ADVERTISEMENT

Jeopardy All Stars. Like it or not?

What annoys me is that all of them know more answers than I do.:mad:

No, they just know the questions that match up to the answers on that particular show. A different set of answers, it could be The Sounds of Silence music playing in the background.

For example, Diane Lane.....you’d go through those five answers with the correct five questions without the other contestants knowing what hit them.

It’s ALL about the CATEGORIES.

No, they just know the questions that match up to the answers on that particular show. A different set of answers, it could be The Sounds of Silence music playing in the background.

For example, Diane Lane.....you’d go through those five answers with the correct five questions without the other contestants knowing what hit them.

Very true. The problem is that I am well versed in 3 categories and the champions, on average, in 4,289. :(

I think this format sucks.:(

Agreed. Too much chatter and it's like the Super Bowl, too much meaningless background stuff and setup fluff and not enough actual action, at least the first night.

My wife and I watch at least some of Jeopardy most nights and it's as great a show as it ever was (I'm old enough to remember the version with Art Fleming that I watched as a kid). The thing about Jeopardy is that it isn't a "team" sport, it's an individual competition, and trying to make it a "team" sport just seems rather forced. I'll be glad when this "tournament" thing is over.

And for you young whippersnappers out there, here's a peek at what Jeopardy REALLY was:

jeopardy-art-fleming.jpg

Reactions: vops and fairgambit
I agree about the "too much talk", human interest format. Of course, I have the same attitude toward Olympic broadcasts but I realize that they are trying to bring in a broader audience. No doubt they'll use up 3 days to play 2 games with the other set of teams next week. My hope is that they'll then pick up the pace for the championship rounds.

Reactions: fairgambit
I agree about the "too much talk", human interest format. Of course, I have the same attitude toward Olympic broadcasts but I realize that they are trying to bring in a broader audience. No doubt they'll use up 3 days to play 2 games with the other set of teams next week. My hope is that they'll then pick up the pace for the championship rounds.

Bring back the Dunk Tank!!

Agreed. Too much chatter and it's like the Super Bowl, too much meaningless background stuff and setup fluff and not enough actual action, at least the first night.

My wife and I watch at least some of Jeopardy most nights and it's as great a show as it ever was (I'm old enough to remember the version with Art Fleming that I watched as a kid). The thing about Jeopardy is that it isn't a "team" sport, it's an individual competition, and trying to make it a "team" sport just seems rather forced. I'll be glad when this "tournament" thing is over.

And for you young whippersnappers out there, here's a peek at what Jeopardy REALLY was:

jeopardy-art-fleming.jpg
Great photo!

Last edited:

How true.

giphy.gif

jeopardy-art-fleming.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

We're familiar with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT