ADVERTISEMENT

I am tired of people putting a ceiling

Georgia who lost to Bama(who lost to Vandy) and almost USCe and barely escaped 3-3 Kentucky.

The Oregon team who beat UCLA by a similar margin as us. Who only beat Boise by 3. Who struggled mightily against Idaho.

Ya OSU seemed unbeatable but they always do and we usually play them tough.

This year we are probably closest to the “top” as we have been since the 90s
All valid points--just like they would say we escaped BGSU and struggled with USC and Illinois
I'd rank us 3rd which is where we are ranked and there's only 4 teams (Bama isn't one) I wouldn't want to play
To be fair, Boise State is ranked in the top 15 so that's probably comparable to Illinois
And Ohio State hasn't played anyone but Oregon but a 1 point loss at Oregon is impressive
We'll see--I think we can give Ohio State a game but I want us to prove it.

Reactions: RickinDayton
All valid points--just like they would say we escaped BGSU and struggled with USC and Illinois
I'd rank us 3rd which is where we are ranked and there's only 4 teams (Bama isn't one) I wouldn't want to play
To be fair, Boise State is ranked in the top 15 so that's probably comparable to Illinois
And Ohio State hasn't played anyone but Oregon but a 1 point loss at Oregon is impressive
We'll see--I think we can give Ohio State a game but I want us to prove it.
My point is I don’t see any truly unbeatable teams this year.

I think that's because Penn State hasn't put all facets of the game together against a very good opponent, so we don't know what the ceiling could be, but as Al Davis said, "Just win baby." I'll take an ugly win over a beautiful loss every time.

We definitely have a ceiling - great culture...sure. But Franklin doesn't recruit top 5 classes every year. More like 10-15. Look at our next 2 receiver classes Hagans is bringing in...(hint: they suck). between 10-15 level and 10-15 level coaching -- I don't see this team ever being a national championship contender with Franklin there.
The only way to recruit top 5 classes is with lots of nil dollars now. You are blaming the coach and that paradigm no longer exists. Maybe a new high profile coach could get people to donate more, that’s about all he could do. If we have a ceiling, under the handful of top schools, that’s right where we belong and that’s ok.

Wait--as of today--do you think we'd beat Texas? Or Georgia or Ohio State or Oregon?
We are very good but we haven't shown that we're elite yet. Our best win is Illinois at home. Oregon played Ohio State and it was a 1 point game. Texas-Georgia play this week (I think). Once we play Ohio State we'll get that kind of respect if we earn it.
1986 was different--especially with how we beat Bama
We'll know soon if we're a contender for a title or just to make the playoff
I think we'd give any of them a game since we have an OC who is good at using what he has rather than worry about what he doesn't have. To win at this level you have to have an offense capable of keeping up with the other guy and be able to win a shootout rather than bank on holding them to under 20 points. I actually like our chances against Georgia this year from what I've seen of them.

I think we'd give any of them a game since we have an OC who is good at using what he has rather than worry about what he doesn't have. To win at this level you have to have an offense capable of keeping up with the other guy and be able to win a shootout rather than bank on holding them to under 20 points. I actually like our chances against Georgia this year from what I've seen of them.
Fair enough...I hope we get to find out. Ohio State will tell us a lot

It took troll Lando exactly 24 hours to start diminishing the USC win 😂. Clown. USC beat the number 8 team in the nation on a neutral field, outplayed Michigan for 56 minutes, and lost in a road game two times zones away on a bad call at the goal line. They played their best game of the year by FAR against Penn State on a day that Penn State didn't have their A game, and Penn State won.

Your team has two losses Lando, with Ohio state still ahead at the shoe.

It took troll Lando exactly 24 hours to start diminishing the USC win 😂. Clown. USC beat the number 8 team in the nation on a neutral field, outplayed Michigan for 56 minutes, and lost in a road game two times zones away on a bad call at the goal line. They played their best game of the year by FAR against Penn State on a day that Penn State didn't have their A game, and Penn State won.

Your team has two losses Lando, with Ohio state still ahead at the shoe.
They played their best game against LSU and their best half against Wisconsin
Making USC better than they are isn't necessary. They're a team that is 5-7 in their past 12 and 3-3 on the year. How we won was impressive. Not the opponent. Though hopefully SC wins out
Who's supposedly my team today?

They played their best game against LSU and their best half against Wisconsin
Making USC better than they are isn't necessary. They're a team that is 5-7 in their past 12 and 3-3 on the year. How we won was impressive. Not the opponent. Though hopefully SC wins out
Who's supposedly my team today?

Wierdo Commando finds his new WVU.

??? What did I say that was untrue?
Also WVU lost to Iowa State at home as I said. Almost had the score exactly right but WVU went for 2 late instead of just kicking it
It's okay to simply acknowledge unlike most I actually follow the sport nationally not just as a Penn State fan

It took Pitt 44 years to go 5-0. Psu goes 6-0 and Danielson and the village idiot and troll on this board have to chime in. Smh.
Clemson is the only good team on Pitt's schedule. They could easily finish 11-1 and be pissed that they didn't make the playoffs. At this point I expect the ACC to get 2 teams, Clemson & Miami.

He truly is a dip$hit (along with being a posing troll). All three of USC's losses have come in Conference play and come down to the final minute. Bozo boy ignores the fact that the Home-Team is 10-3 in these new former Pac12 team games - duhO$U found out just how big the Home-Team advantage is in these games versus the former PAC12 teams. Again, the Home-Team is 10-3 in these games! USC could have easily come into this game undefeated and they have good wins over LSU and what appears to be a pretty good Wisconsin team. Of USC's three conference losses PSU's is the only one @TheColiseum. In fact, both LSU and Wisconsin lost doing the East-to-West multiple timezone travel (and LSU is currently the #8 team in the nation, but lost to USC @TheColiseum). PSU's win is way more impressive as it was @TheColiseum and they overcame a 14 point 1st Half deficit.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
Clemson is the only good team on Pitt's schedule. They could easily finish 11-1 and be pissed that they didn't make the playoffs. At this point I expect the ACC to get 2 teams, Clemson & Miami.
Clemson better not lose again if they want in. Best thing for the ACC is for Miami to lose the CCG...its pretty much the only way they get 2...maybe 11-2 Clemson gets in

He truly is a dip$hit (along with being a posing troll). All three of USC's losses have come in Conference play and come down to the final minute. Bozo boy ignores the fact that the Home-Team is 10-3 in these new former Pac12 team games - duhO$U found out just how big the Home-Team advantage is in these games versus the former PAC12 teams. Again, the Home-Team is 10-3 in these games! USC could have easily come into this game undefeated and they have good wins over LSU and what appears to be a pretty good Wisconsin team. Of USC's three conference losses PSU's is the only one @TheColiseum. In fact, both LSU and Wisconsin lost doing the East-to-West multiple timezone travel (and LSU is currently the #8 team in the nation, but lost to USC @TheColiseum). PSU's win is way more impressive as it was @TheColiseum and they overcame a 14 point 1st Half deficit.
Just one correction. LSU lost to USC in Las Vegas. Agree about USC close to being undefeated and Wisconsin as a tough game for PSU. Remember Wisconsin lost their starting QB for the season after the first few minutes in their game against Alabama. They have had several games to get their new starter comfortable in the offense.
I don't think Lando is as negative on PSU as many of you think. He, like many of us fans are still wanting to see if PSU can put together more than two productive quarters which it will take against Wisconsin, OSU, Washington and Minnesota.
We all agree the talent is there with some gaps primarily @ LBer and WR.
All of us want the team to win every game.

Yeah Miami ND and Clemson all had things lined up very nicely. Miami likely won't play a team that will be ranked this year. Clemson lost to Georgia but other than that just has to beat Pitt. ND beat a bad Louisville team...they're hardest games are Navy and Army along with USC

Just one correction. LSU lost to USC in Las Vegas. Agree about USC close to being undefeated and Wisconsin as a tough game for PSU. Remember Wisconsin lost their starting QB for the season after the first few minutes in their game against Alabama. They have had several games to get their new starter comfortable in the offense.
I don't think Lando is as negative on PSU as many of you think. He, like many of us fans are still wanting to see if PSU can put together more than two productive quarters which it will take against Wisconsin, OSU, Washington and Minnesota.
We all agree the talent is there with some gaps primarily @ LBer and WR.
All of us want the team to win every game.
Yeah I think we go 11-1 and there's only 4 teams I'd pick to beat us on a neutral site but I think we're awful lol

Don't look but Syracuse is 5-1 with Kyle McCord playing lights out. They have enough skill around him to put up points on Pitt. Panthers got blanked in 2nd half and held on with missed FG against Cal. Credit to the Douche for winning the close ones but I would bet money that they lose 3 games (which means another NC according to Pittiots)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT