ADVERTISEMENT

I told you all Notre Dame was the bastion of hypocrisy! Trying to ban a Chick-fil-A from being located on campus! Ah yes, Christian hypocrisy!

I seem to recall ND students protesting the Vietnam war and making things difficult around the campus and town. Then President Hesburgh told them to stop or they would be expelled and prosecuted if necessary. They stopped.
If the current President had any stones (he doesn’t), he should tell the students the same thing - any trouble or any destruction of property, you will be expelled and prosecuted if necessary. He should tell his admins and faculty the same thing - the front door is over there, you’re free to leave.
I’m in the bottom of the 8th inning in this life, and maybe that’s not so bad because this place has gone so pathetically stupid, I don’t care to see the end of this crap.

LMAO. I bet these 180 students/faculty members(the # made me laugh) are a lot of fun in life and have a lot of friends at parties among their peers.

What? Wild Turkey and No Patron?! Busch Light and Bud Light and no Dogfish Head?! Where is the diversity?

I honestly any of those 180 could,....wait for it......

PBR me ASAP!

;) :eek: :p :eek: ;)

Rahm tried this in Chicago when he was mayor. Didn’t have “Chicago values” he said. Didn’t work!! Chicago got it’s Chick-Fila. Even plenty of the L’s, the G’s and the B’s (those supposedly discriminated against by the company) spoke up saying the food was too good not to have here. It was great to see the smug “Tiny Dancer” get put in his place on that issue.

Reactions: bison13
This is the RC Church:

As of Wednesday, the Global Liberty Alliance also reported the disappearance of a Methodist pastor, Carlos Raúl Macías López, and his family.

While Christians on the island face significant persecution, the Vatican has not yet issued any substantive statement on the protests or the state violence in response to them as of Wednesday. Pope Francis has visited Cuba with the blessing of the Communist Party, receiving praise from Fidel Castro. Most Christians remaining in Cuba identify as Catholic. (Cat has his tongue)

I seem to recall ND students protesting the Vietnam war and making things difficult around the campus and town. Then President Hesburgh told them to stop or they would be expelled and prosecuted if necessary. They stopped.
If the current President had any stones (he doesn’t), he should tell the students the same thing - any trouble or any destruction of property, you will be expelled and prosecuted if necessary. He should tell his admins and faculty the same thing - the front door is over there, you’re free to leave.
I’m in the bottom of the 8th inning in this life, and maybe that’s not so bad because this place has gone so pathetically stupid, I don’t care to see the end of this crap.
I can tell you based on first hand experience with the president of ND he is going to burn in hell.

I liked it more when the worst thing one could be on a college campus was close minded. Frankly, I don't think one can truly educated until they have been exposed to a wide range of ideas, particularly ideas different from those they currently know and accept.
There aren't enouugh safe spaces for an open discussion of anything on college campuses - their approach is to ban anything they deem outside of their held beliefs which they feel we should all share - I know I use my companies safe spaces all the time becuase the real world is the same as a college campus so kudos for them preparing our kids for that. ;)

Reminds me of the old lefty (faulty logic) addage...

Don't like abortion? Don't have one.
well....
Don't like chic-fil-a? Don't eat there.
Of course, in this day and age, the left has abandoned civil liberty and has descended to coercion and totalitarianism. (NOTE TO TOM: This isn't politics. This is a statement of fact that no one disputes and relevant to the topic.)

Whatever you feelings, it is pretty amazing to see faculty/students at THE Catholic University up in arms regarding a company/owner that holds Christian values.
The right uses this "logic" too. Don't like pot?, don't smoke it. Don't like gambling?, don't do it. Don't like hookers?, don't hire them. Plenty on unAmerican stupidity at both tails of the distribution

The right uses this "logic" too. Don't like pot?, don't smoke it. Don't like gambling?, don't do it. Don't like hookers?, don't hire them. Plenty on unAmerican stupidity at both tails of the distribution
I like your name, Keyser. Here's the difference. I have never seen the 'right' protesting race tracks or lottery selling establishments. Nor have I seen them organizing boycotts of Vegas. Same goes for Herb. There's a difference between using legitimate political channels to effect change and actively harassing a business because you don't like how they spend their money. Keyser Soze was very smart. You are not.

I liked it more when the worst thing one could be on a college campus was close minded. Frankly, I don't think one can truly educated until they have been exposed to a wide range of ideas, particularly ideas different from those they currently know and accept.
Well said sir! Disagreeing with something based on uninformed opinions is a real threat to higher education. Somewhere along the line, feelings became synonymous with critical thinking.

Reactions: TheGLOV
These students need to shut the f*ck up. Stupid nd assholes. Aside from their position being utterly stupid, Chick-fil-A is awesome.

EAT. MOR. CHIKIN. o_O
I have tried CFLA about five times over the years including the spicy chicken sandwich. I don't see the attraction. The food is bland much like McNuggets which I tried once. What am I missing taste wise? At least KFC has some flavor.

I like your name, Keyser. Here's the difference. I have never seen the 'right' protesting race tracks or lottery selling establishments. Nor have I seen them organizing boycotts of Vegas. Same goes for Herb. There's a difference between using legitimate political channels to effect change and actively harassing a business because you don't like how they spend their money. Keyser Soze was very smart. You are not.

Insults aside, the tactics differ but the intent is the same -- telling other people how they should live their lives.

You should be against that interference regardless of the source. As long as someone doesn't hurt others, whether they smoke pot or hire a hooker should be no concern of yours. Being conservative used to mean being in favor of limiting government interference in our lives as much as possible, now it means imposing one's moral standards on others.

I used to belong to the GOP. To borrow from my hero Ronald Reagan, I didn't leave the Republican Party, the party left me.

Joey is a big guy (an athlete, not pugsley).. having a hard time figuring how he got to (and maintains) that size without chowing down on real food.

Insults aside, the tactics differ but the intent is the same -- telling other people how they should live their lives.

You should be against that interference regardless of the source. As long as someone doesn't hurt others, whether they smoke pot or hire a hooker should be no concern of yours. Being conservative used to mean being in favor of limiting government interference in our lives as much as possible, now it means imposing one's moral standards on others.

I used to belong to the GOP. To borrow from my hero Ronald Reagan, I didn't leave the Republican Party, the party left me.
You could actually say the same thing about "Liberals" - they have morphed into a group that won't allow opposing opinions or speech about anything that isn't aligned with their group think and now we have the US Government working with Private Companies like Facebook to censor US citizens - this stuff is nuts and George Orwell would be scared that his distopian world has come to be. It's the fault of both sides.

FOX News

Notre Dame students and faculty outraged by proposed campus Chick-fil-A​

Michael Ruiz 4 hrs ago
http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAM7Ij2?ocid=sf
https://twitter.com/share?url=http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAM7Ij2?ocid=st&text=Notre+Dame+students+and+faculty+outraged+by+proposed+campus+Chick-fil-A&original_referer=http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAM7Ij2?ocid=st
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?text=http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAM7Ij2?ocid=sw

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/ani...ing-invasive-species/vi-AAM6vFW?ocid=msedgntp
A group of students and faculty at an elite Catholic university say they don’t want Chick-fil-A to open a restaurant on their Indiana campus because of the restaurant chain’s frequent donations to Christian groups.

Roughly 180 University of Notre Dame students and faculty have signed an open letter calling on the school’s Campus Dining division to nix the proposed new shop.
The movement gained steam after two undergrad students wrote a letter to the editor to the Observer, a college newspaper, titled "Keep Chick-fil-A away," Campus Reform reported Monday.
CHICK-FIL-A IS AMERICA'S TOP FAST FOOD SPOT FOR 7TH-STRAIGHT YEAR
The letter writers, Tilly Keeven-Glascock and Joey Jegier, accused Chick-fil-A of donating millions to "queerphobic groups," which they said include the nonprofit Fellowship of Christian Athletes. And they objected to owner Dan Cathy’s personal donations to organizations like the National Christian Charitable Foundation, which they alleged "funds hate groups."
Fox News reported in 2019 that Chick-fil-A said it would no longer donate to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Salvation Army because of similar criticisms and had cut off other groups as early as 2012.
Keeven-Glascock and Jegier also claimed that because the restaurant chain gets its food from industrialized farming, it’s bad for the environment, "deplorable" and places a "burden" on "marginalized communities."
"North America has an obsession with meat like no other country on Earth and it is helping destroy the planet," wrote the duo, a university senior and junior.
NEW YORK DEMOCRATS ACCUSE CHICK-FIL-A OF DISCRIMINATION, WANT TO BAN IT FROM REST STOPS
They also argued that Chick-fil-A’s menu of "fried chicken and potatoes…does not supply an array of options suitable for a diverse campus community" and argued vegans and vegetarians "would receive little benefit."
In their letter to the editor, Keeven-Glascock and Jegier included a link to the open letter attempting to strong-arm the school’s Campus Dining to reconsider choosing Chick-fil-A.
In addition to more than 150 students, at least 26 faculty members had signed the document as of Tuesday evening.
"Students at other universities, such as NYU and Northeastern, have made headlines in their attempts to block Chick-fil-A," they wrote. "We have no plans for such a large-scale disruption; rather, we wish to resolve this concern before it transforms into a larger controversy."
Notre Dame and Chick-fil-A did not immediately respond to Fox News requests for comment.
Chick-fil-A was founded in Georgia in 1946 and since then has been closed on Sundays because its founder, Truett Cathy, refused to force his employees to miss a day of rest and worship.
Like Chick-fil-A needs Notre Dame. I know and respect the family who are true Christians. Didn’t realize Notre Dame gave that up.

The letter writers said that America’s obsession with meat is a danger to the planet….do they not realize that is the sole purpose of cows and chickens? It’s not like you see them out in the wild.

They actually wrote this...

"North America has an obsession with meat like no other country on Earth and it is helping destroy the planet," wrote the duo, a university senior and junior.

Maybe they need to take some more geography classes there at old ND and learn the difference between a continent and a country.

You could actually say the same thing about "Liberals" - they have morphed into a group that won't allow opposing opinions or speech about anything that isn't aligned with their group think and now we have the US Government working with Private Companies like Facebook to censor US citizens - this stuff is nuts and George Orwell would be scared that his distopian world has come to be. It's the fault of both sides.

I agree completely, today's "liberals" are nothing like what that word is supposed to mean

LOL, wut?

Amen! Remember when the right tried boycotting google, facebook, and twitter. Stupid protests. Just don't use them...of course it's hard not to use google and their various platforms.

On campus or near campus? No fast food restaurant has any business being on any campus, college, high school, or otherwise. The concept of a McDonald’s operating in a high school cafeteria is outrageous. If Chick-fil-A wants to open a store near the Notre Dame campus, they’re free to do so. School cafeterias should be serving nutritionally balanced meals.

On campus or near campus? No fast food restaurant has any business being on any campus, college, high school, or otherwise. The concept of a McDonald’s operating in a high school cafeteria is outrageous. If Chick-fil-A wants to open a store near the Notre Dame campus, they’re free to do so. School cafeterias should be serving nutritionally balanced meals.
Good grief! These are adult, college students and this is not the "school cafeteria." Sorry if I missed your sarcasm. Cause if you're serious....

I'm with you on high school cafeterias, but colleges are another matter.

East Halls had a pizza shop in the early 80's, and still has one. The difference between what was available at the HUB then and what is available now IIRC is that the shops were university food service operations rather than the major retail chains that are there now. The menus were still standard fast food offerings. The retail food operations (e.g. BK, Panda Express, Sbarro, et al at PSU and Chik-Fil-A at ND) didn't force their way on to campus, the respective universities allow them to be there, undoubtedly charging a robust rent.

As for cafeterias offering "nutritionally balanced meals", what one ate at the university cafeterias back in the day was only as nutritionally balanced as the students made it. You showed your ID, walked through the line, and took what you wanted passing on what you didn't want. No one was there to make sure you ate your vegatables, and, if, as one guy from my door did, you chose to have a breakfast consisting of three bowls of Cap'n Crunch, no was stopping him.

Last edited:
I'm with you on high school cafeterias, but colleges are another matter.

East Halls had a pizza shop in the early 80's, and still has one. The difference between what was available at the HUB then and what is available now IIRC is that the shops were university food service operations rather than the major retail chains that are there now. The menus were still standard fast food offerings. The retail food operations (e.g. BK, Panda Express, Sbarro, et al at PSU and Chik-Fil-A at ND) didn't force their way on to campus, the respective university allow them to be there, and undoubtedly charge them a robust rent.

As for cafeterias offering "nutritionally balanced meals", what one ate at the university cafeterias back in the day was only as nutritionally balanced as the students made it. You showed your ID, walked through the line, and took what you wanted passing on what you didn't want. No one was there to make sure you ate your vegatables, and, if, as one guy from my door did, chose to have a breakfast consisting of three bowls of Cap'n Crunch, no was stopping him.
If you want to put them in the student union, that’s fine. But in my experience, from grade school to middle school to high school to college, the school cafeterias prepared their own menu and options were fairly limited. You didn’t have an option between chicken or fish. (Actually, fish was never on the menu as far as I can recall, but you get the point.)

There was one entree. In high school we started getting some choices on sides but McDonald’s fries were never one of them and we always got milk. In college we always got jell-o but if they were serving, say, Johnny Marzetti, that’s what you got. There were other choices on sides but if you were on a food plan then you ate what they were serving. It was the same in every dining hall on campus. And it was all pretty good. But you always got some vegetables. Whether you ate them or not was your choice. And jell-o is a good source of protein. I always ate it and my hair and nails grew like mad.

When I was in school there was only one corporate chain in one of the student unions and that was Mark Pi’s. Their pepper steak was actually my door to liking Chinese food. Other than that, everything else was owned and operated by the university. I worked in a couple of those locations and they were really good. In Drake Union down by the towers next to the stadium I worked the griddle. In Ohio Union I worked at a coffee shop called Perks where we also sold ice cream and deli sandwiches. For awhile I made omelettes, four-at-a-time, and was good at it. We were backed up by a massive kitchen that served all sorts of businesses and other needs. During football season they’d serve huge banquets and I worked as a waiter, or as a bartender for smaller functions. During the summer we’d package hundreds of boxed meals for participants in the Special Olympics.

I grew up not far from South Bend and have spent a lot of time there. I saw my first concerts on the ND campus. Chick-fil-A could open a store within a few blocks of campus. I’m just not crazy about the idea of fast food restaurants operating on campus. And they should never ever substitute as a school cafeteria. Maybe if we didn’t have a problem with obesity in this country I’d feel differently.

Those words sound good. Let's analyze them.

Who on the right said anything close to: Hey, don't smoke pot if you don't like it?

That's what a liberal would say. The prototypical right winger would say, "Hang all drug dealers".

And again, the prototypical christian right winger would say, "Prostitution illegal and gambling illegal".

In each case, what you've said is simply wrong.

Vocal minority of students once again trying to force their will upon the entire student body. Faculty? No surprise there. Recall that a good number of the faculty at Duke University chose to demonize those Lacrosse players without evidence and then ended up with egg on their faces. Everyone likes friend chicken and fries. What is needed is more diversity in faculty and less groupthink within their numbers.
Seems that ND's recruiting of Christian students is about a hit or miss as college football recruiting.

ND needs to institute an admissions test on basic Christianity to weed out those without a clue from their university.

We get your hate of ND, and I also am anti-ND regarding football. But when they admit Catholics and some of those they admit aren't real Christians I can't fault them for trying. Just like Coach Franklin, and all coaches, recruit talented athletes but some don't turn out to be viable B10 players, ND is likely trying to admit a student body of actual Christians but misses on some of those as well.....

@Glov, my responses to this thread tells you I'm pretty bored today. Commit is in, grass is mowed, BRITISH open is over for today, and it's beer time before dinner......

Last edited:
Those words sound good. Let's analyze them.

Who on the right said anything close to: Hey, don't smoke pot if you don't like it?

That's what a liberal would say. The prototypical right winger would say, "Hang all drug dealers".

And again, the prototypical christian right winger would say, "Prostitution illegal and gambling illegal".

In each case, what you've said is simply wrong.
I didn't articulate well. What I wrote is how I respond to far righties about those issues.

Ummm…..ND is a private university and does as they please.

We get your hate of ND, and I also am anti-ND regarding football. But when they admit Catholics and some of those they admit aren't real Christians I can't fault them for trying. Just like Coach Franklin, and all coaches, recruit talented athletes but some don't turn out to be viable B10 players, ND is likely trying to admit a student body of actual Christians but misses on some of those as well.....

@Glov, my responses to this thread tell you I'm pretty bored today. Commit is in, grass is mowed, BRITISH open is over for today, and it's beer time before dinner......

Put your feet up Greg and relax with a cold beverage of your choice!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT