ADVERTISEMENT

Is Willie as Productive as Pyles?

Crap. Meant Durkee. East of Baker City. I was thinking of the cement plant in Dundee, MI. Here is the "pretty" cement plant.

Durkee itself was a pothole on the highway 35 years ago. Had to go to Baker City for any nightlife.

AF1QipMrAXkzTYKzupQpsACUKiiThS0usB21CPYZF8Bi=s1360-w1360-h1020
Thanks! That whole area, especially SE Oregon, is so different from what most people imagine when thinking about Oregon; high desert and very few residents. You probably know this since you worked there, but just about a 30 minute drive south of Durkee is the northernmost section of Oregon that is part of the Mountain Time Zone.

Thanks! That whole area, especially SE Oregon, is so different from what most people imagine when thinking about Oregon; high desert and very few residents. You probably know this since you worked there, but just about a 30 minute drive south of Durkee is the northernmost section of Oregon that is part of the Mountain Time Zone.

I did NOT know that. I thought all parts of west coast states were Pacific. Even on a Friday night I can learn something new! I was told about how beautiful the painted mountains were but never knew where they were or what time of year they were. I don't wish to live in a desert scape but appreciate it and love vacationing in desert scape.

Where in Oregon are you?

I did NOT know that. I thought all parts of west coast states were Pacific. Even on a Friday night I can learn something new! I was told about how beautiful the painted mountains were but never knew where they were or what time of year they were. I don't wish to live in a desert scape but appreciate it and love vacationing in desert scape.

Where in Oregon are you?
I grew up in North Bend/Coos Bay and have lived in the San Diego area for the last 37 years.

I grew up in North Bend/Coos Bay and have lived in the San Diego area for the last 37 years.
Did you know Steve Garner who wrestled for Princeton? He’s from there. I have some friends with connections to him because one of them married his sister.

I did not. After looking him up, he graduated from Marshfield High in 1968 and I graduated from North Bend High in 1982.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT