ADVERTISEMENT

Lee Roy Smith Sr.

I was watching the Phillies game last night and Tom McCarthy mentioned that JT Realmuto's brother was an All-American wrestler. I Googled it, and was surprised to find out his mother is a Smith, and his uncles are John, Lee Roy, and Pat Smith, and his cousins are Mark and Chris Perry. Then found this 2019 thread. I had no idea of his ties to one of the greatest wrestling families. I couldn't find out who JT's brother wrestled for.

JT wrestled when he was young, but I won't hold it against him that he played basketball later ;)

Link to article: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/28/sports/baseball/jt-realmuto-phillies-world-series.html

His brother Tony wrestled at University of Central Oklahoma in the late 90’s through 2000 or so, believe he was a national champion at that level. His sister Ryan was a great catcher at Oklahoma State.
I believe that his dad Dave played at least at the AAA level and his mother Margaret is John’s oldest sister.
You might say they have a little talent in the family. I will say that they are even better people.

His brother Tony wrestled at University of Central Oklahoma in the late 90’s through 2000 or so, believe he was a national champion at that level. His sister Ryan was a great catcher at Oklahoma State.
I believe that his dad Dave played at least at the AAA level and his mother Margaret is John’s oldest sister.
You might say they have a little talent in the family. I will say that they are even better people.
Thanks for that added detail! Agreed, super athletic family.......and I've heard really good people too. I know JT is.

Reactions: Poke1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT