ADVERTISEMENT

In advance of Covid Wave #2, what are you and family stockpiling?

It's pretty clear that there is only a surge in cases and no surge in deaths.

The most likely explanation for this is that we are simply testing more, rather than having a "second surge".

It is interesting that you can only see an increase in total mortality in the US when we had the nursing home debacle in NY, NJ, and associated regions. Other than that brief time period, it looks like a normal flu season.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

The most likely explanation for this is that we are simply testing more, rather than having a "second surge".

It is interesting that you can only see an increase in total mortality in the US when we had the nursing home debacle in NY, NJ, and associated regions. Other than that brief time period, it looks like a normal flu season.

Saw a stat directly from the CDC website ... NOT a biased news source, so NOT a FoxNews, CNN, ABC, NBC..... But directly from the CDC. And every age group category has a recovery rate of 95% or higher. I forget the exact groupings, but it was like ages 0-17 was 99.997% recovery, 18-30 was like 99.95%, 31-50 was like 99+ %, even age groups up to 70 years old was above 99% recovery. The only group that did not have a recovery rate at 99% or higher was the 70+ age group and they were like 95%...... And not to sound mean, but let's be honest, people 70+ years of age can catch literally ANYTHING and it could be fatal for them. Fact is that when people are 70+ years of age, they are weaker.

These shortages almost always feel like self fulfilling prophecies - the news says watch out for shortages of "X" and low an behold there is a run on "X". Dumb.

71bZhicXVyL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: RU31trap

COmmon cold and flu are corona viruses so some are being picked up by current testing. Dr of immunology from NIH told me this will be the case all winter with testing as some tests pick up anything and report pos.

Reactions: Ski and bison13
I’m solidly stocked up on essentials..... of course that’s because we live in NC and it’s hurricane season, not because of some fear-induced nonsensical panic.

Reactions: bison13
Good luck with that at this point. However, I do see .38(so) .357,, .40sw and 45acp still on shelves. Not a lot, but still a couple of boxes. Just forget about 9mm and 223/5.56 here in eastern PA and online. Even 12ga 00/000 & slugs are getting scarce.
223/556 Nato rare as Bigfoot himself here in NC.

I’m solidly stocked up on essentials..... of course that’s because we live in NC and it’s hurricane season, not because of some fear-induced nonsensical panic.

My neighbor JUST yesterday had the movers in, they are on their way to Wilmington, NC. Did not realize until the ESPN MJ special that he had gone to high school there.

Once this virus calms down, need to get there to play some golf and visit the battleship USS NC!

We've seen this movie before. If you buy into the media hysteria again then you will simply believe anything.

COVID-19 SURVIVAL RATES (per CDC, Sep 26):

Ages 0-19: 99.997%

Ages 20-49: 99.98%

Ages 50-69: 99.5%

Ages 70+: 94.6%

Not anything to do with buying into the hype, rather preparing some so not SOL when people act like idiots again

Reactions: bison13
I still have a bunch of stuff stockpiled I didn't use from the first lockdown so not buying into the hype again.

Never buy retail.
I don’t, nice to have a friend with a FFL and decent sized store. I am also part where of a 22 “buyers” club that buys mostly skids of 12ga target loads from a distributor and they have nice enough to hook us up with handgun ammo (not a skids worth though).

Reactions: Ranger Dan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT