ADVERTISEMENT

K Lee Rumor

For your information, he successfully coached HS football @ a high level. He won't defend himself, but I will take up for him. He's a good man and has access to the PSU practices and coaches.
Can you read? I never said it was out business. I simply said James could do a better job when he is at the podium while still not saying anything.

But thank god you got to drop in a fing message board that you were a coach. I feel so much more impressed with your posts now. How did the 10u Curwensville soccer Team do while you were at the helm.

Can you read? I never said it was out business. I simply said James could do a better job when he is at the podium while still not saying anything.

But thank god you got to drop in a fing message board that you were a coach. I feel so much more impressed with your posts now. How did the 10u Curwensville soccer Team do while you were at the helm.
For your information, he successfully coached HS football @ a high level. He won't defend himself, but I will take up for him. He's a good man and has access to the PSU practices and coaches.
Thanks Rick. No need to feed trolls like him. Btw, the Elks were highlighted on the z today Show this morning in their Friday night lights series. I haven’t seen the piece yet but heard it was well done. Hope they can beat Wayne tonight. #EPND. Too bad Kirk won’t be in town for the white out.

Thanks Rick. No need to feed trolls like him. Btw, the Elks were highlighted on the z today Show this morning in their Friday night lights series. I haven’t seen the piece yet but heard it was well done. Hope they can beat Wayne tonight. #EPND. Too bad Kirk won’t be in town for the white out.
You have trouble with reading comprehension so I am the troll??? Yeah, I like that math.

You know what? It’s none of our business. Let James manage his kids. Talking to the media is very low on his priorities and he has no desire to share his 105 sons, as he says, situations. He will allow them to do it if they want. Btw, every coach is a control freak, I did it for 15 plus years and certainly was. As a svp in my company, I’m one there too. Control what you can.
As they say, you should control what you can control and as an SVP, you should know that principle. Franklin could have controlled the narrative, but he let the media and the fans create a distraction by speculating that K Lee may or may not be apart of the team. For a Penn State Football Team with few, if any leaders, the team does not need any additional distractions.

As they say, you should control what you can control and as an SVP, you should know that principle. Franklin could have controlled the narrative, but he let the media and the fans create a distraction by speculating that K Lee may or may not be apart of the team. For a Penn State Football Team with few, if any leaders, the team does not need any additional distractions.
Well said, and my point in my original thread. There are times, and I know he doesn't care what we think, that he brings unwanted attention to things when a simple other answer would have stopped it in his tracks. I love JF and hope he is the coach for a log, long time. With that comes the ability to grow in all aspects of the position. I do not believe, and yes I know he doesn't care, that he has improved in this aspect.

First, I completely agree with you. I also have a vision of he MN defensive braintrust rushing back to their meeting room and redesigning their gameplan to account for the possible loss of our 3rd string RB.
Exactly. Franklin let’s Illinois run a goal line offense during homecoming week last year and gets embarrassed. but at the same time he’s playing chess by being coy about player status? Like wtf are some people smoking.

I was just looking yesterday at florida guys on roster from prior recruiting classes.

2018 0-2
2019 0-3
2020 1-2 with Lee being 1
2021 0-0
2022 3 on roster.

Miner had career ended. Things like this affect overall level of a recruiting class. Most of the guys that left haven’t done anything elsewhere either.
If they haven't done anything elsewhere.... What does that say about our ability to evaluate recruits?

Yes, they are having an excellent football season. Hope they beat Wayne. Their bballteam should once again be very strong.

Do you really think the media is a distraction in the Lasch building when they know the facts?

Yes, they are having an excellent football season. Hope they beat Wayne. Their bballteam should once again be very strong.
How good would that bball team be if the freshman in the psu went to cville a private school in Indiana. I was a bball practice this week as I think you said you were. He’s a good looking kid.

Reactions: RickinDayton
But 5 star Ohio St WRs and QBs who sit the bench for a couple years should stay right? Even when we have seen recent examples of an Ohio St benchwarmer QB and WR transfer to the SEC and become All-Americans and very high 1st round draft picks at their new school even winning the Heisman there. Yet they couldn't get consistently on the field in Columbus.
I literally said at Ohio State, Georgia, Bama, etc should leave if they aren't playing....
What are you talking about

They may not care, but that education (about process and the ramifications) should still occur so they can make an informed decision.

And not to get too far off topic, but this is why there needs to be a "G league" for football. If you don't want to "play school", don't go to college. Period.
No, there doesn't. It doesn't make sense for anyone involved.

But...why can't they transfer and still graduate?
I understand that most hate the portal, I get it, but I don't see any reason why a kid wouldn't leave Penn State (or Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia, etc) to go somewhere and play. If they truly love the game why sit?
Almost all of the students that have left Penn State via the portal went to lesser universities which means they are NOT student athletes and therefore do not deserve to play college football. Big Ten football is not an NFL minor league despite what some people think. If you want to play minor league football, that is what the Cheater's League of Southern Junior Colleges (aka, the SEC) is for.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
Almost all of the students that have left Penn State via the portal went to lesser universities which means they are NOT student athletes and therefore do not deserve to play college football. Big Ten football is not an NFL minor league despite what some people think. If you want to play minor league football, that is what the Cheater's League of Southern Junior Colleges (aka, the SEC) is for.
It's the funniest thing I've ever read here
As we all know--you can get a quality education almost anywhere. It's what you put into it. We aren't Harvard or even Northwestern or Vanderbilt to happens to be in the SEC.

Reactions: RickinDayton
It's the funniest thing I've ever read here
As we all know--you can get a quality education almost anywhere. It's what you put into it. We aren't Harvard or even Northwestern or Vanderbilt to happens to be in the SEC.
Say what you want, we should be recruiting students first, athletes second. Anyone that says otherwise can go to hell. I get the graduate transfer. A player moving to a lesser school for playing time says they don't belong in college. Any college.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
Say what you want, we should be recruiting students first, athletes second. Anyone that says otherwise can go to hell. I get the graduate transfer. A player moving to a lesser school for playing time says they don't belong in college. Any college.
We've always recruited "the athlete' and if they were a legit student even better
To pretend everyone that goes to the SEC isn't a student or that everyone who comes here is a student first is simply inaccurate.
Even Cardale Jones graduated despite "not playing school"

Who's fault is that? Is that the coaching or did everyone just get it wrong over and over and over again
There is definitely a love fest with Florida and rightly so based on the players in the state. I think some people get carried away with the hype and inflate these players rankings.

Reactions: CJLion
They may not care, but that education (about process and the ramifications) should still occur so they can make an informed decision.

And not to get too far off topic, but this is why there needs to be a "G league" for football. If you don't want to "play school", don't go to college. Period.
There will never be a “G League” in the fashion of the NBA because the NFL now has a CFB league with NIL and the portal. G League has 12-15 prospects on the team making ~$60k? A fb G League would have about 50 players. NFL ain’t gonna foot that bill again after shuttering NFL Europe.

There will never be a “G League” in the fashion of the NBA because the NFL now has a CFB league with NIL and the portal. G League has 12-15 prospects on the team making ~$60k? A fb G League would have about 50 players. NFL ain’t gonna foot that bill again after shuttering NFL Europe.
I realize that the NFL has no incentive to do so, but there should be one to keep college football about COLLEGE.

Reactions: johnmpsu and bdgan
Oh, come on.

It was far MORE about college in 1960, 1970s.

Was it 100% about college? No. That's why coaches always argued to let even the village idiot into college.

But it was far, far better.
50-60 years ago it was "more" about college--that's my point. It's always been about football and winning. Some people are acting that this is a new concept.

And I thought I was a bitter old codger sometimes

• Haha
Reactions: PSUfiji

Seems like to me you are doing exactly what those who started the rumors did... making assumptions.

I've been on teams where a guy quits/throws a tantrum/feels sorry for himself/gets into it with a coach (enter any description here) and then the next day is back at practice. No one here (at least to this point) knows exactly what happened, so it's all conjecture. Perhaps he did quit and JF was counting on his assistants to bring him back into the fold? It's certainly possible. If that were the case, then JF should have answered exactly that way. To say he fully expected his return may not have been accurate at all in that moment. Things change and what may be true one hour may not be 2 hours later. Seems to me the rumor was more about message board chatter than media creating a distraction. But I don't know all of the details, nor do you.

Maybe they should recruit at least one 3 star RB , a PA kid that really wants to be at Penn State , who won’t come in feeling entitled, and who won’t be hauling ass when things aren’t going his way. Do they still exist?
Let’s pass up more talented players and get one that you know won’t contribute but think won’t transfer? That has to one of the dumber things I have heard.

Reactions: LandoComando
Remember--we needed to play Allar to win today smh
Minnesota without Morgan couldn't beat Colorado
Great job by Penn State dominating just how they should--second week in a row the score at halftime was misleading

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT