ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana upset about not getting a NYD6 bowl

He's dead on. It's all about the Luckeyes and scUM. Can't wait to see Ohiya get throttled again on the big stage.

As for scUM, I am sure they could have lobbied for a NY6 bowl and gotten one from these dishonest, manipulative, unethical weasels running the conference.

If you're ranked #7 by AP, #8 by Coaches, and #11 by the CFB Playoff System it only makes sense that you should be one of the 12 teams to play in a NY6 game.

I assume the snub is due to conference tie in with the bowls and how much TV money the bowls can get for covering certain teams.
There is no logical reason for snubbing them. They are the Texas A&M of the B10 this year.

Texas A&M is playing in a NY6 bowl game - Orange Bowl vs. 3 loss North Carolina who is rated below Indiana in all polls.

The Orange Bowl is contractually obligated to take an ACC team, even if the champion goes to the CFP.

The teams to be upset about would be Iowa St or Florida who were chosen over Indiana.

Reactions: psu00
The problem is that it’s an ex Indiana employee saying this. Until current AD employees (including at PSU) start speaking out, nothing will change.

As others pointed out, it appears Indiana got in line to change the 2 rules to allow Ohio St to play in the playoff with players who should be held out. The little 12 Stockholm syndrome continues.

Reactions: Jerry
The Orange Bowl is contractually obligated to take an ACC team, even if the champion goes to the CFP.

The teams to be upset about would be Iowa St or Florida who were chosen over Indiana.
That's my point. Indiana was screwed by the bowl tie ins. The Rose Bowl was eliminated as an option because this year they are tied into the playoff.

Laughably South Carolina was selected to go to a bowl game with a 2-8 record. The reason was because the SEC needed to fill its bowl contracts and 5-5 LSU had self-imposed a bowl ban.

Exactly. It's why Virginia played in the Orange Bowl last year despite being #23 in the polls, or whatever they were.

#25 Oregon is obligated as well, since they're the Pac-12's least crappy team.

So right there, 2 of the 12 teams in the NY6 will come from teams outside of the top-12. That means #11 and #12 get left out. The entire top-10 got in.

Logically, that makes sense. Though in reality, I hate the fact that 3-loss Florida is still #7 and 3-loss Iowa State is #10. Florida not dropping after losing to Alabama is one thing. They only dropped 1 spot after losing to LSU. THAT was blatant SEC favoritism.

Reactions: doctornick
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT