ADVERTISEMENT

Is Willie as Productive as Pyles?

Both are great for the sport. Willie brings an incredible expertise to the recruiting scene for high school. Pyles does a great job covering the sport as well. Both are great for the sport of wrestling and we need both of them.

I’ll add that Pyles has the better tagline, but if they wrestled, Willie would win the best of 3, 2-0.

Reactions: Armypathfinder
Both are great for the sport. Willie brings an incredible expertise to the recruiting scene for high school. Pyles does a great job covering the sport as well. Both are great for the sport of wrestling and we need both of them.

I’ll add that Pyles has the better tagline, but if they wrestled, Willie would win the best of 3, 2-0.
Hard to beat Idaho with or without a tagline. That is some kind of beautiful out there.

the furthest sw corner of the state is below Detroit (latitude).
200w.gif

Hard to beat Idaho with or without a tagline. That is some kind of beautiful out there.
You need to visit the Puget Sound area in WA around mid to late July. It's just incredible. Long days, great weather and awesome sunsets when the sun goes down behind the Olympic Mountains. Plus, you can find a lot of good seafood to eat just about anywhere. I really miss it a lot.

I’ve relaxed my views of CP once both sides buried the hatchet on air. I’m sure it was CP’s bosses and assorted Private Equity squids leading the charge to put the screws to Willie. That lawsuit was completely stupid and their in-house counsel should have been demoted for pushing it as far as he did. Clearly he’s a tech lawyer who has no clue about litigation (or was just being a vengeful dick).

Last edited:
You need to visit the Puget Sound area in WA around mid to late July. It's just incredible. Long days, great weather and awesome sunsets when the sun goes down behind the Olympic Mountains. Plus, you can find a lot of good seafood to eat just about anywhere. I really miss it a lot.
I spent lots of time there. Even saw the salmon "run" where you can see them climbing the steps to the side of the dam with a meter counting each one that made it to the other side. Climbed Mt Rainier in my youth. Ate lots fo seafood. Beautiful area.

I think there are tons of beautiful spots around the world. The best part of my former life.

Messenbrink is in my neck of the woods today. Going to watch him and his father run a camp…

If we happen to hit it off, and gets me an “in” on the Director of Ops gig, I might be hopping in the portal and leaving heaven on earth (SE MN).

I spent lots of time there. Even saw the salmon "run" where you can see them climbing the steps to the side of the dam with a meter counting each one that made it to the other side. Climbed Mt Rainier in my youth. Ate lots fo seafood. Beautiful area.

I think there are tons of beautiful spots around the world. The best part of my former life.
Let me guess. You were an oiler on a trawler out of Cambodia?

Willie is a regular guy who happens to have a passion for wrestling.
He might be the third most famous person alive from Easton.
Larry Holmes, Lisa Ann, and Willie S.
Speaking of Holmes , I was at a County function a few months ago that he was invited to. Talked to him a little bit. He's slowing up. Diabetes and age.
Speaking of Willie. Is it truly a job if you love what you do.?
Good for him 👍
Lisa Ann?

Never heard of her...

Not Me Oops GIF by Skrz.cz

Let me guess. You were an oiler on a trawler out of Cambodia?
That oiler job was just out of college using my minor in Japanese. It was okay but I'm not a fan of squid. I then went on to build cement plants, including the Ash Grove Cement reconstruction in downtown Seattle in 89-91 and a year later the reconstruction of their plant in Dundee, OR near the Idaho border. Used to fly in and out of Boise, and always gave myself a night in Boise for their cuisine.

Reactions: Split shot
Lisa Ann?

Never heard of her...

Not Me Oops GIF by Skrz.cz
Just to confirm. On Easton Wikipedia page, under Notable people, Lisa Ann is listed as adult film star. Most of the notables are dead.
. I've done work for her older family, they never mention her name.
She is treated like a black sheep.
Jordan Oliver and Bobby Weaver also on list of notable people.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Just to confirm. On Easton Wikipedia page, under Notable people, Lisa Ann is listed as adult film star. Most of the notables are dead.
. I've done work for her older family, they never mention her name.
She is treated like a black sheep.
Jordan Oliver and Bobby Weaver also on list of notable people.
Jordan and Bobby knew Lisa Ann?

Damn, now you got me researching “best day hikes” in Idaho. You’re killing me here. Hiked Third Burroughs in WA a few years back to get up-close-and-personal with spectacular Winthrop Glacier. Can’t wrap my head around you climbing all that flowing ice up to Rainier’s peak. Respect (and no small amount of envy).

Damn, now you got me researching “best day hikes” in Idaho. You’re killing me here. Hiked Third Burroughs in WA a few years back to get up-close-and-personal with spectacular Winthrop Glacier. Can’t wrap my head around you climbing all that flowing ice up to Rainier’s peak. Respect (and no small amount of envy).
Back in summer of 2010, Tyler Erdman (PIAA champion from Line Mountain) and his friend Abe Evans from Dover came out to our place in WA to stay for a week. They did some nice technique classes for our local HS team that everyone appreciated. I took them up to Mt Rainier one afternoon but warned them to be very careful to stay on the marked trails where there was snow on the ground because there are a lot of covered crevasses that are pretty dangerous if you step into one. Abe didn't follow my advice and went off one of the marked trails. He stepped into a pretty deep ravine and went down about 6 - 8 feet in the snow. He managed to crawl out so no harm done, but I told him he was pretty lucky. I know people have died on Mt Rainier walking into the wrong spots.

Reactions: HikeNatParks
Don't give me too much respect. I didn't go all the way up. ~11,000 feet but my partner wanted to turn back. It took years for my knees to stop complaining to me.

Reactions: HikeNatParks
I have always really appreciated Willie's content. His rankings and insights in his broadcast are excellent. I subscribed to Rofkin because of Willie. My one complaint is that his content is sporadic at times. He will regular broadcast and then there is nothing for weeks. You never know when it is coming. It's seems it done on more of a whim at times. That is also the reason iI unsubscribed from Rofkin this year. Just wasn't worth it.

Not sure how old Willie Saylor is but if Lisa Ann Corpora graduated from Easton she would of been around the Class of 1989. Maybe @smalls103 scored some back points.😏

Last edited:
Lisa Ann is overated. Always has been.

Connie Carter knows what's up. Czech girls know things most women don't.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Messenbrink is in my neck of the woods today. Going to watch him and his father run a camp…

If we happen to hit it off, and gets me an “in” on the Director of Ops gig, I might be hopping in the portal and leaving heaven on earth (SE MN).

How was the camp?

That oiler job was just out of college using my minor in Japanese. It was okay but I'm not a fan of squid. I then went on to build cement plants, including the Ash Grove Cement reconstruction in downtown Seattle in 89-91 and a year later the reconstruction of their plant in Dundee, OR near the Idaho border. Used to fly in and out of Boise, and always gave myself a night in Boise for their cuisine.
Just curious, because I'm from Oregon and looked up Dundee, but were you thinking of another town, because Dundee is NW of Salem.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Just curious, because I'm from Oregon and looked up Dundee, but were you thinking of another town, because Dundee is NW of Salem.
Crap. Meant Durkee. East of Baker City. I was thinking of the cement plant in Dundee, MI. Here is the "pretty" cement plant.

Durkee itself was a pothole on the highway 35 years ago. Had to go to Baker City for any nightlife.

AF1QipMrAXkzTYKzupQpsACUKiiThS0usB21CPYZF8Bi=s1360-w1360-h1020

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
How was the camp?
I was very impressed with both Mitch and his father. I only made it to Day 2, just to see what they were showing. There was maybe 20 kids 5th grade on up in a smaller program. Those two made every group of kids feel important and seen and improved. I left wondering if Mitch ever didn't smile. They had a little dodgeball intermission and his father answered some questions about their academy/training setup/etc. ...And the technique was great on top of all of that.

I didn't wanna be a grown man gushing over em on a message board, but since you asked, I ended up thinking even higher of them, and Mitch was #1 pick in my Fantasy Championship team last year. I suppressed my fandom as much as I could, as I was just there to spectate lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT