ADVERTISEMENT

idiot David Jones ......

One of my favorite Jones-isms was his suggestion a few weeks ago that to combat the ferocious Ohio State pass rush (1 sack against PSU), Penn State should rotate in a different offensive linemen for Paris Palmer on passing downs. One of my contacts said that got a huge laugh from the PSU coaching staff in a meeting room.

Franklin definitely reads all the news articles.

has an "article" on Pennlive the title of which tells all -"Joe Moorhead's offense could exploit Saquon Barkley if Penn State can find a quarterback and linemen". REALLY???? What a "scoop". How does he have a job?

No, I have not read the article, I do not read his "crap".
I know David Jones casually, and though I don't agree with everything he says, you might be interested to know that he feels the same way about this board :)

I know David Jones casually, and though I don't agree with everything he says, you might be interested to know that he feels the same way about this board :)

Since Davey boy seems to have so much hatred for all things Penn State, perhaps it is time for Penn State to reciprocate and ban his sorry a$$ from campus!!! Make him personna non grata in Lasch and in the press box!!! The last thing this program needs is to have a 'so-called' local sportswriter who does nothing but put down the team and the program EVERY CHANCE HE GETS!!!

Jones also used a poster on these message boards as one of his sources related to psu football.

On a side note jones appears very juvenile in his behavior and also comes across as a dork.

Last edited:

Not too many posters on this board are dumb enough to suggest, much less put in print, rotating offensive tackles based on if you are going to throw or not.

Since Davey boy seems to have so much hatred for all things Penn State, perhaps it is time for Penn State to reciprocate and ban his sorry a$$ from campus!!! Make him personna non grata in Lasch and in the press box!!! The last thing this program needs is to have a 'so-called' local sportswriter who does nothing but put down the team and the program EVERY CHANCE HE GETS!!!

Isn't Pennlive going to go under soon? Would be so sweet if he had to go find a job in North Dakota or something.

Reactions: BBrown and Bob78

You mean Dave doesn't faithfully believe Phil's Rug and Pennsyoracle? What is wrong with this world? Lmao.

You mean Dave doesn't faithfully believe Phil's Rug and Pennsyoracle? What is wrong with this world? Lmao.

Rent free...

th

Reactions: step.eng69
Trace DOES have a pop gun arm, HOWEVER, so did Zach Mills, and in my view, Trace can be for this offense, what Zach was to that offense. This offense does not require a big arm, it requires a skill set EXACTLY like McSorely has: Great elusiveness in the pocket, the ability to keep plays alive, the ability to move the chains with short throws and runs, and the occasional shot over the top on deep in's and out's.

Call me crazy but didn't the last 5 NCAA Championship Team QB's have.." Pop Gun Arns"?

David Jones: "We're looking at a 3 and 9 season."

At the time it made perfect sense and nearly everyone looking at it OBJECTIVELY felt that way.

This team made a miracle turn around, in which about a dozen different things all came together at the exact same time, the 2nd half vs Minnesota, and have been snowballing ever since.

At the time it made perfect sense and nearly everyone looking at it OBJECTIVELY felt that way.

This team made a miracle turn around, in which about a dozen different things all came together at the exact same time, the 2nd half vs Minnesota, and have been snowballing ever since.

Nearly everyone thought we'd go 3-9 at that point? Haha, ok.

Jones is a Professional Troll scraping out a meager living in the dying world of print media. If that was your existence, you would be miserable also.

Jones has been a professional troll since Day 1. He sent me a private message on another board almost 2 decades ago trying to get me to bash Joe so that I'm sure he could quote it as an anonymous source. Told him to take his crap elsewhere. He's part of the reason print media is dying. Educated people don't want to pay for the kind of uninformed trash he writes. He's been so bad for so long he couldn't get another job elsewhere.

Jones has been a professional troll since Day 1. He sent me a private message on another board almost 2 decades ago trying to get me to bash Joe so that I'm sure he could quote it as an anonymous source. Told him to take his crap elsewhere. He's part of the reason print media is dying. Educated people don't want to pay for the kind of uninformed trash he writes. He's been so bad for so long he couldn't get another job elsewhere.
If it were possible, you should have saved it so you could pull it out at times like these to show exactly how low what passes for journalism has sunk.

If it were possible, you should have saved it so you could pull it out at times like these to show exactly how low what passes for journalism has sunk.
I wish I had so that I could have exposed him numerous times for the hack he's always been.

has an "article" on Pennlive the title of which tells all -"Joe Moorhead's offense could exploit Saquon Barkley if Penn State can find a quarterback and linemen". REALLY???? What a "scoop". How does he have a job?

No, I have not read the article, I do not read his "crap".
I don't even like seeing his name on a thread. Maybe from now on just use iDJ.

Nearly everyone thought we'd go 3-9 at that point? Haha, ok.

Not one person thought they would be 7-2. Show me the post from YOU after the Michigan blow out, where you tell everyone PSU will be 7-2 by early November.

I'll be waiting for the link, thank you in advance.

Not one person thought they would be 7-2. Show me the post from YOU after the Michigan blow out, where you tell everyone PSU will be 7-2 by early November.

A sensible person views the season as one game at a time. An irrational person who has lost his cool -- a person like yourself -- jumps off the bridge because of a dreadful performance against the number 3 team in the nation.

You are an apologist (the word you love so much) for your ridiculous prediction, thus endorsing what I and many others already knew about you, i.e., you are a know-it-all jackass.

Whoa there fellow. There are numerous posters on this site who were very confident that we would not be a three - nine team and that includes Judge. Many knew that the third game of the season with a new offensive scheme and three new coaches at their positions (Pry) were not going to portend 3 - 9 season. We would have to have been neophytes to college football not to expect early season struggles.

Don't change the conditions into "expecting 7 - 2"; the conditions were, we did not expect 3 - 9.

I said 8-4 back in August...I can't remember the thread...does that mean I am lying? BTW...I would have been ecstatic with my prediction after the Michigan debacle.....now I would be disappointed! We are on our way, and practically everybody is back!!!

I said 8-4 back in August...I can't remember the thread...does that mean I am lying? BTW...I would have been ecstatic with my prediction after the Michigan debacle.....now I would be disappointed! We are on our way, and practically everybody is back!!!

I predicted 9-3 prior to the season with our most probable losses in descending order: scUM on the road a near certainty, daO$U @ home highly likely and one of the following due to their "coin-flip" nature - MSU @home, ASWP on the road OR Iowa @home. The prediction was spot on except for daO$U which has brought 10-2 into play.

Reactions: Judge Smails

LOLOLOLOL

Uhhhh no. Only idiots like you that think with their uncontrollable emotions thought that.

Those who remained calm and applied reason, logic, and objectivity still had no reason to fear 3-9.

LOLOLOLOL

Uhhhh no. Only idiots like you that think with their uncontrollable emotions thought that.

Those who remained calm and applied reason, logic, and objectivity still had no reason to fear 3-9.

I did not see one single post from you that said 7-2.

I predicted 9-3 prior to the season with our most probable losses in descending order: scUM on the road a near certainty, daO$U @ home highly likely and one of the following due to their "coin-flip" nature - MSU @home, ASWP on the road OR Iowa @home. The prediction was spot on except for daO$U which has brought 10-2 into play.

You did. One of the very very few. Notice how the others have nothing but attacks, and cannot back up their claims to the success this season so far.

I don't make game or season predictions. I am, was, and will always be a fan of Franklin's work ethic, integrity, recruiting ability and judgment. Based on the talent we've recruited and how young the team is I figured that things would come together sooner or later. As I posted a couple of days ago, our main problem was the youth along the LOS on both sides of the ball. The critics ignored just how good those players were going to be when they figured things out.

Patting myself on the back isn't my style, but I don't think you can name many posters who have been a bigger defender of Franklin on this board.

You are a worthless tool ...... your original comment was that "We're looking at a 3 and 9 season" and that "at the time it made perfect sense and nearly everyone looking at it OBJECTIVELY felt that way." No one said we would be at 7-2 in early November, SFB!
Typical ---- when called out, you change your narrative ........ time and time and time and time and time again and again and again and again ad infinitum

Receivers deserve a lot of the credit for success throwing deep. Every single one -- Godwin, Hamilton, Thompkins, Blacknall, Gesicki and Irvin Charles - has battled for balls, using their bodies to screen off DBs and break tackles. So yeah, McSorley throws pretty well 40 yards but it wouldn't work without this special group of receivers.

I don't make game or season predictions. I am, was, and will always be a fan of Franklin's work ethic, integrity, recruiting ability and judgment. Based on the talent we've recruited and how young the team is I figured that things would come together sooner or later. As I posted a couple of days ago, our main problem was the youth along the LOS on both sides of the ball. The critics ignored just how good those players were going to be when they figured things out.

Patting myself on the back isn't my style, but I don't think you can name many posters who have been a bigger defender of Franklin on this board.

I'll second that. You have been a big promoter of JMFF from the day he was announced, not doubt about it.

Receivers deserve a lot of the credit for success throwing deep. Every single one -- Godwin, Hamilton, Thompkins, Blacknall, Gesicki and Irvin Charles - has battled for balls, using their bodies to screen off DBs and break tackles. So yeah, McSorley throws pretty well 40 yards but it wouldn't work without this special group of receivers.

Yea, but even there you had trolls on here incessantly prior to the last couple of weeks (including going into the UMd game) claiming that the receivers stunk.....couldn't get separation......we were staring at 6-6 records, or worse, for as far as the eye could see....Franklin needs to go.....blah, blah, blah. But this absolute crap was not being posted by "real" PSU fans - it was being posted by "poser trolls".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT