ADVERTISEMENT

"Long arm of the law" thread and 2 miles along Oil Creek triggered a memory!

emertmakeshiteup

Feb 27, 2019
On my two mile walk today had a fun recall! A spring gobbler season, decades ago, I was walking out a gas well road carrying a gobbler. Perfect bad timing as, the game protector drives by. He sees me, slams on the brakes, and backs up! My son (who was at PSU at the time) and I had the exact same gobbler hunting vests. At 5:00 AM or earlier not paying attention to detail, I threw his on! When I realized the mistake I made I was not going to rip his tag off. Even if I didn't have a bird, he'd have pinched me for the license violation anyway. I tried to reason with him! e.g. foreman at the hatchery next county over; good friends with that protector and he'll vouch for me; would never do something like that, etc. etc. etc. No love! So at court, I explain the whole thing to the magistrate (who used to work for my wife at the hospital, that had to help, lol). She found me not guilty, stating, "The PGC is not in business just to make $!" Moral of story: good to know folks in high places!

Reactions: brupsu and sluggo72
On my two mile walk today had a fun recall! A spring gobbler season, decades ago, I was walking out a gas well road carrying a gobbler. Perfect bad timing as, the game protector drives by. He sees me, slams on the brakes, and backs up! My son (who was at PSU at the time) and I had the exact same gobbler hunting vests. At 5:00 AM or earlier not paying attention to detail, I threw his on! When I realized the mistake I made I was not going to rip his tag off. Even if I didn't have a bird, he'd have pinched me for the license violation anyway. I tried to reason with him! e.g. foreman at the hatchery next county over; good friends with that protector and he'll vouch for me; would never do something like that, etc. etc. etc. No love! So at court, I explain the whole thing to the magistrate (who used to work for my wife at the hospital, that had to help, lol). She found me not guilty, stating, "The PGC is not in business just to make $!" Moral of story: good to know folks in high places!
The PGC has a bad rep of having a bunch of hard asses.

There was a fish warden who every time he saw me he would make me come back the bank so he could check my license. Frequently it was multiple days in a row. I would complain and he would just smile at me and wish me good luck.
Jersey fish and game guys seem ok but a few friends and I had a run in with a real ha.We were all in the water spearfishing except one who stayed on the boat.There were three game guys in a boat.They atempted to board our boat and bent an aluminum rail trying to tie up
Back at the dock end of day and two of these guys were waiting for us.We had a good day with flounder,trigger and two nice striped bass.Trying to get gear on the dock to clean it the one guy comes storming down the dock practically knocking me off into the waterBottom line was supposedly guy was spearing small fish reported by a fisherman on one of the jetties we were close to.made us measure every fish we took and went aboard to check if we hid any.
What pissed me off was a lot of boats came in during this and not a one was checked.I made it a point to mention this to which the reply was zip.No doubt they were targeting us.,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT