ADVERTISEMENT

Lamont Wade now listed as a Safety; Parsons will be #11

whoa whoa whoa .... difficult and tough decisions... and CORRECT

maybe this was in another thread but lets check the possibilities
1. Lamont is not cutting it grades wise and was told shape up or ship out. He didn't like that and bails.
2. Lamont did something to push him further down and was told he had to work his way back. He didn't like that. Bails
3. Lamont did something so wrong he was kicked off.

4. Lamont did nothing wrong, and was processed by the staff because he isn't living up to the billing.

5. Lamont has an issue relating to nothing regarding playing time, grades, behavior or anything and another issue is forcing him out that has nothing to do with the staff football or grades.

(i am sure there are a few more possibilities but I think the main ones are covered)

5 is very unfortunate for the student athlete

1-2-3 fine what ever happened,

4 is absolutely wrong, Penn State should not be forcing any player out based on skills and PT. Do better in your evals. Don't talk a good game and then **** with a kids life. This isn't the damn SEC.

So it's a bold statement with out knowing facts to saying correct decisions.

Again if this was discussed and the facts are public then forget what I said. I have not seen them.

But if they aren't Karen's filter is blocked and she needs you to lick her carpet when your done!

#4 seems unlikely, since John Petrishen remains on the team, playing the same position.

Reactions: bdgan
#4 seems unlikely, since John Petrishen remains on the team, playing the same position.
Wade was playing on special teams, as a nickelback, and as a substitute. He was listed as 2nd team behind Taylor. I seriously doubt that Taylor was asked to leave he didn't live up to the billing.

Interesting that The Lair is backing off the midget references..............if you can't recruit, I guess you wait for transfers.

Wade was playing on special teams, as a nickelback, and as a substitute. He was listed as 2nd team behind Taylor. I seriously doubt that Taylor was asked to leave he didn't live up to the billing.
Sutherland got more PT as the season progressed. Outside of ST, I think Wade was in on 3 plays in the bowl. With Brisker coming in......it isn't likely his position on the depth chart would improve. Admittedly, I'm not going to take the time to count.....but I thought he played more D as a freshman.

You can see the trend of Wade's playing time as the season went on...(h/t @BurghNit ). If a dog is gonna bite, he'll bite as a pup.

Appy State: 16 out of 80 snaps
Pitt: 20 out of 71 plays
Kent State: 14 out of 81 snaps
Illinois: 12 out of 80 snaps
Ohio State: 2 out of 78 snaps
Michigan State: 10 out of 88 snaps
Indiana: 7 out of 99 snaps
Iowa: 9 out of 89 snaps
Michigan: 7 out of 70 snaps
Wisconsin: 2 out of 58 snaps
Rutgers: 4 out of 73 snaps
Maryland: 7 out of 60 snaps
Kentucky: 3 out of 57 snaps

Season totals: 113 out of 984....or 11% of the snaps.

You can see the trend of Wade's playing time as the season went on...(h/t @BurghNit ). If a dog is gonna bite, he'll bite as a pup.

And by all accounts, he was healthy throughout the season.

Sutherland got more PT as the season progressed. Outside of ST, I think Wade was in on 3 plays in the bowl. With Brisker coming in......it isn't likely his position on the depth chart would improve. Admittedly, I'm not going to take the time to count.....but I thought he played more D as a freshman.
I'm not trying to make Wade into something he wasn't. I'm just saying that he was making a contribution and that I doubt he would be pushed out based on playing ability. Even if Sutherland beat Wade out for a starting position this fall he would likely be second team on the depth chart with 2 yrs of eligibility remaining and Taylor graduating after this season.

I hope Brisker turns out to be great but I think it's premature to say that he's better than Wade.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
And by all accounts, he was healthy throughout the season.
The problem rests with people who think star ratings are infallible. I hope Lamont decides to stay (1st) or finds a new home and succeeds(2nd). I'm saying this without knowledge of what his family/personal issues are.However, there are no "sure things." I give you Steve Dunning, Jay Franklin,Adam Johnson,Matt Anderson, Al Chambers, Shawn Abner....all either #1 or #2 draft picks in their respective MLB draft classes. Why aren't they in the HOF?

I'm not trying to make Wade into something he wasn't. I'm just saying that he was making a contribution and that I doubt he would be pushed out based on playing ability. Even if Sutherland beat Wade out for a starting position this fall he would likely be second team on the depth chart with 2 yrs of eligibility remaining and Taylor graduating after this season.

I hope Brisker turns out to be great but I think it's premature to say that he's better than Wade.

He is not being "pushed out." Franklin has a formal meeting with every player after the season. At that time the player gets the coaches evaluation. I think Wade is savvy enough to see what happened to his snaps as the season went on. He can stay at PSU and fight to improve or look for a place where the odds are greater that he can start.
If some here are of the opinion that you give a kid a scholarship and you owe him playing time.....ride with him, win or lose, I can respect that opinion.
But we cannot then bitch and moan after every loss and declare the desire to be elite.
I am speculating here......we all are. But the evidence seems to be pointing to Lamont being evaluated as a "useful" player, but not likely an impact player for PSU. This happens at every level of every sport. It is competitive.

Disappointing to see things not work out, however and for whatever reason. Disappointing to lose out on a 5* rated kid—there’s a certain dream that carries with that early hype. Besides, he was a big pluck from a Pitt stronghold. Doesn’t help the pitch with those kids.

Reactions: psu skp

1. Lamont is not cutting it grades wise and was told shape up or ship out. He didn't like that and bails.
2. Lamont did something to push him further down and was told he had to work his way back. He didn't like that. Bails

4. Lamont did nothing wrong, and was processed by the staff because he isn't living up to the billing.

5. Lamont has an issue relating to nothing regarding playing time, grades, behavior or anything and another issue is forcing him out that has nothing to do with the staff football or grades.

(i am sure there are a few more possibilities but I think the main ones are covered)

4 is absolutely wrong, Penn State should not be forcing any player out based on skills and PT. Do better in your evals. Don't talk a good game and then **** with a kids life. This isn't the damn SEC.

Again if this was discussed and the facts are public then forget what I said. I have not seen them.

But if they aren't Karen's filter is blocked and she needs you to lick her carpet when your done!

At this point I'm taking the 'I have zero knowledge about anything that's happening at Penn State Football and am going to quit speculating' oath.

tenor.gif

It's not like this is some big mystery. Wade has low level bitched about his playing time on twitter for a long time. I've heard he has two kids now in Pittsburgh. He's disgruntled about playing time and his life off the field sounds a little sloppy. If he was a 3 star recruit no one would be worried about this, other than for depth. It's the same thing that went on with Hackenberg. All the stars go away once you hit campus.

I wish him the best. He sounds like an intelligent and thoughtful person. It didn't work out at Penn State, hope it works out at his next program. I thank him for choosing PSU out of high school when he had many offers to go lots of different places.

Disappointing to see things not work out, however and for whatever reason. Disappointing to lose out on a 5* rated kid—there’s a certain dream that carries with that early hype. Besides, he was a big pluck from a Pitt stronghold. Doesn’t help the pitch with those kids.
PSU recruited him in good faith. He was given an opportunity to play as a true frosh. The star system is far from infallible.I would not lie awake at nights worrying about what this does to our recruiting in the Pittsburgh area. we seem to be doing okay everywhere else.

You have too much time on your hands

Reactions: marshall23

Pitt game he was exposed terribly. No surprise snaps went down from there. Pancake mix.

It's not like this is some big mystery. Wade has low level bitched about his playing time on twitter for a long time. I've heard he has two kids now in Pittsburgh. He's disgruntled about playing time and his life off the field sounds a little sloppy. If he was a 3 star recruit no one would be worried about this, other than for depth. It's the same thing that went on with Hackenberg. All the stars go away once you hit campus.

I wish him the best. He sounds like an intelligent and thoughtful person. It didn't work out at Penn State, hope it works out at his next program. I thank him for choosing PSU out of high school when he had many offers to go lots of different places.
Lamont is a thoughtful, intelligent kid who, by all accounts, cares about being more than just a football player in life. I hope he decides to stay because our program is stronger having kids like Lamont Wade in it.

That said, he only gets four years of eligibility to prove on the field that he can make a go of it professionally. If he feels like he’ll get a better opportunity to prove that somewhere else, more power to him and I wish him all the best.

He is not being "pushed out." Franklin has a formal meeting with every player after the season. At that time the player gets the coaches evaluation. I think Wade is savvy enough to see what happened to his snaps as the season went on. He can stay at PSU and fight to improve or look for a place where the odds are greater that he can start.
If some here are of the opinion that you give a kid a scholarship and you owe him playing time.....ride with him, win or lose, I can respect that opinion.
But we cannot then bitch and moan after every loss and declare the desire to be elite.
I am speculating here......we all are. But the evidence seems to be pointing to Lamont being evaluated as a "useful" player, but not likely an impact player for PSU. This happens at every level of every sport. It is competitive.

You start with "he is not"... that is a pretty declarative statement of fact.

Then follow up with "I think" and "I'm speculating"

What is it? Have you spoken with Lamont and James? Your first sentence says you have.

I'm sure we will find out more going forward.

You have too much time on your hands

How so because I took 10 secs to put together a thought instead of worshiping the twitter god and that the "family who wants to succeed athletically socially academically and spiritually " may have deffiencies?

Do we have numbers for others? Who was getting the majority of 2nd/3rd team snaps? These numbers without context suggest he played very little - my question is how does that compare to other non-starting DBs?

Reactions: LoyalandTrueLion
At this point I'm taking the 'I have zero knowledge about anything that's happening at Penn State Football and am going to quit speculating' oath.

tenor.gif

But if you start on page 1 your speculative mind hit the nail on the head.

I just don't get "tough correct decisions " that had to be made.

What tough decision had to be made by the staff regarding Wade?

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

#6: Wade wasn't happy with the playing time he was getting and thought he would get going forward and so decided on his own to leave, no processing by CJF and the staff.

How so because I took 10 secs to put together a thought instead of worshiping the twitter god and that the "family who wants to succeed athletically socially academically and spiritually " may have deffiencies?

Lol 10 seconds you say?

giphy.gif

#6: Wade wasn't happy with the playing time he was getting and thought he would get going forward and so decided on his own to leave, no processing by CJF and the staff.

Possibly true but then he is a low character kid who is finger pointing by saying "not my choice" ... are you calling him liar?

Possibly true but then he is a low character kid who is finger pointing by saying "not my choice" ... are you calling him liar?

My understanding is that once he put his name in the portal, he was open to coming back, but at that point JF made the decision for him. See ya. Once your name goes in the portal, school doesn't have to keep you on scholarship.

Reactions: marshall23
I can see that you're using that "not my choice" as indicating that he was processed. I'm not interpreting it that way. I'm interpreting that in no way simply because I don't know what happened. How does "not my choice" match up with the other four options you provided? We don't know.

Reactions: step.eng69
Do we have numbers for others? Who was getting the majority of 2nd/3rd team snaps? These numbers without context suggest he played very little - my question is how does that compare to other non-starting DBs?

Sutherland played more, but not a lot more. You have to be rock solid at safety, or you can give up a 70 yard touchdown in a snap. Didn't see the rotation at that position like you did at other spots on the defense.

Sutherland played more, but not a lot more. You have to be rock solid at safety, or you can give up a 70 yard touchdown in a snap. Didn't see the rotation at that position like you did at other spots on the defense.

Thanks, and totally agree. I was able to find the snap count numbers via roarlionsroar.com. For the most part, Wade was 2nd team S behind Taylor, and Sutherland was 2nd team S behind Scott (third team was Petrishen and Monroe and they barely played). Wade's biggest participation was against Pitt and that was about 27% of snaps; he didn't break 20% in any remaining games. Sutherland had at least six games where he participated in more than 20% of snaps, and four of them were at 30% or more. Interesting to note he also had two games where he didn't sub at all (Scott took all snaps), and Wade participated in every game. All told, Wade's participation for the regular season was 11.68%, and Sutherland's was 21.93%.

I've seen some stuff suggestion Monroe may be another guy looking to transfer - any real fire there? Really need to land Scott and hope Brisker is able to go on day one. Any RS FR who could step up?

You start with "he is not"... that is a pretty declarative statement of fact.

Then follow up with "I think" and "I'm speculating"

What is it? Have you spoken with Lamont and James? Your first sentence says you have.

I'm sure we will find out more going forward.
I'm sure that moving forward you can kiss my ass.

Reactions: Kmase21
Thanks, and totally agree. I was able to find the snap count numbers via roarlionsroar.com. For the most part, Wade was 2nd team S behind Taylor, and Sutherland was 2nd team S behind Scott (third team was Petrishen and Monroe and they barely played). Wade's biggest participation was against Pitt and that was about 27% of snaps; he didn't break 20% in any remaining games. Sutherland had at least six games where he participated in more than 20% of snaps, and four of them were at 30% or more. Interesting to note he also had two games where he didn't sub at all (Scott took all snaps), and Wade participated in every game. All told, Wade's participation for the regular season was 11.68%, and Sutherland's was 21.93%.

I've seen some stuff suggestion Monroe may be another guy looking to transfer - any real fire there? Really need to land Scott and hope Brisker is able to go on day one. Any RS FR who could step up?

I think you will see more guys from PSU in the transfer portal. JF has pushed for guys to graduate in three years....with some starting early, summers, etc. you're seeing guys get their degrees in 3 years. Then they can be grad transfers, don't have to sit out a year, and have two years to play. Guys who aren't on the two deep I think are grabbing their degree and heading somewhere else to play 2 years. IMO. It isn't ideal.

I think JF is a very demanding coach, both on the field and in the classroom. What, 55 guys had above a 3.0 last semester? Off season workouts, can't miss a class, scheduled study halls....if you aren't playing, I'm sure it all a big pain in the ass.

Last edited:
I can see that you're using that "not my choice" as indicating that he was processed. I'm not interpreting it that way. I'm interpreting that in no way simply because I don't know what happened. How does "not my choice" match up with the other four options you provided? We don't know.
No I am not I listed three possibilities prior to that. That were grades trouble and behavior. Did you miss that

Do you know him and can you state unequivocally that he has never told a lie?

James Franklin only recruits guys into the family that are a match to succeed socially academically athletically and spiritually. James Franklin doesn't recruit liars.

I do not know Lamont. I only judge our players based on how they play and conduct themselves on the field. Also by what our coach says about how he recruits high character guys.

I am not married, thank you very much.

Are you gonna to keep going, kid?

Actually based on the reading comprehension level and the ability to come up with rational scenarios of thought rather quickly I'm not surprised.

I'll keep going post another gif

James Franklin only recruits guys into the family that are a match to succeed socially academically athletically and spiritually. James Franklin doesn't recruit liars.

I do not know Lamont. I only judge our players based on how they play and conduct themselves on the field. Also by what our coach says about how he recruits high character guys.
Everyone has told a lie. So you are George Washington?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT