ADVERTISEMENT

Irvin Charles blocks punt for Jets

I’ll never forget that catch vs Minnysoda. Was in the Lower North end zone, just about ready to leave. It was drizzly out, wife begging to leave early, and the offense was offensive. If I recall correctly, McSorely had been sacked or had losses on 1st n 2nd down. 3rd down didn’t look much better until that pass and catch. Stadium went wild.

JF did make glowing comments about IC saying he had the most potential of any WR he ever coached. He did have stone hands for a while, but maybe he cleaned that up since he is in the NFL.

JF did make glowing comments about IC saying he had the most potential of any WR he ever coached. He did have stone hands for a while, but maybe he cleaned that up since he is in the NFL.
I don't think so, as a Jets fan I can tell you 2 things about Irv Charles. 1. He is designated as a Receiver but they never play him on offense at all, even when injuries strike. 2. They have cut a lot of talented players each off-season that the staff hated to see go, but always reserve a "53" for Irv. Dude has absolutely made a home for himself with the Jets the last 3-4 years and they can't quit him. He is a ferocious ST player.

I don't think so, as a Jets fan I can tell you 2 things about Irv Charles. 1. He is designated as a Receiver but they never play him on offense at all, even when injuries strike. 2. They have cut a lot of talented players each off-season that the staff hated to see go, but always reserve a "53" for Irv. Dude has absolutely made a home for himself with the Jets the last 3-4 years and they can't quit him. He is a ferocious ST player.

And there is a spot on most teams rosters for guys like this. Patriots used to have Matt Slater for what seemed like a decade.

Reactions: ram2020
The three highest rated WR's we ever had; Charles, Jonson, and Shorter all transferred and all are in the NFL. Something is wrong with our coaching.

The three highest rated WR's we ever had; Charles, Jonson, and Shorter all transferred and all are in the NFL. Something is wrong with our coaching.
I don't know if they had bad attitudes or poor work ethics but something doesn't seem right. Shorter didn't star at Florida but he was decent (500-600 yds per season).

How many of them are playing WR in the league?

We've done discussed one, a special teams guy.

Johnson is a TE.

Where is Shorter? Huh, a TE for the Raiders. Interesting.

Still want to blame our coaching for them? Particularly considering they also got coached elsewhere and NONE of them are NFL producing WRs...

Johnson is a TE.

Still want to blame our coaching for them? Particularly considering they also got coached elsewhere and NONE of them are NFL producing WRs...
Johnson is a TE now, but a WR all 4 years in college.
what's the problem, they all left PSU and are in the NFL!

Johnson is a TE.

Just let me know when we can recruit WR's like OSU and beat them more than once very 10-15 years. You ok with that??? We just recruited a couple of unranked WR's for the 2026 class, while OSU goes out and get WR's ranked #1-5 in the country. Don't count on beating them for another 10 years!

Just let me know when we can recruit WR's like OSU and beat them more than once very 10-15 years. You ok with that??? We just recruited a couple of unranked WR's for the 2026 class, while OSU goes out and get WR's ranked #1-5 in the country. Don't count on beating them for another 10 years!

Your second point is moronic. The initial ranking and the final ranking are not the same. Players all start out UNRANKED. The insiders think Jahsiear Rodgers(2026) might end up being a 5*.

Why do you think most of OSU's 2027 offers are UNRANKED and ALL their 2028 offers are unranked?

Godwin was rated higher than Charles.

Is it a problem when OSU or Alabama players transfer and end up in the NFL?

PS. The 3 PSU transfers combined had ZERO total TDs vs OSU. Isnt your goal to beat OSU?

Last edited:
Johnson is a TE now, but a WR all 4 years in college.
what's the problem, they all left PSU and are in the NFL!
And none of them particularly had great college careers. I can understand griping about Levis. These players, no.

At least your response this time is acceptable. Perhaps you can donate a couple $100k and buy the WR you think we need? Because the ones OSU tends to get, they probably aren't cheap.

And newsflash: Hartline has been the best WR recruiter for nearly a decade. They can pay less than others and still get who they want because of Hartline's track record.

And none of them particularly had great college careers. I can understand griping about Levis. These players, no.

At least your response this time is acceptable. Perhaps you can donate a couple $100k and buy the WR you think we need? Because the ones OSU tends to get, they probably aren't cheap.

And newsflash: Hartline has been the best WR recruiter for nearly a decade. They can pay less than others and still get who they want because of Hartline's track record.
Well, its about time PSU woke up and got into the NIL game, since we will never beat the Buckeyes without participating. The Buckeyes have the reputation for putting tons of WR's in the NFL which is what these kids really are looking for. Take a look at what we offered in 2026 at the WR position, impressed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT