ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread Nebraska dual - Sun, Feb 18

so hank have you never had a quick but very painful anything in any part of your body?Happens to me all the time!twisted knee or arm etc etc for me its old age pains!
I hear ya there brother. The older I get the more often my nagging injuries arise and the longer they stay. Hitting 76 sucks!!

The action of a coach on the seat typically reflects how they wrestled and carried themselves when they competed. Watch Sanderson in his matches. He was stoic and confident. No difference as a coach.
It appears Manning recruits good character kids. It shows on and off mat. . I believe I read about Ryan and the good graduation rate that Ohio State has a few years ago. That's what matters.
I think the action of the coach during match does not reflect on the overall status of the program.
My list was solely one of a fan’s perspective of corner personas. I’d happily send my kid to any of those programs. Maybe not Terry.

I've always liked the way Nebraska wrestler's carried themselves. Even when they lose they shake hands and look their opponent in the eye, among other things that show class and respect. Coach there has created a good culture and they have a really solid team this year.
Always felt the boys in Columbus are in that category as well.

Yeah I just thought it was a thing that like an athlete and coach would say to laugh off a situation and keep the athlete centered. Not take anything too seriously, not a big deal, laugh and move on.

Even with the loss, Hardy probably came out feeling pretty good. “If that’s number 1 I can win the thing”.
141 is pretty wide open (not like 125 of course...), especially with Woods struggling a bit. Beau is a deserving #1, but not a dominant one like Starocci or Brooks. Guys like Hardy or Mendez or Echemendia/Jack outside the B1G definitely have a chance to sneak in and steal it. This is one of the weights I am most looking forward to at nationals.

Reactions: Ski
I might have thought Beau had earned the benefit of the doubt. I don’t expect GIA posters to think so, but the “national” media and twitterverse really disappointed me on this one. Here’s a guy always in close matches and frequently in SV. To think he’d fake an injury with 30 secs to go is unfathomable. No - he’d keep scrambling if there wasn’t something wrong at that moment. And if he got taken down (which was definitely not a given) he’d escape and gladly wrestle in SV.
Maybe I’m not that plugged in online, but i don’t think I’ve seen much if any heat directed towards Beau himself. Aren’t most people complaining about the stoppage by the official? Beau didn’t call for injury time. The official did and made him take it after. What’s the difference between that and the Davis-Kilkeary situation?

Complaining about a bad call isn’t a personal attack on the wrestler.

Maybe I’m not that plugged in online, but i don’t think I’ve seen much if any heat directed towards Beau himself. Aren’t most people complaining about the stoppage by the official? Beau didn’t call for injury time. The official did and made him take it after. What’s the difference between that and the Davis-Kilkeary situation?

Some guy on the Iowa board said faked the injury to get the PD, but after my 27 upcoming posts with colored glossy youtube clips with circles and arrows and annotation on the timestamp of each one, he'll see the light of day

There's always wing-nuts, and some definitely were claiming Beau faked it all to escape the loss. The takes I have the hardest time with are the ones contributing the ongoing narrative that the refs are in kahoots with Cael. Which isn't to say there's not a home-mat advantage in some refereeing--but that's universal, IMO--at least w/ big crowds. Burroughs' takes in particular were weaksauce, and unfortunately the dude has massive reach.....

Last edited:
Exactly. It is the ultimate compliment to Brooks. He respects Brooks enough to change his style to try to give himself his best chance to get the win. Hidlay is NOT a defensive wrestler against anyone not named Aaron Brooks.

That may be true, but his "strategy adjustments" are an affront to the fundamental rules of the sport and should not be tolerated. By not calling this clear form of Stalling (wrestling on the edge, or even from fully OB, with your back towards OB) the Official is giving one wrestler a massive advantage - IOW, rewarding their Stalling strategy which is absurd as the wrestler who is supposed to be "rewarded" in this situation is the more Offensive/Aggressive wrestler (so the Official is doing the diametric opposite of what the rules call for when he does not call Stalling and rewards the stalling wrestler.).

I'm definitely not plugged in online, but Husker Hank said "Bartlett was feigning knee injury" on this very thread (see post 358).

Reactions: Split shot
I might have thought Beau had earned the benefit of the doubt. I don’t expect GIA posters to think so, but the “national” media and twitterverse really disappointed me on this one. Here’s a guy always in close matches and frequently in SV. To think he’d fake an injury with 30 secs to go is unfathomable. No - he’d keep scrambling if there wasn’t something wrong at that moment. And if he got taken down (which was definitely not a given) he’d escape and gladly wrestle in SV.
I don’t live there, but I hear mainstream social media (twitter and such) can quickly morph into a virtual stoning. Even these message boards give a taste of it. Not surprised at all that Beau would be attacked for perhaps benefiting from a ref’s call. Stonethrowers care little about why they even picked up the rock. They just love defenseless targets.
In many ways, humans amaze. Mob mentality isn’t one of them. Sadly, this is just that.

I'm definitely not plugged in online, but Husker Hank said "Bartlett was feigning knee injury" on this very thread (see post 358).
I also noticed our old friend jmadden1998 was in agreement with Hank. Gave him a big thumbs up. Typical of GIA ilk !!

tumblr_lw757gCu5b1r317bvo1_500.gif

That's the problem with you plastic.....err Iowa Fans............. ;)

Reactions: Split shot
Well, Husker Hank is an idiot.

All of the major figures I've seen talking about it on twitter (Burroughs for example), directed their frustration towards the official, not Bartlett.

Reactions: jmadden1998
@js8793 and Jmadden1998: I must say that when you two (and there are others) visit our forum, you're always respectful. I for one dont mind a little bit of ball busting from opposing fans but I have zero tolerance for the obnoxious ones that visit......and that goes for both fan bases on both forums.

You two guys are welcomed at my campfire any day of the week.

that is all.
carry on.

think that is why wrestling is such a good sport, builds character and accountability. Two things we're seemingly missing in a lot of people/kids these days
And that’s why AJ Ferrari stands out so much - if he played football, for example, being such a shitstain wouldn’t be as discordant with his sporting peers

@js8793 and Jmadden1998: I must say that when you two (and there are others) visit our forum, you're always respectful. I for one dont mind a little bit of ball busting from opposing fans but I have zero tolerance for the obnoxious ones that visit......and that goes for both fan bases on both forums.

You two guys are welcomed at my campfire any day of the week.

that is all.
carry on.
I'd add Nashville Hawkeye and jrod65 to your list.

If you believe noticing who is in agreement and supports a post that declares one of our wrestlers faked an injury to obtain an unfair advantage is being obsessed with you, then you are very likely a guy/gal that spends an inordinate amount of time preening in front of a mirror. I admit I don't have a large sample size, but you are obviously a GIA bottom Feeder. A somewhat polished Bottom Feeder,but a Bottom Feeder all the same. Cut from the same bolt of cloth as many others who beat the cheating drum on GIA.

If you believe noticing who is in agreement and supports a post that declares one of our wrestlers faked an injury to obtain an unfair advantage is being obsessed with you, then you are very likely a guy/gal that spends an inordinate amount of time preening in front of a mirror. I admit I don't have a large sample size, but you are obviously a GIA bottom Feeder. A somewhat polished Bottom Feeder,but a Bottom Feeder all the same. Cut from the same bolt of cloth as many others who beat the cheating drum on GIA.

• Haha
Reactions: mvattivo
I have known Brock since he was in middle school and showing up at high school wrestling camps. He has always been a great kid. One summer between his 7th and 8th grade year he showed up to camp a day late as he was coming back from a big national tournament that he had won. My son was a year older but about the same weight and they were rolling around. Brock hit his little slide by and then slowed it down and showed my son how he did it. A little later my son it a double from a russian tie that he then showed Brock. I was impressed how 2 boys from different schools in different states would take time to help each other. I will never root against the kid. He is funky and not afraid to mix it up with some of the best. He and Sasso had some great Fargo matches over the years. Brock went to the same HS as Lucas Cochren. Easy to see the quality kids that they are in how they were brought up. Brock has several older brothers he couldn't help but remain humble. His high school coach and my boys HS coach were cousins so they did a camp together in the summers.

I have known Brock since he was in middle school and showing up at high school wrestling camps. He has always been a great kid. One summer between his 7th and 8th grade year he showed up to camp a day late as he was coming back from a big national tournament that he had won. My son was a year older but about the same weight and they were rolling around. Brock hit his little slide by and then slowed it down and showed my son how he did it. A little later my son it a double from a russian tie that he then showed Brock. I was impressed how 2 boys from different schools in different states would take time to help each other. I will never root against the kid. He is funky and not afraid to mix it up with some of the best. He and Sasso had some great Fargo matches over the years. Brock went to the same HS as Lucas Cochren. Easy to see the quality kids that they are in how they were brought up. Brock has several older brothers he couldn't help but remain humble. His high school coach and my boys HS coach were cousins so they did a camp together in the summers.
Brock actually served his mission in the same place that my grandson served. Different years, but they probably walked the same roads. He is a fine young man.

And that’s why AJ Ferrari stands out so much - if he played football, for example, being such a shitstain wouldn’t be as discordant with his sporting peers
A thumbs up from me for the use of discordant in your post : ) As for me, I think the combination of AJ's poor behavior with his constant quoting of Scripture is incongruous.

Viet Nam and agent orange are big killers!
I've managed to dodge it so far. I served in '68. Pittefool served in the early 70's I believe. We met up years ago when each of our sons had a wrestling meet way back in their elementary school days. Wouldnt you know it, we've even ran into each other when our grandsons wrestled too.

If ya need a shoulder or an ear......let me know bud.

I've managed to dodge it so far. I served in '68. Pittefool served in the early 70's I believe. We met up years ago when each of our sons had a wrestling meet way back in their elementary school days. Wouldnt you know it, we've even ran into each other when our grandsons wrestled too.

If ya need a shoulder or an ear......let me know bud.
Just like PR said. If you ever want to chew the fat; let me/us know.

Me and a few other vets meet once a month at a local Arby's. I don't know if you have anything like that where you're residing or not. Look into it, it's wonderful therapy.

Are you living in PA??

And yes, I graduated HS in '69 and got in country in May of '70.

73 here with terminal cancer don't know how long I got but given it my all!
We are with you my brother. This isn't pure quakerie, but given where you stand, why not give it a shot. I would like to see your posts here for another decade. This doctor has a number of videos on the subject the other heath benefits are obvious as well. Try this starting next week and give us a holler during the Olympics with the results.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT