ADVERTISEMENT

Joey McKenna to PSU??

Well, I guess the info I got on Keener was correct. No pencil needed. Put it in pen.
Should be talking about Joey McKenna for 141 next week which would be even a bigger get.....Fingers crossed but i am pretty confident from what i have heard....Keener 133 and McKenna 141....

Hoping McKenna heads back closer to home. Any further word on timing?

http://tusb.stanford.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/stanford_tree.bmp

stanford_tree.bmp

Not sure why the pic won't show up, but the Googly-eyed Stanford Tree is always good for a laugh

Reactions: LHavenlion
System won't read ancient bitmap extension. Here, I jpg'd:
WG5Afs7.jpg
Sweet - and this 49 year old gains some more computer knowledge to keep up with the kids. Avoid .bmp

Amazingly I work with a bunch of guys in their mid-30s who know nothing of GIFs and Memes - it's like talking Greek to them trying to explain their usefulness.

I was at a wrestling event today and heard a rumor that McKenna is headed to a dark horse (at least to me) and none of the thus-far-rumored destinations. Stay tuned, I guess.

I should just say it. Not PSU, not Lehigh, not Penn, not Pitt or any of the PSAC schools but in PA - Drexel. I can't vouch for it, but that is the rumor circulating. Took me by surprise but it amps up Drexel's cred.

I should just say it. Not PSU, not Lehigh, not Penn, not Pitt or any of the PSAC schools but in PA - Drexel. I can't vouch for it, but that is the rumor circulating. Took me by surprise but it amps up Drexel's cred.
That would be more shocking than Creedo sh**ting a cruise liner. McKenna giving up a Stanford degree to to try to pursue a NC at Drexel?

I couldn't come up with a reason for someone making a decision like that this side of a PD3 Vegas trip.

That would be more shocking than Creedo sh**ting a cruise liner. McKenna giving up a Stanford degree to to try to pursue a NC at Drexel?

I couldn't come up with a reason for someone making a decision like that this side of a PD3 Vegas trip.

Like I said, it surprised me and I agree with you. But the sources are what I consider reliable. We'll see.

OMG that is funny....

I was at a wrestling event today and heard a rumor that McKenna is headed to a dark horse (at least to me) and none of the thus-far-rumored destinations. Stay tuned, I guess.
Joey is looking for a dynamite training environment. Great partners, etc. Drexel is on the rise, but I would be stunned to see Joey choose them over PSU, tOSU, Iowa, and Lehigh.

Nothing wrong with passing along stuff you hear while gabbing with other members of the wrestling community.

I am with Tom on this though. To give up a Stanford degree would be a difficult decision. To give that degree up to down grade the degree and move laterally as far as wrestling - that would be a big head scratcher.

The other reason it doesn't make sense is because Drexel shares its RTC with Penn. Why not transfer to Penn for access to the same training partners?

And it's not like this is a move close to home thing either. McKenna is from north Jersey, so Lehigh is at least 90 min closer to his family.

But, hey, things don't have to make sense to me.

The other reason it doesn't make sense is because Drexel shares its RTC with Penn. Why not transfer to Penn for access to the same training partners?

And it's not like this is a move close to home thing either. McKenna is from north Jersey, so Lehigh is at least 90 min closer to his family.

Maybe Seton Hall is bringing its wrestling program back from a 16-year hiatus, and McKenna will be its first recruit? (as I like to say about my chances with women...my dreams aren't that good)

Anything is possible but this does not seem remotely credible.

drexelspyker was at the same event. that guy has been known to spread around some crazy s**t from time to time.

21dragons says the dynasty. just. got. stronger.

BreatheDragons1 said everyone should stop spreading rumors, that we should trust the coaches' process.

As KeylimePie scoured the internet for shirtless pics of V-Rex...

. . . and IamAlone reminded all you clowns that you are Obviously Far From The [Drexel] Program.

It doesn't make sense to me, either.

The distance thing isn't really accurate, though. It's a less than 60 minutes difference. Lehigh is a bit over an hour and Drexel/Penn is between 1.5 and 2 hours depending on your route.

And lighten up a little. As I said, I'm not vouching for the rumor or saying that's where McKenna is going. I'm just reporting a rumor that was circulating as I was told by two people in the Pennsylvania college wrestling community that I consider reliable people. They weren't even saying that's where McKenna is going - they were just saying that was the scuttlebutt this week. Take it for what it is.

I would guess there is not a lot of loose SS money laying around at this point. To get into his school of choice he might have to take a financial hit for at least this year.

I would guess there is not a lot of loose SS money laying around at this point. To get into his school of choice he might have to take a financial hit for at least this year.
We should here something from McKenna this week i would think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT