ADVERTISEMENT

Lift for Life

didier

Oct 5, 2007
Anyone go? Did they do the deadlift and overhead competitions today?

Anyone go? Did they do the deadlift and overhead competitions today?
I was there but mybson was doing kid clinic so didn't get a chance to see all the events. They did the farmer lift and I watch kevin givens beat Chaz wright ...very spirited.

What I really noticed is the team seems to really like each other seemed to be having fun but working hard.

As a long time donor and attendee, it was well attended but not as good as in the past. Hard to see events because players would huddle around participants in an event. Events held concurrent with other events with no announcement of who was participating. Times/reps not given. Unable to distinguish players who had only blue or white jerseys; only one player had his number (Sterling Jenkins). Could not hear Steve Jones over the blaring music. Very chaotic. Snack bar outside was outstanding.

Now for a per peeve; this event is not for you to get 6 footballs autographed (you know who are). Anyone over age of 10 clamouring for autographs is a vulcher, sycophant and/or leech.

As a long time donor and attendee, it was well attended but not as good as in the past. Hard to see events because players would huddle around participants in an event. Events held concurrent with other events with no announcement of who was participating. Times/reps not given. Unable to distinguish players who had only blue or white jerseys; only one player had his number (Sterling Jenkins). Could not hear Steve Jones over the blaring music. Very chaotic. Snack bar outside was outstanding.

Now for a per peeve; this event is not for you to get 6 footballs autographed (you know who are). Anyone over age of 10 clamouring for autographs is a vulcher, sycophant and/or leech.

agree completely with the adult autograph seekers. should be some type of rule that is posted and adhered to that nobody under age of 12 or 14 can get an autograph, would stop that stuff.

Sounds like some creepy, needy behavior - unless the person was getting the balls to auction off for a charitable cause, give to children in hospitals or something else positive to the community.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle

I felt the same way about the event. The only bleachers were just 3 very short tiers, so the usual sight lines gained from sitting up higher was not available. In the past when held in Holuba, the individual events were more distinct and it was easier to follow. Also, no score was kept, which seemed a little odd given the repeated 'compete in all you do' mantra that the team and fans have embraced (and rightfully so). Agree that the music made it tougher to hear Jones. I would have preferred having the players wear their numbers, too.... I don't recognize the guys as easily at first sight like I used to.

If they move it back to the Lacrosse stadium next year, weather permitting, the sight lines will take care of themselves. If it's in Holuba again, I may choose to not attend, although my desire to support the cause via attendance will probably win me over anyway.

Great grill set up outside - dogs, burgers, chicken, pulled pork - a nice bonus and with reasonable prices. (Needed something other than just French's yellow mustard for my dog, though!)

Restricting the autographs to one per person or family is a good idea. I saw older guys (like my age... imagine that!) with entire garbage-size bags of balls to be signed.

I felt the same way about the event. The only bleachers were just 3 very short tiers, so the usual sight lines gained from sitting up higher was not available. In the past when held in Holuba, the individual events were more distinct and it was easier to follow. Also, no score was kept, which seemed a little odd given the repeated 'compete in all you do' mantra that the team and fans have embraced (and rightfully so). Agree that the music made it tougher to hear Jones. I would have preferred having the players wear their numbers, too.... I don't recognize the guys as easily at first sight like I used to.

If they move it back to the Lacrosse stadium next year, weather permitting, the sight lines will take care of themselves. If it's in Holuba again, I may choose to not attend, although my desire to support the cause via attendance will probably win me over anyway.

Great grill set up outside - dogs, burgers, chicken, pulled pork - a nice bonus and with reasonable prices. (Needed something other than just French's yellow mustard for my dog, though!)

Restricting the autographs to one per person or family is a good idea. I saw older guys (like my age... imagine that!) with entire garbage-size bags of balls to be signed.

Ketchup on the hot dog?

:eek:

Reactions: artsandletters
Ketchup on the hot dog?

:eek:

Fellow Bob, good Sir, I am outraged :eek: that you could even think that possible of me! Never would I ever.
If so, I would have to put myself on ignore, which is an avenue worth exploring given some (most? all?) of my posts.

Just wanted / needed a mustard more befitting a nicely grilled hot dog. Most any mild, brown mustard is fine for a dog cart. Anything better is a bonus.

Again.... :eek:.

Mustard snob. ;):) That's what Fox/Hannityass :mad: called Obama when he asked if they had dijon at Five Guys.

Mustard snob. ;):) That's what Fox/Hannityass :mad: called Obama when he asked if they had dijon at Five Guys.

I hear ya*, but it is tough to be too much of a snob when a blob of it is often dripping onto my shirt as I eat something with mustard. Or ketchup. Or any condiment wherein drippage can occur.

* and yet another reason for me to put myself on ignore.

I hear ya*, but it is tough to be too much of a snob when a blob of it is often dripping onto my shirt as I eat something with mustard. Or ketchup. Or any condiment wherein drippage can occur.

* and yet another reason for me to put myself on ignore.
You need some condiment control training. Check out the Seinfeld episode in which Kramer researches and trains to make his shower-taking process more efficient. Use that as a guideline. Good luck.;):D

You need some condiment control training. Check out the Seinfeld episode in which Kramer researches and trains to make his shower-taking process more efficient. Use that as a guideline. Good luck.;):D

Many people, and a few ruined shirts, agree with you on my need for such training.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT