ADVERTISEMENT

I don't wear Blue&White glasses

Thus Spake Mainer

Oct 23, 2007
But I have good feeling about this game. Whenever I look at a bowl game the first thing I look at is what team is glad to be at the bowl game and which team is disappointed to be there (they expected a better season or a better bowl selection or location). Second, is there a team going through a coaching change. Third, are there a bunch of last year players (like Hack) who want to make a statement. Granted, these are all intangibles, but they all go PSU's way big time. Talent, experience and depth are UGA's, no question about it, but that sometimes does not translate into a bowl win.

But I have good feeling about this game. Whenever I look at a bowl game the first thing I look at is what team is glad to be at the bowl game and which team is disappointed to be there (they expected a better season or a better bowl selection or location). Second, is there a team going through a coaching change. Third, are there a bunch of last year players (like Hack) who want to make a statement. Granted, these are all intangibles, but they all go PSU's way big time. Talent, experience and depth are UGA's, no question about it, but that sometimes does not translate into a bowl win.

No. You are wearing blue and white glasses. People act like Georgia is a pushover. NOT! PSU does not have the OL yet. I can't go in expecting PSU to win. It is possible but not likely.

No. You are wearing blue and white glasses. People act like Georgia is a pushover. NOT! PSU does not have the OL yet. I can't go in expecting PSU to win. It is possible but not likely.
Two points:
1) Glad I am not watching the game with you in my presence.
2) You don't wear blue and white glasses, you wear douchebag colored glasses
That is all!

Reactions: step.eng69
One thing I do know is, you have a bunch of players (UGA) and nobody around them has the hammer (HC that could actual do something to them) and who knows what will happen. I think the UGA players will be on an all out free for all at UGA's expense.

Just watch the game and you will all figure out what is what.
The positive I see for PSU is that it should have healed from the plethora of injuries it experiences in the last 4 weeks of the season (I believe more than for any team in the nation, can't prove it but I think that is a reasonable assumption) The only starter that I know is not back for this game from mid season is Lucas (love the guy and he will be missed) Otherwise, there are too many variables with both these squads for anyone to predict anything,

Didn't see anything in the original post about Georgia being a pushover and I don't think they are either. But I think he made a number of valid points. I also notice over the years that many bowl outcomes are based upon which team was more motivated to play for whatever reason rather than purely on talent.

I like how we match up vs Ga....much better than some of the other potential opponents. while I rarely feel we have no chance I also try to be realistic regarding the odds. I have this one as pretty even. OP made some very good points that are recurring themes and will be factors in the outcome of many bowl games each year (i.e. coaching changes, team motivation,etc). Those obviously are factors in this game but who knows how Ga will respond

Don't dare say we will lose though especially if Franklin Restores hasn't taken his balancing meds.

First time ever I agree with Zwick. I think we match up better with them, but our offense didn't improve over 3 months worth of practices,I don't see 15 extra helping.

I have great respect for the GA program and their talent. As Phil said, this game likely comes down to which team does better in red zone. The loss of Chubb hurts GA big time. Barkley will be the best offensive player on the field and Hack will be the best QB. Given what GA has gone through with coaching changes, if we could get up on them by two scores in second half, I can see them having trouble coming back.

People keep making a big deal about UGa's coaching situation - stupid if you ask me because UGa's Offense has been putrid all year, so it is not going to be that big an impact; the strength of UGa has been their Defense, which is very good. Don't think their Defense is really going to be all that impacted by the coaching situation - Defense is much easier to play scheme-wise than offense especially for an experienced team in the system. As for UGa "not wanting to be there"...."wanting to be at a better bowl".... - that's beyond stupid because if UGa really didn't want to be there, they could forfeit if they wanted - nobody is forcing them to be there. And if you aren't in the 4-Game Invitational Tournament, which UGa is not, it is absurd to say that the players are super focused on which specific meaningless bowl they go to.

UGa is 9-3 and tied for third best team in the SEC - they're a very good team, every bit as good as LSU. UGa is favored for a reason - PSU will have to play great to beat them, but teams are always getting better or worse, they never stay the same, so it will be interesting to see how PSU comes out of the bowl season layoff and practices....PSU is much, much, much healthier than they were at the end of the season.

I have great respect for the GA program and their talent. As Phil said, this game likely comes down to which team does better in red zone. The loss of Chubb hurts GA big time. Barkley will be the best offensive player on the field and Hack will be the best QB. Given what GA has gone through with coaching changes, if we could get up on them by two scores in second half, I can see them having trouble coming back.

DON'T automatically assume Hack'll be the best QB on the field on Saturday.....that's been true in less than half of our games this year.

First time ever I agree with Zwick. I think we match up better with them, but our offense didn't improve over 3 months worth of practices,I don't see 15 extra helping.

Wow, isn't that special....are we supposed to care about your opinion and why is "what you see" ascribed significance in this debate? Who really gives a rotten $hit what you do or don't see?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT