ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa discussions, news, etc. for 2024-25

Imagine Kennedy will portal after this season, Caliendo and Arnold both are there still.

I'm actually shocked he stayed this season but guessing he hasn't graduated yet. For his hype out of HS, him being 0/2 for AAing and then not starting his 3rd year is extremely shocking.

The wild thing is he is extremely offensive, when he is on, he is quite fun to watch and racks up takedowns at warp speed.
I think one of the reasons he hasn't found the portal is he knows he is starting.

Drink Up Full Monty GIF by FX Networks
My son and I helped that number a bit, but in total celebration. Plus a few Iowa fans even bought us a round

Reactions: hlstone and danoftw
Was about to say Nelson will go whichever weight he feels gives him the best shot at a Natty and he’ll probably have full support in doing that, but then I remembered he’s choosing between wrestling Levi and O’Toole or Carter and Keck 😅 so he should do what’s best for team.
Nelson's best chance at a Natty is heading to the package store because he isn't winning one in wrestling at 174 or 184 (or at any of the other weights).

You have no idea how funny you are give it time you will find out, Jan! LMFAO

#ultimatetrolljob

Sorry for the hashtag but it's worth it!

You're coming off as ignorant.
Okay. I know what they wrote im over there frequently. They wrote things that were intentionally incendiary, and they did it for an extended period of time, sometimes using multiple user names, because they couldn’t learn their lesson the first time. Now they are upset that their favorite pastime of upsetting the apple cart over on HR has come to an end. They should own it rather than complain about it. They got what they wanted and now are facing the consequences. It’s not rocket science.

I don’t believe I’ve said anything out of line. So if it appears as though I’m coming off ignorant well I guess that’s your opinion. All actions have consequences. No matter how small and inconsequential those consequences are. And let’s face it, being banned from an internet wrestling message board is about as inconsequential as it comes.

Good luck to the nits this season. Stay injury free.

Okay. I know what they wrote im over there frequently. They wrote things that were intentionally incendiary, and they did it for an extended period of time, sometimes using multiple user names, because they couldn’t learn their lesson the first time. Now they are upset that their favorite pastime of upsetting the apple cart over on HR has come to an end. They should own it rather than complain about it. They got what they wanted and now are facing the consequences. It’s not rocket science.

I don’t believe I’ve said anything out of line. So if it appears as though I’m coming off ignorant well I guess that’s your opinion. All actions have consequences. No matter how small and inconsequential those consequences are. And let’s face it, being banned from an internet wrestling message board is about as inconsequential as it comes.

200w.gif

Definition of Ignorant: lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.

You are lacking knowledge and information about this subject. For some reason you felt the need to come here and run your mouth towards our fans, and subsequently act like you know everything that took place. Not only ballsy, but it's also ignorant.

You wanna talk wrestling? Cool. You wanna stir up drama and sh*t here like Turk used to? Not cool.

Just so I understand correctly.
You are lecturing several posters for continuing to make fun of a wrestling site that is representative of the Hawkeye wrestling program and has represented themselves and Hawkeye wrestling by collectively accusing Penn State of cheating, roiding, the necessary Sandusky reference, lack of coaching skills and on and on and on.

Please dude. Choose someplace else to practice being an adult for the first time.

Just so I understand correctly.
You are lecturing several posters for continuing to make fun of a wrestling site that is representative of the Hawkeye wrestling program and has represented themselves and Hawkeye wrestling by collectively accusing Penn State of cheating, roiding, the necessary Sandusky reference, lack of coaching skills and on and on and on.

Please dude. Choose someplace else to practice being an adult for the first time.
No im not lecturing. I’m saying the people that got banned deserved to be banned. That’s my opinion after 2,500 messages and multiple years on that “other” board. It’s a better place over there without them.

I’ve defended many of the accusations that you mentioned above, though I’m not sure thats relevant to my posts on this subject.

I’m done discussing this here or anywhere for that matter. I just thought it was funny that some of the people that got banned were complaining. One of them asked several times (to multiple people)to get unbanned just to get banned again. One who is a self proclaimed troll finally got policed for his antics and then complained about it. Found it ironic.

P.s. you’ll notice how I haven’t taken any personal shots at anyone while commenting on this subject. Yet most of the responses to me have insulted me in some manner I think maybe you should read your last sentence and practice what you preach.

No im not lecturing. I’m saying the people that got banned deserved to be banned. That’s my opinion after 2,500 messages and multiple years on that “other” board. It’s a better place over there without them.

I’ve defended many of the accusations that you mentioned above, though I’m not sure thats relevant to my posts on this subject.

I’m done discussing this here or anywhere for that matter. I just thought it was funny that some of the people that got banned were complaining. One of them asked several times (to multiple people)to get unbanned just to get banned again. One who is a self proclaimed troll finally got policed for his antics and then complained about it. Found it ironic.

P.s. you’ll notice how I haven’t taken any personal shots at anyone while commenting on this subject. Yet most of the responses to me have insulted me in some manner I think maybe you should read your last sentence and practice what you preach.
Please show me the post that got me banned. You guys have ridiculously thin skin over there.

Last edited:

So what you just wrote would get you banned on that sissy board just saying ffs

Please show me the post that got me banned. You guys have ridiculously thin skin over there.
Still waiting….

Spencer looked great, got a silver and was a hair away from Gold.

Iowa has a great college women's team

You have 2 things to be thankful for, congrats!

Unfortanetly for Iowa fans, tOSU fans and others, these forums and 99% of the posters #1 reason for posting is because of the men's college teams. I think that's why some fan bases are a little salty.
well iowa women team is better than the mens to bad they dont wrestle anyone good!when PSU gets a women's team it won't take long to surpass the iowa team!Just have to keep all the girls in state!

Dont sleep on iowa, they bought enough talent to be in striking distance if PSU has a bad tournament and they go lights out.
Did you read what you just wrote? Iowa will be able to see us up ahead IF (a very big one) PSU stinks out the joint and Iowa overperforms mightily??

1. PSU has never underperformed under Cael
2. Iowa has never overperformed under Cael.

The two are interrelated of course.

Iowa purchased enough talent to somewhat comfortably take second, although if OSU overperforms under DT, Iowa may be in trouble. Let's also remember that final year transfers rarely overperform. More underperform.

Reactions: Ski and doubleboots
Dont sleep on iowa, they bought enough talent to be in striking distance if PSU has a bad tournament and they go lights out.
Returning NCAA points, including the 3 newest Rent-a-Hawks:

#TeamPts
1​
Penn State
130.0​
2​
Ohio State
62.0​
3​
Iowa
60.0​
4​
Nebraska
53.0​
5​
Oklahoma State
48.5​

This does not include Lilledahl or Kueter, but does include Jaws' best year.

PSU is in good shape even if Kueter somehow scores 50 points at nationals.

Returning NCAA points, including the 3 newest Rent-a-Hawks:

#TeamPts
1​
Penn State
130.0​
2​
Ohio State
62.0​
3​
Iowa
60.0​
4​
Nebraska
53.0​
5​
Oklahoma State
48.5​

This does not include Lilledahl or Kueter, but does include Jaws' best year.

PSU is in good shape even if Kueter somehow scores 50 points at nationals.
Does tOSU's numbers include Sasso? What is the latest on him? Anyone know?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT