ADVERTISEMENT

Love this quote...

“I was the 436th-ranked person in my recruiting class,” Edey said. “I had coaches coming in and out the doors every day and none of them gave me a look. [Painter] was the one who said we need to look at this guy when so many other coaches passed me by.”
Good for coach. And good for Edey to work hard and make himself great.

He was kind of born on third base though, being that he’s the tallest player in Big Ten history.
I don't agree at all. Lots of big men haven't been great basketball players. And every basketball player playing a position other than point or shooting guard would have the same comment pointed at them.

I also have to say your point doesn't make sense if the OP's information is accurate. Edey was the 435th ranked player in his class and almost no major programs were recruiting him. (even though he played for IMG and was on their national team)

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
He'd be the easy number 1 pick that a team would build around if this was the 90s. Most mock drafts have him drafted in the mid second round which sounds crazy with his production. It's a different game now. He'll still be a solid pro IMO.

Reactions: NedFromYork
He'd be the easy number 1 pick that a team would build around if this was the 90s. Most mock drafts have him drafted in the mid second round which sounds crazy with his production. It's a different game now. He'll still be a solid pro IMO.
He will struggle with pick and roll defense, and needs to get a face up game to contribute in NBA.

Reactions: Obliviax
He will struggle with pick and roll defense, and needs to get a face up game to contribute in NBA.
you make a great point. He'll be great in the paint but will have to defend some good athletes on the perimeter. The Cavs Even Mobley is only 22 and is a great three point shooter at 6-11. Edey is 21.

I don't agree at all. Lots of big men haven't been great basketball players. And every basketball player playing a position other than point or shooting guard would have the same comment pointed at them.

I also have to say your point doesn't make sense if the OP's information is accurate. Edey was the 435th ranked player in his class and almost no major programs were recruiting him. (even though he played for IMG and was on their national team)

The quote comes from Edey himself. And he goes on to say that in his time at IMG he only got to play a total of a few minutes. Because the guys that played ahead of him were ranked significantly higher. So as is usual you are correct and the goof poster which I have blocked is as off the wall as usual.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT