ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Helene

My homeowners' ins went to $3700/ mo from $1200 in 2 years. Fortunately, the state created citizens, and they only chg me $1400. One 100-year storm caused this. Worse, most damage was flooding, and some people did not have coverage. I live 55 miles from the ocean. Imagine the cost in towns like New Smyrna.
$3700 a month? Really? Damn.

Asheville has been devastated. Downtown under water. Roads closed. I-40 washed out. A major dam reportedly in serious danger of collapse. This is pretty much the worst-case scenario that forecasters were discussing at this time yesterday.

• Sad
Reactions: Westcoast24
Asheville has been devastated. Downtown under water. Roads closed. I-40 washed out. A major dam reportedly in serious danger of collapse. This is pretty much the worst-case scenario that forecasters were discussing at this time yesterday.

Wow. It's likely to get way worse, especially in the larger river drainages. Depending on topography and watershed drainage areas, peak flooding might even be as late as a day or so after the rain stops.

Those prices are absolutely insane. I pay like $1,100 a year.

We pay $48 per month, which comes to $576 a year...and that's like a 15% increase from a couple years ago.

Our homeowner's insurance was cut in half when we moved from Maryland to Pennsylvania a few years ago. Same thing with car insurance...only the decrease with that was even steeper.

We pay $48 per month, which comes to $576 a year...and that's like a 15% increase from a couple years ago.

Our homeowner's insurance was cut in half when we moved from Maryland to Pennsylvania a few years ago. Same thing with car insurance...only the decrease with that was even steeper.
Is the out house covered?

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry
We had no damage or flooding from Helene here in south Sarasota. We are about 1.5 to 2 miles from Sarasota Bay. Siesta Key was totally overrun by the Storm surge, something never seen before in recorded history. Basically it was underwater for awhile.

While the storm surge was record breaking, they say the 1921 hurricane that hit just north of Tampa probably would have doubled Helene’s storm surge, but they didn’t have any reliable method of measuring it back then. Also, the barrier islands were pretty much unoccupied at that time.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT