ADVERTISEMENT

Kirkstreet’s top 7

That would be awesome to be at 7! With 5 weeks to play that would guarantee a playoff spot if we rock all of our games.

First up though was My trap game of the year, msu!!! Good thing they lost in ot. But they learned a lot from osu as to how to defend us.
Defend PSU? Stop the passing game.

We want PSU to win out in decisive victories. OSU crushes opponents and then crushes Wisky. We need that loss to “look good”
Why wouldn't we want OSU to lose one in conference, go to the championship game and beat Wiscy? If we win out that puts us in the CFP before OSU.

Why wouldn't we want OSU to lose one in conference, go to the championship game and beat Wiscy? If we win out that puts us in the CFP before OSU.

They need to lose 2 more, actually.

We would have a better chance of OSU getting hit with sanctions than that.

Any PSU boosters interested in a sting? Maybe buy Barrett a car?

They need to lose 2 more, actually.

We would have a better chance of OSU getting hit with sanctions than that.

Any PSU boosters interested in a sting? Maybe buy Barrett a car?
Why would they need to lose two? If they lose one and go win the Big championship and we win out, that's exactly what happened last year.

Reactions: Cpeplion
Yes. They have a more seasoned DC than PSU does.

Yes, we saw how that helped them against us. We put up 38 at the shoe, our offenses aren't comparable. Their passing game is nowhere close to ours. OSU will shut down their running game, same as they did to us. They have zero chance to win that game, especially if Barrett plays half as well as he did yesterday.

Reactions: 10 Years After
That would be awesome to be at 7! With 5 weeks to play that would guarantee a playoff spot if we rock all of our games.

First up though was My trap game of the year, msu!!! Good thing they lost in ot. But they learned a lot from osu as to how to defend us.
Well, I think HOW to defend us is no great secret. There is no deception to our running game, just an occassional decision to run by the qback. Stevens does cause seem to cause opponents problems.

Reactions: psu2016
A loss in the conference? If PSU has one in-conference loss and OSU has two, wtf does a tiebreaker have to do with it.

OSU has 0 conference losses at the moment unless Delaney added Oklahoma without telling anyone. They need to drop two more games otherwise they have the h2h. Michigan State losing to northwestern wasn’t good for us.

If OSU loses again it will only have one conference loss. The other loss was out of conference. So they would have the head to head tie breaker. They would need to have two in conference losses and we win out for us to win the East. Probably isn’t going to happen.

And? We scored 21. The running game has not really worked against a bunch of other teams but we averaged 40
I’m not gonna belabor this point. You need an effective running game to be elite. That’s my opinion and it won’t change.:) And yeah, maybe there’s exceptions.

OSU has 0 conference losses at the moment unless Delaney added Oklahoma without telling anyone. They need to drop two more games otherwise they have the h2h. Michigan State losing to northwestern wasn’t good for us.
Sorry. Forgot that it was OKLA.

I’m not gonna belabor this point. You need an effective running game to be elite. That’s my opinion and it won’t change.:) And yeah, maybe there’s exceptions.
Please tell me who you consider elite....Bama and, and, um, and....guess that's the short list. Clemson lost to Syracuse this year and Pitt last year, so they can't be elite. Ohio State lost to Oklahoma this year and us last year, so they can't be elite. I guess that elite group is pretty small.

Reactions: Cpeplion
God I soooo hope OSU loses just one more game. I don't care to whom, just lose one more game!! We need to get to the CCG somehow vs wisc. If we miraculously do then we will absolutely destroy wisc!

Ohio State would go to BIG Championship over Penn State unless the Bucks lose 2 games....because of tiebreaker.

Please tell me who you consider elite....Bama and, and, um, and....guess that's the short list. Clemson lost to Syracuse this year and Pitt last year, so they can't be elite. Ohio State lost to Oklahoma this year and us last year, so they can't be elite. I guess that elite group is pretty small.
Not just this season, AWS, over a period of time. If you don’t think PSU needs an effective running game then we simply disagree. :)

Reactions: Mixolydian
Not just this season, AWS, over a period of time. If you don’t think PSU needs an effective running game then we simply disagree. :)
I think teams are selling out to take away our running game. I think that changes when Barkley leaves. I would not be surprised if our featured back next year has 1500 yards.

Reactions: artsandletters
Yes, but even if OSU loses 1 (maybe to UM) and goes to the BCG and wins, we have the reverse of last year. PSU sitting there with 1 loss and OSU with 2 losses. Corso just said on Gameday, no 2-loss team makes the CFP.
Thank you. If Ohio State loses one game, they're done as far as the play-off goes. No 2 lose team will be in the playoffs. That's why the big 12 and Pac are pretty much already on the outside looking in. I stated last night if you look at the head to head schedules that are left Penn State is in good shape, if they win out.

One additional lose by OSU won’t get us in the B1G championship Game. They (OSU) has the tie breaker.
Yeah, but I would love it if they lost at least one B1G regular season game. Especially if PSU ran the table. Let's say they beat Wiscy in the CCG and end up with the B1G championship and two losses, vs one for PSU. Does that not hearken back to last year? Wonder if Herbie will be talking about the eye test again. :cool:

Herbstreit's list looks like a blend between now and what he thinks it will be at the end of the season. He figures Wisconsin is toast in the championship game and maybe lose a second somewhere. He figures Miami will lose one or two also. Clemson, Oklahoma, ND, and Ohio State will stay with one loss as will Penn State but Georgia has to move out at some point because they won't beat Alabama. So everyone else moves up with the 4th spot a fight between Clemson and Oklahoma with us on the outside looking in. That appears to be Herb's view for final voting period.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Please tell me who you consider elite....Bama and, and, um, and....guess that's the short list. Clemson lost to Syracuse this year and Pitt last year, so they can't be elite. .

Penn State lost to Pitt last year too. And 2 other additional games. Clemson lost to Pitt but no one else and won the national championship. They are elite.

Penn State lost to Pitt last year too. And 2 other additional games. Clemson lost to Pitt but no one else and won the national championship. They are elite.
And they lost to Syracuse this year, so suddenly they're not elite anymore. But nice try.

So by your logic there is 1 maybe 2 elite teams in college football if you count Georgia.
Nope, just one....Bama. And that's kind of my point, anyone can beat anyone and there really aren't "elite" teams. There are better teams (for now) and every year there will be teams that are better than others. But the days of four or five programs dominating every year for decades is over (except for Bama while Saban is there).

Thank you. If Ohio State loses one game, they're done as far as the play-off goes. No 2 lose team will be in the playoffs. That's why the big 12 and Pac are pretty much already on the outside looking in. I stated last night if you look at the head to head schedules that are left Penn State is in good shape, if they win out.

I agree, The Big 12 is about to beat itself up and the PAC 12 is just bad. If ND runs the table with a green QB I'd be shocked but they would deserve a Playoff spot. NC State could totally ruin the party for the ACC this weekend because win and they basically clinch their division and Miami just isn't going undefeated. IMHO it all rests on OSU...we either want them to win out and two BIG teams get in or want them to lose 2 of 3 to @ Iowa, MSU, or @ Michigan...Which is not impossible.

I think teams are selling out to take away our running game. I think that changes when Barkley leaves. I would not be surprised if our featured back next year has 1500 yards.

Bull crap. We need to run the ball. In 89 Bama stacked the line to take away Blair Thomas and all we did was run 11 straight plays to get to the 4 yard line. Missed the FG, but we pounded them. We need to get that mentality

Bull crap. We need to run the ball. In 89 Bama stacked the line to take away Blair Thomas and all we did was run 11 straight plays to get to the 4 yard line. Missed the FG, but we pounded them. We need to get that mentality
Different time period and different offense. Pounding the ball is not Franklin's style.

God I soooo hope OSU loses just one more game. I don't care to whom, just lose one more game!! We need to get to the CCG somehow vs wisc. If we miraculously do then we will absolutely destroy wisc!

Ohio State needs to lose twice for us to make the title game. Once might happen, twice - no chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT