
Information technology commodities -4.7%
Computer software -4.2%
Telephone hardware, calculators -11.4%
Smartphones -16.1%
Cosmetics, perfume, bath, nail preparations -0.5%
Tenants and household insurance -0.4%
Physicians services -1.2%
Dental services 2%
Care of elderly at home 2.5%
Motor vehicle fees 1.2%
Other Intercity transportation -2.1%
Ship fare -3.7%
Intercity mass transit 1.9%
Video disks and other media -0.5%
Admission to sporting events -9.4%
College tuition and fees 2.1%
Technical and business school tuition and fees 0.7%
Wireless telephone services -0.7%
Internet service provider 1.7%

There's a lot more that are listed very low inflation or even decreasing in cost and I just don't see it. I'm not paying less than a year ago for anything. Most things are not 1 or 2 percent higher. Where is the government getting all of these items that are supposedly cheaper than a year ago?

Reactions: unclewill
5.87 for 87 in Chicago. 6.87 for 93. I’m sure some pumps are over 7 as I’m not in the most expensive part of the city for gas. Thankful that I only fill up once a month on average.

How much was gas under Trump?

Red Wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that was paying under $2 prior to the election and am now seeing a number of stations over $5. That's a pretty radical change for 1.5 years. I saw this morning that the national average is now $4.977.

Reactions: john4psu
In Reading it's $4.99 today. Saw $5.09 in Robesonia.

$4.39 on my drive in to work this morning in metro-Atlanta.

Checking Gas Buddy, GA has the lowest prices in the US on average at $4.37, I don't recall ever seeing that before. I live in MO which is usually among the lowest, while the MO average is $4.58, the cheapest price in my area (St Louis) is $4.44/g for regular and $4.79 for premium.

Checking Gas Buddy, GA has the lowest prices in the US on average at $4.37, I don't recall ever seeing that before. I live in MO which is usually among the lowest, while the MO average is $4.58, the cheapest price in my area (St Louis) is $4.44/g for regular and $4.79 for premium.
They suspended the gas tax here, which helps with the lower price. While out on my lunch break I noticed that it has jumped another 10 cents, so we’re sitting at $4.49 as of noon.

Reactions: Online Persona
Here in Andover, KS (suburb of Wichita) it now ranges from $4.09 to $4.29/gallon.
It's around $4.71 for 15% ethanol gas here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. There are 6 cents less state tax per gallon on E15 gas than regular gas. There's no state tax on E85 gas, btw. It's just under $3 at some places.

I'm calling BS on this calculation. The government is absolutely lying to us. Some examples of year over year inflation in this report:

Tomatoes 0.4%
Laundry equipment 2.1%
Boys apparel 3.8%
Men's footwear 2.5%
Watches -0.3%
Jewelry 0.4%
Prescription drugs 1.7%
Audio equipment -2.6%
Recreational books 0.5%
Toys -0.3%
Computer software -4.2%
Smartphones -16.1%
Dental services 2%
Motor vehicle fees 1.2%
Ship fare -3.7%

There's a lot more that are listed very low inflation or even decreasing in cost and I just don't see it. I'm not paying less than a year ago for anything. Most things are not 1 or 2 percent higher. Where is the government getting all of these items that are supposedly cheaper than a year ago?
They give away "free" bc pills, rubbers, and various shots. That must be where they come up with the BS.

I am wondering how the inflation rate published by the govt is under 10%. By my budget, I am thinking we have been looking at something north of 20% or more. My grocery bill has close to doubled. Gas is 250% higher. The downstream effect of fuel is yet to be seen but rising.
I agree.

Eggs used to be $1.25 and now they're over $2.00. Deli meat used to be $4.99/lb and now it's $7.99. Milk went from $2.50/gal to $4.00. I see a few things that haven't increased much but no way is food only up 8% from what I see.

2 dinners and 2 drinks at a mid range restaurant used to cost less than $50 but now it's not easy to get out under $100.

Reactions: Online Persona
I agree.

Eggs used to be $1.25 and now they're over $2.00. Deli meat used to be $4.99/lb and now it's $7.99. Milk went from $2.50/gal to $4.00. I see a few things that haven't increased much but no way is food only up 8% from what I see.

2 dinners and 2 drinks at a mid range restaurant used to cost less than $50 but now it's not easy to get out under $100.
And the dollar store isn't that any longer.

Hard to believe the national average was $2.10 about a year and half ago. I remember filling up under $2 a gallon at that time. Crazy how much things have changed. The grocery bill, new and used cars, it's just a different country we're living in right now.
Who was the president then?

Tomatoes 0.4%
Laundry equipment 2.1%
Boys apparel 3.8%
Men's footwear 2.5%
Watches -0.3%
Jewelry 0.4%
Prescription drugs 1.7%
Audio equipment -2.6%
Recreational books 0.5%
Toys -0.3%
Computer software -4.2%
Smartphones -16.1%
Dental services 2%
Motor vehicle fees 1.2%
Ship fare -3.7%

For those of you who do their own food shopping, many food prices are up 40% to 50%.

Eastern Howard County we are at $4.99. We typically try to go to BJs in Columbia.
Columbia stations are always higher than as you get out towards my area in the west part of the county. I’d love to see a couple Royal Farms or Wawa’s put in somewhere to help bring my competition level up

You’re all looking at it wrong. With gas at $5.33 here in Phoenix, I’m wracking up cash back by using my Sam’s Club card. Every gallon I buy I earn 21 cents. See all the money I’m making! Putin rocks! 😂

Btw - It’s how my wife views shopping as well.
LOL!

You’re all looking at it wrong. With gas at $5.33 here in Phoenix, I’m wracking up cash back by using my Sam’s Club card. Every gallon I buy I earn 21 cents. See all the money I’m making! Putin rocks! 😂

Btw - It’s how my wife views shopping as well.
To quote a stupid radio commercial for a stupid gas app.....”Wow! That a lot of cash!”

Columbia stations are always higher than as you get out towards my area in the west part of the county. I’d love to see a couple Royal Farms or Wawa’s put in somewhere to help bring my competition level up
Not even sure there is a single WaWa in HoCo. BJs and Costco help keep the prices down in Columbia. BJs even allows non-members to use the gas station. Surprised Royal Farms doesn't have a store on Marriottsville Rd.

Not even sure there is a single WaWa in HoCo. BJs and Costco help keep the prices down in Columbia. BJs even allows non-members to use the gas station. Surprised Royal Farms doesn't have a store on Marriottsville Rd.
i don't see competition much on gas anymore as the pricing is so crazy. i drive by two places on way to work, one that has 3 stations (one being a truck stop) right at the highway exit and then another stretch about 15 miles down the road that is a commercial highway with a WaWa, Royal Forms, and two other gas station only in about a mile stretch. Historically speaking both spots compete with the commercial highway section always being a couple cents cheaper than the highway exit group. But now, I go past and can see 5 or even 10 cents different between them. Basically just who raises their price first and then within 24 hours all of them are at the high price.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Don't usually eat out for lunch however I went to a food court yesterday and bought 2 pieces of catfish and 2 sides and a drink. The cost was $17.85. I repeated $17.85. She said yes. I told the lady I didn't want a drink and she said it was included in the price and wouldn't reduce the cost. I told her that I probably wouldn't ever come back, not because of the drink not being removed from the cost, but because of the high price.
I know they just work there but I thought it was pretty expensive for lunch.

I am wondering how the inflation rate published by the govt is under 10%. By my budget, I am thinking we have been looking at something north of 20% or more. My grocery bill has close to doubled. Gas is 250% higher. The downstream effect of fuel is yet to be seen but rising.
Naples, yesterday $4.73, today, one day later $4.89, and the idiot in charge says "by God" we will be better, How/Why???????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT