ADVERTISEMENT

Isheem Young Innocent?

I find it funny that Pennlive scours this (and other) PSU sites for stories. Last night a thread is started about an unverified Instagram posting claiming the kid is innocent and within hours it’s a story on Pennlive.

in their defense (hard to believe I'm doing that), this board wasn't the only souce. If I recall the sequence, the tweet came out, and then Micah's retweet took place. Then Onward State posted a story about it. Then the Daily Collegian posted a story about it. Other PSU recruits tweeted about it, but I don't know the sequence there, and don't care to investigate it. I don't recall where they fit in the sequence, but there were 2 threads about the story on this board (which I merged into 1), plus posts about it in the 2018 Recruiting Thread, and a thread in the Lions Den about the story. I never check out other PSU sites, but it would not surprise me if there were threads about the story on them as well. So there were quite a few places that PL could have learned about the story.

in their defense (hard to believe I'm doing that), this board wasn't the only souce. If I recall the sequence, the tweet came out, and then Micah's retweet took place. Then Onward State posted a story about it. Then the Daily Collegian posted a story about it. Other PSU recruits tweeted about it, but I don't know the sequence there, and don't care to investigate it. I don't recall where they fit in the sequence, but there were 2 threads about the story on this board (which I merged into 1), plus posts about it in the 2018 Recruiting Thread, and a thread in the Lions Den about the story. I never check out other PSU sites, but it would not surprise me if there were threads about the story on them as well. So there were quite a few places that PL could have learned about the story.

True but it’s not just this story. I know some at Pennlive check this site often.

Tom, you need to give yourself a little credit now and then. :)

I find it funny that Pennlive scours this (and other) PSU sites for stories. Last night a thread is started about an unverified Instagram posting claiming the kid is innocent and within hours it’s a story on Pennlive.

INVESTIGATIVE. REPORTING. :eek:

Reactions: wensilver and psu00
True but it’s not just this story. I know some at Pennlive check this site often.

at this point does it matter to his future at PSU? JF seems like a thorough person and would not just pull an offer without pretty solid evidence to the reality of a situation. I took it that this guy was being charged criminally and it was a pretty lock case. that pretty much eliminates him from playing for any school.

at this point does it matter to his future at PSU? JF seems like a thorough person and would not just pull an offer without pretty solid evidence to the reality of a situation. I took it that this guy was being charged criminally and it was a pretty lock case. that pretty much eliminates him from playing for any school.
Not to mention all of the high school academics he missed while being incarcerated. There's a chance even if the charges are dropped, he may not graduate on time.

who knows? There is a great deal about this saga that nobody knows the answers to. So many posters seem to be in a rush to make definitive statements, despite not knowing anything beyond what has appeared in the newspaper.

just let this play out. We'll all get to read about what takes place with Isheem and the legal system. Before that is resolved, it's unlikely that any university is going to provide Isheem with a committable offer/a letter of intent to sign.

At this point, Isheem's priority has to be on the legal situation. He'll also need to be catching up on his academics, in case charges are dropped.

In terms of him playing at PSU, I don’t think it matters much.

I just find it odd that a kid tweets out a “sorry for the inconvenience” tweet and a “newspaper” actually has an article on it.

An article based on a high school kid’s tweet and instagram post. They apparently didn’t even take the time to reach out to the kid or the police department for clarification. Just unreal how low journalistic standards have fallen.

In terms of him playing at PSU, I don’t think it matters much.

I just find it odd that a kid tweets out a “sorry for the inconvenience” tweet and “newspaper” actually has an article on it.

An article based on a high school kid’s tweet and instagram post. They apparently didn’t even take the time to reach out to the kid or the police department for clarification. Just unreal how low journalistic standards have fallen.
Not sure if that is damning on the MSM, social media or both

Reactions: psu00
Just getting up to speed on this situation. I don't believe for a minute Isheem's buddy did the robbery. It's a "G" thing. Maneuvering to take the fall, for his boy will give him incredible status while doing tick in prison and after release. It happens. I will stop there.

Reactions: CoastGuard2018
I always wonder how the Rashard Casey case would have played out in today's social-media driven justice system. It's one of the traits that I admired in Paterno, in letting justice take its course and not rushing to judgement for the sake of appearance or political expediency.

who knows? There is a great deal about this saga that nobody knows the answers to. So many posters seem to be in a rush to make definitive statements, despite not knowing anything beyond what has appeared in the newspaper.

just let this play out. We'll all get to read about what takes place with Isheem and the legal system. Before that is resolved, it's unlikely that any university is going to provide Isheem with a committable offer/a letter of intent to sign.

At this point, Isheem's priority has to be on the legal situation. He'll also need to be catching up on his academics, in case charges are dropped.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT