ADVERTISEMENT

Just because

Love the fat guy in green who goes from fist pumping to resignation in 6 seconds
Much like the Cenzo-Martinez pin, I catch something new with every viewing. This time: there is a very brief but unmistakable crowd deafening when Bo has Martin mid-flip -- as if the entire arena gasped for a half-second before the PSU roar. (Easier to hear the difference with headphones.)

And while this isn't exactly a new catch, also never gets old seeing Jaggers finally collecting himself when Martin has all but left the stage.

The lead up to the Nolfless dual,tweets,robes, the dark spaces speech,the dual with Kuhn,Cassar,Nevills,everyone.Nationals, three days of Ryan interviews and the little pop ups of his guys talking about their great program. The Nolf vs Micah semi. Five in the finals, again. The April Champs almost 50 points behind,in 3rd with only half of their 10 AAs. Ryan sitting there thinking about his epic victory speech. Then this. Awesome.

The lead up to the Nolfless dual,tweets,robes, the dark spaces speech,the dual with Kuhn,Cassar,Nevills,everyone.Nationals, three days of Ryan interviews and the little pop ups of his guys talking about their great program. The Nolf vs Micah semi. Five in the finals, again. The April Champs almost 50 points behind,in 3rd with only half of their 10 AAs. Ryan sitting there thinking about his epic victory speech. Then this. Awesome.
What’s the dark spaces speech?

Reactions: jtothemfp
This

Joey with his “we’re a scary team” smirk. He tried to pull a Durant and it failed

Colin Moore in his white jumper ended up in a dark place soon enough.

Did you see the assistant walk over to Colin and they both smiled? I think he whispered "Dark places? Can you get a load of this crap?"

I guess it was supposed to inspire but I think it just raised the tension in the whole room.

Contrast that to Cael's pre match speech if there was one "go out there and have fun"!!!!

Not all bad came from that dual. I heard they auctioned off NaTo’s Robe for charity. At Osh Kosh B’Gosh.

Ryan's pre-dual spiel to his robed up team that i think mostly confused them,and they were used to his speeches. Maybe it made sense, I was hyped for the dual.

I'm picturing some of the wrestlers walking out talking to each other saying 'hey what in the world did he mean by that?'

Reactions: danoftw
Interestingly, I actually feel a little sorry for Myles. Sure, I was rooting for Bo as much as anyone, and I think that his pin and "That's what we do!" speech are one of the best NCAA finals moments ever. But I can just imagine how dejected Myles must have felt knowing that he just lost his team's last chance to win the national title that year. You can see it in the way he looks when leaving the mat.

I can see where he could motivate people. He jumped around a bit, but he has been with these guys and he is talking about facing adversity etc. I like that it was not about wins or losses for him but about the guys learning and growing. Good speech IMHO

... Almost looks like he was giving a speech for the camera I stead of his wrestlers
What was funniest to me was that the other coach’s speech right before Tan Tom’s was a short speech about just treat it like any other match, and then Tom came in with his crazy speech to show that this is a very special match coming up. Talk about distracting your guys in an already high-stress situation!

(BTW, I had to stop the video before I heard Tom’s whole speech. It was too much for me.)

What was funniest to me was that the other coach’s speech right before Tan Tom’s was a short speech about just treat it like any other match, and then Tom came in with his crazy speech to show that this is a very special match coming up. Talk about distracting your guys in an already high-stress situation!

(BTW, I had to stop the video before I heard Tom’s whole speech. It was too much for me.)
Right. It was hard to watch I couldn't go on with it. You can see the looks on the faces of the wrestlers like wtf is this guy banking about lol

Interestingly, I actually feel a little sorry for Myles. Sure, I was rooting for Bo as much as anyone, and I think that his pin and "That's what we do!" speech are one of the best NCAA finals moments ever. But I can just imagine how dejected Myles must have felt knowing that he just lost his team's last chance to win the national title that year. You can see it in the way he looks when leaving the mat.

I felt much the same way for him. He always seemed like a very likable guy, and I'm sure the pressure was intense.

I ended up with a huge black eye....we were sitting in endzone lower level and in the celebration one of my partners in crime either elbowed, shouldered or head butted me above my right eye. Giant swelled knot and typical giant shiner post tourney. I pretty much told people that it was how you were supposed to return from national tourney.

Looked like the assistant was trying real hard to not say “fun”. Like his team that night, he failed.

Used to read that on the shitter. You have to read a sentence like five times to understand it. But yeah he would get some doozies out of thatlol
Hah! Our professor told us it was much easier to read in the vernacular. Oh great, read it in German where the verb goes at the very end of a 2 page long sentence.

But seriously, Tom Ryan reading Hegel would be akin to asking a dog to do a multi-part task - he’d probably look dumbfounded and cock his head to the side

If he had simply left "dark places" out of that speech it would not have been too bad.

Entering that dual for both teams had to be a shining moment. The entire college wrestling world had eyes on you, the gymnasium was literally lit with bright light energy. That is the type of moment young kid athletes dream of, the putt to win the masters, standing in the batter's box, 3 - 2 count tie game the bottom of the 9th in the 7th game in the World Series type of stuff.
That is just fun shyt, not a dark place to navigate through.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
One of my all-time great sports memories!

Still remember the tongue-lashing I got from Mrs. JA after going berserk and scaring my poor dog out of her mind.

I was there in a lux box, 50 yd line with a bunch of suckeyes and my older bro (a Nittany Lion too). We roared with delight as they shrugged us off. It was epically epic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT