ADVERTISEMENT

Jesse James started tonight.

Heath out

James has 3 catches already. Steelers are pass happy too.

Impossible, all the board "experts" told us he wasn't going to get drafted, then they told us he had zero shot of making the Steelers roster and would be cut for sure....and finally, they told us he would never see the field, the Steelers would trade for a TE and would be replaced on roster....etc., etc., etc....

Reactions: PSU_Nut and wslee1
Just watched him whiff badly on a block. Good thing Williams is unconscious right now.

Impossible, all the board "experts" told us he wasn't going to get drafted, then they told us he had zero shot of making the Steelers roster and would be cut for sure....and finally, they told us he would never see the field, the Steelers would trade for a TE and would be replaced on roster....etc., etc., etc....

I'm curious as to why you had to change your name on this board. If you started posting in OCT 2015 as indicated - there certainly was no banter as to Jesse James.

Just watched him whiff badly on a block. Good thing Williams is unconscious right now.
As a Steelers fan, I have to agree that he needs to work on his blocking technique...staff in Pittsburgh appear to really like his upside and work ethic...say he's like a sponge working alongside Heath Miller. One other thing he needs to work on is learning how to draw a PI call against him...saw one play where he could have picked up a quick 10/1st down had he "embellished" a little bit of contact. Other than that, his future looks bright.

Reactions: Marshall30
I thought he underproduced at the college level. He seemed to drop way too many easy passes.
Given his potential and past, anything was possible, but with the increased level of competition on both the team and opposing teams, it would be harder than in college.
Sometimes with the 'value' of being picked in the lower rounds comes some patience for development.
I hope he continues on the path he is on. It was not out of the realm of possibilities, but was by no means a certainty.

I think he's going to be pretty good, and he's played pretty well for a rookie. One of his catches wasn't that easy. You can't teach big, and he moves pretty well.

Reactions: royboy
I thought he underproduced at the college level. He seemed to drop way too many easy passes.
Given his potential and past, anything was possible, but with the increased level of competition on both the team and opposing teams, it would be harder than in college.
Sometimes with the 'value' of being picked in the lower rounds comes some patience for development.
I hope he continues on the path he is on. It was not out of the realm of possibilities, but was by no means a certainty.

He didn't drop very many passes....he did drop some thrown behind him or off, but well thrown balls were caught. Remember, the kid came out after three years; a true JR...he's 21 years old (born in 1994). Give him a couple of years and he's going to be a great one. He'll retain his speed and gain another 15 lbs. At age 26, 6'7" 275 lbs., he's going to be a weapon.

Reactions: wslee1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT