ADVERTISEMENT

It's back!!! Cenzo vs Imar....

How about Kemdawg - with no takedowns yet against Nolf - to win the NC

Just wondering, what did you expect?

#closingthegap

Seriously though, Kemerer is an awesome wrestler but like Sorenson he has the misfortune of being up against a generational talent. I completely understand the homerism on HR regarding him but in reality land, his best chance at a NC will be his senior year.

Reactions: Gebmo
Cenzo was relatively "unloved" most of last season -- seems most couldn't see past the loss to Subjeck, and so they naturally see the title run as a fluke. Especially with the double-overs insanity that weekend -- reminds me of an old HS teammate we always hated on because he so frequently "pulled wins out of his ass" (our description) with 5-pt head-and-arm throws when down late. But eventually, he did it for long enough that it demanded respect, because even though everyone knew it was coming, they just couldn't defend it.

Here's to hoping Cenzo proves 'em all wrong again in March 2018.

I used to struggle with a kid who would "pull a cradle out of his ass" all the time. The reality was that it demanded respect. He pinned me twice with that cradle before I mopped the floor with him 14-2 in section finals. If people want to discount Cenzo's double overs they can do so at their own risk. Cenzo, however, is so much more than just double overs.

#closingthegap

Seriously though, Kemerer is an awesome wrestler but like Sorenson he has the misfortune of being up against a generational talent. I completely understand the homerism on HR regarding him but in reality land, his best chance at a NC will be his senior year.
We've been getting our share of those "generational talent"s fairly often. Same with once-a-lifetime, once-a-decade, and the like. DT, Ed, Zain, and Jason may end their combined careers with 11 total losses. Add in Bo's possible 3, and that's some awesome generational talent over 8-9 years ;).

We've been getting our share of those "generational talent"s fairly often. Same with once-a-lifetime, once-a-decade, and the like. DT, Ed, Zain, and Jason may end their combined careers with 11 total losses. Add in Bo's possible 3, and that's some awesome generational talent over 8-9 years ;).

touché

"100-year storm - definition: a storm of the type that comes along every 8 years."

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
I'm surprised this video is even still up on Facebook. I would have thought Willie would have showed up at the Facebook HQ and demanded they turn over their servers.

I think DeSanto does for Iowa what we thought Keener would do for us - but for 3 years.

Heck I still have Nolf's pin of IMAR on the DVR. I don't think I will ever delete these two pins!!!
So do I. Wife keeps after me about delwting that. She says I can only keep the semi and NCAA'S in perpetuity. Heck I even have this years Indiana dual where Nolf got the td +4 nf on the DVR!!

I think DeSanto does for Iowa what we thought Keener would do for us - but for 3 years.
Woah. I know what you are saying but I never thought Keener was going podium for us. 133 is deeper than any weight I've seen in a long long time. I really don't know what DeSanto will do, because I think any one of maybe 12 guys can win the whole thing next year at 133.

My early pick is Lizak. He won't be strung out and weak, and he can put any one of them on their back. If he simply holds his own in neutral, I don't think anybody can beat him at 133, including Gross.

scaled.php

Woah. I know what you are saying but I never thought Keener was going podium for us. 133 is deeper than any weight I've seen in a long long time. I really don't know what DeSanto will do, because I think any one of maybe 12 guys can win the whole thing next year at 133.

My early pick is Lizak. He won't be strung out and weak, and he can put any one of them on their back. If he simply holds his own in neutral, I don't think anybody can beat him at 133, including Gross.

Interesting pick. So is Lizak good enough from neutral to take down Gross? When top is your ace in the hole, it can be dicey if the opportunity will present itself without the ability to get a takedown, either off your own offense or via counter.

Never gets old. When I die, my kids will play this at the funeral......and my wife will say......Joseph pinned Imar, again.

Plus Bo.

Interesting pick. So is Lizak good enough from neutral to take down Gross? When top is your ace in the hole, it can be dicey if the opportunity will present itself without the ability to get a takedown, either off your own offense or via counter.
the entire weight class is dicey. I'm just picking Lizak. As I said, any of 12 guys could win the whole thing. I like it that Lizak will be stronger, and I think it will help his neutral game also.

What I want to happen, is for RBY to take the whole thing by storm but that's asking too much at THIS point in time. Meaning, well, mid May. LOL.

I can't see Lizak doing much with Gross, Micic or Suriano.

Reactions: nerfstate
my opinion is lizak should get better just being on full feed and feeling good in mind and body.

DeSanto should raise his game in all aspects. I can just vision him getting in an iron man situation from bottom just getting beaten on by SLee, Murin, turk, GMan, etc...he will improve bigly from bottom in my opinion just trying to survive the room goes.

Suriano, pletcher and Gross are at way high levels now, but i think they peeked

Micic to me is still growing in all facets of his game. Not sure if you could call him a dark horse NC contender, but he may just be my pick to win it this year.

133 is going to be a beast of a weight this year.

and yet.....

#IlaughwhenIreadRBYhasnoshot

I can't see Lizak doing much with Gross, Micic or Suriano.

He can take any one of them to their back. More than once.
Sure, and there's some evidence that he CAN, there's also evidence that he WON'T, hence nitlion's comment if I read it right. I'm with nitlion, odds are Lizak will lose his share of bouts at 133 against the elite. As evidence, he has 14 losses in the past two seasons (Tomasello 3x, Bresser, Lee, Mattin, Lamont, Cruz, Youtsey, Rodriguez, Gilman, Lambert 2x, and Suriano). In over half those bouts (at least, since I can't tell for the Falls) he didn't turn his guy, and that list hardly compares to the best of the best at 133 (Gross, Micic, and Suriano). Lizak is a talented wrestler, with the best top game in the business, as far as I'm concerned...and should AA at 133, but history says he'll take a lump or two (or more) along the way.

Reactions: nitlion6

I have Dayton Fix followed by he who should not be named. Lizak will be 3rd at best

Is it confirmed that Suriano is going to 133lbs?
This quote was credited to Nick on NJ.com...

"I'm getting bigger, so we'll see how I am in about August," he said. "I haven't even checked my weight since the NCAAs. but I'm definitely getting bigger. I was cutting weight last year. I outgrew the weight, so we'll see."

He can take any one of them to their back. More than once.
He could take them to their back(s). He could take them to their back(s) multiple times. He could morph into this generation's Gene Mills. I could win the powerball Saturday. I do not believe any of the aforementioned coulds are anywhere near probable.
Lizak is definitely a beast on top, but the 3 wrestlers I mentioned are beasts without a necessary descriptive limit on positioning.

Nothing wrong with being a fan of the kid, but I believe your wish for RBY to take the weight by storm is far more likely to occur than Lizak to prevail as the king of the 133 pound weight class.

Reactions: Dogwelder
He could take them to their back(s). He could take them to their back(s) multiple times. He could morph into this generation's Gene Mills. I could win the powerball Saturday. I do not believe any of the aforementioned coulds are anywhere near probable.
Lizak is definitely a beast on top, but the 3 wrestlers I mentioned are beasts without a necessary descriptive limit on positioning.

Nothing wrong with being a fan of the kid, but I believe your wish for RBY to take the weight by storm is far more likely to occur than Lizak to prevail as the king of the 133 pound weight class.

All true statements. We shall see.

I used to struggle with a kid who would "pull a cradle out of his ass" all the time. The reality was that it demanded respect. He pinned me twice with that cradle before I mopped the floor with him 14-2 in section finals. If people want to discount Cenzo's double overs they can do so at their own risk. Cenzo, however, is so much more than just double overs.

On a scale from 1-10, were you feeling like an eleven after that win?;)

"I'm getting bigger, so we'll see how I am in about August," he said. "I haven't even checked my weight since the NCAAs. but I'm definitely getting bigger. I was cutting weight last year. I outgrew the weight, so we'll see."

Ummm..OK, Nick.o_O

Yes he is getting bigger, but what he left out was " I couldn't do shit against Spencer Lee and I want no part of him when he's even better next year, at least I know I can wrestle 20 minute overtimes with Dayton and come out on top."

I think he'll find out Dayton had gotten a lot better too. He who should not be named might end up one of the best ever never to win a NC. Karma can kill.

Bo has beaten a former champ the last two years.......as has Cenzo. I would be surprised if that happened often, especially with guys on the same team. What say the experts?

Bo has beaten a former champ the last two years.......as has Cenzo. I would be surprised if that happened often, especially with guys on the same team. What say the experts?
And 3 of the 4 against 2-timers, albeit 2 against the same guy. Without looking it up, I'll say unlikely, very unlikely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT