ADVERTISEMENT

How precisely does the bushleague b1g not make a comment about the BLATANT result-changing non-call in scUM-Illinois game?

We aren’t able to win national titles, and there is no guarantee we ever will, expanded playoffs or not. We control if we win the conference. That is the objective, because that is up to us. I have no faith in the selection for the playoffs, no matter how they are constructed. Clemson is example one where your focus is suboptimal. Their conference sux compared to the BIG, and they’ve made the playoffs numerous times. Why wouldn’t the same apply to a BIG conference champ even if the BIG was weak?

Im a PSU alum, and a fan since the mid 70s. I hope for PSU success, not our enemies’ success. If you can’t understand that, we’ll, I can’t help you. Each to his own, I suppose.
And this is what I just said--you're stuck in the past when we were an independent. We aren't and haven't been for a long time.
Again, you're scared of competition.

This is where we disagree. If everyone truly believes that is "cheating" or "outright theft" they're blind.
And it's not about our SOS--it's about 2 Big Ten teams being in the playoff sending us to the Rose
Literally Michigan and Ohio State winning unless they're playing us is good for us. Just like Michigan and Ohio State are thrilled we have 10 wins (or will have 10)
Not the same. Of course if we were undefeated I'd want Michigan and Ohio State to have only 1 loss. As it is, we are chasing. It's debatable if both OSU&Michigan in the playoff helps or hurts us given it's almost impossible to win the division without beating AT LEAST one of those teams. I'd love the Rose Bowl, but they are our direct competition, slight impacts to SOS be damned.

I didn't mind when Rich Rod had that team looking very average, helped Penn State beat them on the field, in our standing in the conference, and probably with a few recruits.

Yes, but don't see it happening in the BIG. This is why Penn State should leave the BIG10 and go to the ACC. In the ACC you would get the absolute best officiating and Penn State I feel, would absolutely dominate the conference even in basketball. Penn State has to think about the future and the cheating BIG10 is not it.
My son-in-law's dad is an ACC football replay official. He confirmed the obvious that was an aggregious blatant pick play and absolutely should've called. I do think that both UNC and Duke get more than their fair share of calls on the court. I don't think that applies to Clemson in FB.

Not the same. Of course if we were undefeated I'd want Michigan and Ohio State to have only 1 loss. As it is, we are chasing. It's debatable if both OSU&Michigan in the playoff helps or hurts us given it's almost impossible to win the division without beating AT LEAST one of those teams. I'd love the Rose Bowl, but they are our direct competition, slight impacts to SOS be damned.

I didn't mind when Rich Rod had that team looking very average, helped Penn State beat them on the field, in our standing in the conference, and probably with a few recruits.
I don't understand or respect this "we need Michigan and Ohio State to be bad" mentality. Ideally USC, Michigan and Ohio State are all elite along with us for the next decade and the Big Ten is regularly putting 4 teams in the playoffs and we win those games

I don't understand or respect this "we need Michigan and Ohio State to be bad" mentality. Ideally USC, Michigan and Ohio State are all elite along with us for the next decade and the Big Ten is regularly putting 4 teams in the playoffs and we win those games
Well "bad" isn't going to happen, but if you're chasing the leader and they trip, hey you're the new leader. I'll take it however I can get it.

Of course IDEALLY want Penn State to be elite, amazing, best in the country, and beating excellent competition. But PRAGMATICALLY the reality is we have to win our division to make the playoffs, and beating OSU and Michigan, however it has to happen, is the path to get there. Those wins are extremely valuable, for division position, national reputation, and recruiting.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Well "bad" isn't going to happen, but if you're chasing the leader and they trip, hey you're the new leader. I'll take it however I can get it.

Of course IDEALLY want Penn State to be elite, amazing, best in the country, and beating excellent competition. But PRAGMATICALLY the reality is we have to win our division to make the playoffs, and beating OSU and Michigan, however it has to happen, is the path to get there. Those wins are extremely valuable, for division position, national reputation, and recruiting.
They don't need to trip--you need to pass them
You can hope that others stumble to our level or below. I want to win because we're elite

They don't need to trip--you need to pass them
You can hope that others stumble to our level or below. I want to win because we're elite
Ideally, sure, we agree. But uktimately those scenarios are not mutually exclusive. I'll take the win however we can get it because it's progress. I want Penn State to improve to elite AND those teams to slip especially Ohio State so we pass them in reputation and on the field. Both probably necessary.

Ideally, sure, we agree. But uktimately those scenarios are not mutually exclusive. I'll take the win however we can get it because it's progress. I want Penn State to improve to elite AND those teams to slip especially Ohio State so we pass them in reputation and on the field. Both probably necessary.
That's fine. I want Penn State, Michigan, USC and Ohio State to rival Bama, Georgia, etc in the SEC. I want to play elite teams every year because those are the best games. Beating teams like Rutgers and Purdue means nothing to me.

Good luck with that and the rotten cheating BIG

In the ACC you would get the absolute best officiating and Penn State I feel, would absolutely dominate the conference even in basketball.
WOW!

PSU has zero chance of ever being more than a bottom feeder basketball program. THat sad, but history has proven that to be the case. I thought when PSU joined the Big Ten that MBB would finally make something of itself. It’s been 30 years and still nada.

I‘d love for them to be good, but it just isn’t going to happen in this millenium

WOW!

PSU has zero chance of ever being more than a bottom feeder basketball program. THat sad, but history has proven that to be the case. I thought when PSU joined the Big Ten that MBB would finally make something of itself. It’s been 30 years and still nada.

I‘d love for them to be good, but it just isn’t going to happen in this millenium
Don’t sleep on Shrews…he is a big timer.

If michigan needed referee help to beat Illinois, I doubt they will beat Ohio state.

The ball hitting the ground reminded me of the referee gift catch ohio state got against us.
Yep, all depends on the match-up. At the OSU game, I told some OSU fans in front of me that the B10 was making sure Ohio State and Michigan would be undefeated going into their game. When the powers that be see that PSU is undefeated, I will believe all the arguments that calls always even out.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
I think officiating needs to improve at all levels of football
I think the NCAA should have officials and not the conference
But you said "cheating" and "outright theft" which is false. Calls are going to be missed. The speed of the game is too fast in all honesty and that contributes to some missed calls.
I still have no issue at all with any call in the Michigan-Illinois game. None. And I still believe people are just mad about 2019 against Minnesota and aren't being rational.
Come on, Lando. Tell us the truth. You're really a B10 ref in your spare time, aren't you?!!! 😉

I don't want Ohio State and Michigan to be bad. I just want to win a few games against them decided by terrible calls. Then I want to hear their fan base say "come on, man. The calls all even out!" Or maybe hear them whine "The big 10 refs make sure that Penn State wins every game!"

I don't want Ohio State and Michigan to be bad. I just want to win a few games against them decided by terrible calls. Then I want to hear their fan base say "come on, man. The calls all even out!" Or maybe hear them whine "The big 10 refs make sure that Penn State wins every game!"
I'm fine with that but that's not what the other person was saying

I'm fine with that but that's not what the other person was saying
Lando, I have lived in Ohio in the past for 12 years, and now I have lived there again for two. I have come to a point where I dislike Ohio State so much, I never wanna see them win a game. Don't get me wrong, I have some really good friends who are Ohio State fans, but for the most part, they are rude, disrespectful, and how many more adjectives can I come up with? That's one of the reasons it bothers me so bad when I see Penn State fans act just as mean! I will never pull for Ohio State, and I will never pull for Michigan, regardless of the circumstances.

You have to realize that Penn State will never ever beat Ohio State and Michigan on a regular basis. Their just not on that level, but if Penn State went to the ACC they could at least compete for a league championship and maybe a play off spot. I think they could.

Lando, I have lived in Ohio in the past for 12 years, and now I have lived there again for two. I have come to a point where I dislike Ohio State so much, I never wanna see them win a game. Don't get me wrong, I have some really good friends who are Ohio State fans, but for the most part, they are rude, disrespectful, and how many more adjectives can I come up with? That's one of the reasons it bothers me so bad when I see Penn State fans act just as mean! I will never pull for Ohio State, and I will never pull for Michigan, regardless of the circumstances.
And, to me, JMO--that goes back to us still acting as they we're an independent. It's not about liking Ohio State or Michigan. It's not about wanting good things for them but Michigan beating Illinois was good for us. We can all still enjoy seeing them lose when it happens while accepting that might not be best for us. Especially non-conference games. The Big Ten going undefeated in non-conference is huge.

You have to realize that Penn State will never ever beat Ohio State and Michigan on a regular basis. Their just not on that level, but if Penn State went to the ACC they could at least compete for a league championship and maybe a play off spot. I think they could.
I mean, at least come up with new material

I know that you're trying to be a wise ass, so I'm surprised you didn't say that PSU should join the MAC, then we'd win the championship every year. Anyway, FYI, PSU actually is 3-3 against Michigan since 2017, and I would expect that it will have a very good chance to beat them next season at home.

Also, things tend to be cyclical. OSU's program wasn't in great shape before Tressel took over and also before Meyer took over. Back in the 80s, OSU under Bruce finished almost every season 8-3 or 9-3. Eventually, OSU will drop off like all of the great programs have; i.e., ND, Nebraska, USC. Michigan, etc. It's just a question of how long it will take to recover when it happens. So, enjoy your team's success while it lasts, because it won't last forever.

Last edited:
I know that you're trying to be a wise ass, so I'm surprised you didn't say that PSU should join the MAC, then we'd win the championship every year. Anyway, FYI, PSU actually is 3-3 against Michigan since 2017, and I would expect that it will have a very good chance to beat them next season at home.

Also, things tend to be cyclical. OSU's program wasn't in great shape before Tressel took over and also before Meyer took over. Back in the 80s, OSU under Bruce finished almost every season 8-3 or 9-3. Eventually, OSU will drop off like all of the great programs have; i.e., ND, Nebraska, USC. Michigan, etc. It's just a question of how long it will take to recover when it happens. So, enjoy your team's success while it lasts, because it won't last forever.
How was I being a wise ass? You have a agree with everything I said. Its just the truth. Penn State in the ACC would be a great fit and no more getting screwed. Just sayin.

Reactions: MacNit07
Honestly folks ... if you've been watching B1G games for any period of time you really shouldn't be surprised.

Meatchicken and Bucknuts will continue to get all the favorable calls, especially down the stretch or when it really matters until the cows come home. Especially with everything that's on the line this weekend ... we really should not be surprised at all.

Been a way of life in the BIG 10 for as long as I can remember.
And ... when it comes to the officiating in this league ... that's a fairly long time.

You do realize this a-hole argued for several days that this was a good non-call by the Officials because it was perfectly legal???

Now, when proven wrong and that it was a horrendous non-call on BEYOND BLATANT and OBVIOUS Offensive Pass Interference, it's "they just missed it" - LMAO, how precisely could they have "just missed it" and "not seen it" when the completed pass was made to the exact area where the BLATANT and OBVIOUS Offensive Pass Interference occurred allowing the completion????

After the b1g cheaters completely robbed PSU in 2005 - you had douchebag scUM and b1g-homers arguing ad infinitum that the call involving Avante was a good call when there is video showing half of his f'ing landing foot Out-of-Bounds!!! Some things never change in this bushleague, parochial, POS conference including their putz, a-hole, douche fans making ridiculous bullshit arguments in defense of this classless POS conference and their cheating Officials such as claiming clear violations of the rules actually aren't violations..... blah, blah, blah........

• Love
You do realize this a-hole argued for several days that this was a good non-call by the Officials because it was perfectly legal???

Now, when proven wrong and that it was a horrendous non-call on BEYOND BLATANT and OBVIOUS Offensive Pass Interference, it's "they just missed it" - LMAO, how precisely could they have "just missed it" and "not seen it" when the completed pass was made to the exact area where the BLATANT and OBVIOUS Offensive Pass Interference occurred allowing the completion????

After the b1g cheaters completely robbed PSU in 2005 - you had douchebag scUM and b1g-homers arguing ad infinitum that the call involving Avante was a good call when there is video showing half of his f'ing landing foot Out-of-Bounds!!! Some things never change in this bushleague, parochial, POS conference including their putz, a-hole, douche fans making ridiculous bullshit arguments in defense of this classless POS conference and their cheating Officials such as claiming clear violations of the rules actually aren't violations..... blah, blah, blah........
This garbage happened in the Pitt-WVU game back in 2007 when WVU had a chance to play for the national championship. The referees blatantly tried to give that game to WVU, but WVU refused to take it. Therefore, this isn't a new thing. It's happened before and will happen again, and there's no doubt that Illinois was a victim of intentional bad calls in order to ensure that the other team would stay undefeated.

This also is the second time that this garbage happened in a Michigan game this season, as it also happened when they played Iowa.

Last edited:
  • Haha

It was a good non-call. If it was called OPI against us you more than anyone would have complained. I was never "proven wrong". Multiple former officials have said they wouldn't have called it OPI because he disengaged and demonstrated a route at the end. You just make up stuff to fit your conspiracy theory. I assure you that you argued the call against Minnesota was wrong and the officials were cheating when they weren't. You're just pathetic honestly

It was a good non-call. If it was called OPI against us you more than anyone would have complained. I was never "proven wrong". Multiple former officials have said they wouldn't have called it OPI because he disengaged and demonstrated a route at the end. You just make up stuff to fit your conspiracy theory. I assure you that you argued the call against Minnesota was wrong and the officials were cheating when they weren't. You're just pathetic honestly
Hey go ahead and link some former officials saying that it wasnt OPI. Please. What I've seen is everyone agreeing it is clearly OPI, I'm curious to read some other perspectives.

Clearly OPI....... PSU going through the BS Sanctions is getting back to where they belong at the upper echelon of the Big 10. When we came into the Big 10 1993 and 1994 we dominated........then with JP's age and the sanctions we dropped back,but are coming on.

We have most of the key positions with key players.....QB, RB, DE, LB, all of the DBs.....need WRS and a couple more OL and DTs and we will be back.

Once we become a dominant money maker venture, we will start to get the calls that OSU and Mich have gotten, OSU due to their wins in past 10 years and Michigan due to their history.

Hey go ahead and link some former officials saying that it wasnt OPI. Please. What I've seen is everyone agreeing it is clearly OPI, I'm curious to read some other perspectives.
It was on ESPN the day of the game multiple times.

Before entering the B10, we had a winning record against OSU. We have lost quite a few to you since. But before we go further, I'd like to ask an honest question and get an honest answer from you. Can you name one game where Penn State beat OSU on a bad call by the refs?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Clearly OPI....... PSU going through the BS Sanctions is getting back to where they belong at the upper echelon of the Big 10. When we came into the Big 10 1993 and 1994 we dominated........then with JP's age and the sanctions we dropped back,but are coming on.

We have most of the key positions with key players.....QB, RB, DE, LB, all of the DBs.....need WRS and a couple more OL and DTs and we will be back.

Once we become a dominant money maker venture, we will start to get the calls that OSU and Mich have gotten, OSU due to their wins in past 10 years and Michigan due to their history.
I don't think you'll ever see the day when we get consistently bad calls made for us!

And, to me, JMO--that goes back to us still acting as they we're an independent. It's not about liking Ohio State or Michigan. It's not about wanting good things for them but Michigan beating Illinois was good for us. We can all still enjoy seeing them lose when it happens while accepting that might not be best for us. Especially non-conference games. The Big Ten going undefeated in non-conference is huge.
Wow, looking back, I sure wish Michigan had not lost the Appalachian State. That was just not good for anybody. 😊

Wow, looking back, I sure wish Michigan had not lost the Appalachian State. That was just not good for anybody. 😊
Again, enjoy when they lose but it's not good that we lost to a team that good beat by App State that year when we were ranked 10th

This guy is so full of sh$t it’s not even funny - I am so sick of this crappy conference and yes I would rather be in the ACC mainly due to geography and long term rivalries but also to get away from the garbage officiating that we have been subjected too all these years. Funny how Illinois just woke up - maybe the rest of the doormat schools will as well - i but USC won’t put of with this crap when they come in.

• Haha
This guy is so full of sh$t it’s not even funny - I am so sick of this crappy conference and yes I would rather be in the ACC mainly due to geography and long term rivalries but also to get away from the garbage officiating that we have been subjected too all these years. Funny how Illinois just woke up - maybe the rest of the doormat schools will as well - i but USC won’t put of with this crap when they come in.
Yeah playing Virginia, Virginia Tech, Pitt and Louisville sounds amazing smh

Yeah - certainly not on the level of Rutgers- Purdue - Minny and Northwestern- give it a rest clown.
Sorry--so you want to play Clemson and UNC and are pretending they're on the level of Ohio State and Michigan. The ACC is garbage and we all know it. You just think we'd win more in the ACC. Then if that doesn't work out you'd probably want to form our own conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT