Deion Sanders 5-8
Scott Satterfield 5-8
Mark Stoops 5-8

add to that:
Mike Norvell 7-6
Gus Malzahn 6-7
Luke Fickell 6-7
PJ Fleck 6-7
Since the 2022 season, PSU is 27-5. If this season ends like we all hope that it will, this three-year stretch will be comparable just in terms of winning percentage with a lot of Joe's great three-year stretches. The only negative is the 0-4 record against UM and OSU.

By saying this, I don't mean to infer that PSU has been just as good a program as OSU has been since 2022, because we have been a step or two behind, but OSU now has lost 5 games since 2022 and they're considered to be one of the two or three best programs now. Even Alabama has lost 5 games since 2022.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Brett McMurphy pointed out in a tweet that in the last 13 games:

Records in last 13 games
Mack Brown 5-8
Sonny Dykes 5-8
Hugh Freeze 5-8
Lance Leipold 5-8
Billy Napier 5-8
Lincoln Riley 5-8
Deion Sanders 5-8
Scott Satterfield 5-8
Mark Stoops 5-8

add to that:
Mike Norvell 7-6
Gus Malzahn 6-7
Luke Fickell 6-7
PJ Fleck 6-7
Aren't most of those coaches fighting for their jobs?
Not sure what things like this are meant to prove. He's doing better than Leipold is at Kansas? Or Stoops at Kentucky?
Norvell and Riley are the only two on that list with high profile jobs and neither are keeping theirs past next year if they don't fix things.
I'm happy with Franklin but he's needs.to finish strong this season and continue to build on that. The goal shouldn't be to be Georgia with Richt.

Since the 2022 season, PSU is 27-5. If this season ends like we all hope that it will, this three-year stretch will be comparable just in terms of winning percentage with a lot of Joe's great three-year stretches. The only negative is the 0-4 record against UM and OSU.

By saying this, I don't mean to infer that PSU has been just as good a program as OSU has been since 2022, because we have been a step or two behind, but OSU now has lost 5 games since 2022 and they're considered to be one of the two or three best programs now. Even Alabama has lost 5 games since 2022.
And Day is very much on the hot seat
Some Bama fans already want a new coach

I will say it again, winning football games is hard. Really hard. And James Franklin has won a lot of them. Maybe there is a better coach out there for PSU if we get rid of him but I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen. Tons of blue blood programs end up in the coaching carousel for a decade or more because they believe the answer to their problems lies in another head coach.

Nebraska is a great example. Nebraska hasn't had a coach even come close to Be Pelini who was 67-27 (.713 win percentage) while at Nebraska who coached his last game for them in 2014.

Mike Riley: 19-19
Scott Frost: 16-31
Mickey Joseph: 3-6
Matt Rhule: 10-8 (the verdict is still out on Rhule).

If Matt Rhule can turn the program around it will have taken a decade for the Cornhuskers to be competitive again and multiple head coaches. Do we want to go through a stretch like Nebraska has gone through? I don't and I am not positive if we bring in someone else that this won't be us. It is certainly a risk.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
The Franklin haters always bring up the names of Schiano and Rhule, PSU good ole boys who they are most comfortable. It’s too bad that neither has given any indication that they could compete at an elite level in an elite conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT