ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs USC game thread

Just seen this. Allar was #2 in QBR behind Milroe after week 1.
Allar was great but not like this. These two QBs are releasing the ball quickly before WRs make their cut. They're 33-39 (84%) for 367 yds.

The defenses might be worse and their WRs might be better but these two QBs are putting on a show.

I like how Riley responded to the sideline question. Of course you wish you took the shot after your kicker missed it.

Myself personally, I think they should have called timeout after the 1st run with 12 seconds left. That leaves enough time for the end zone pass and comfortable FG attempt.

Allar was great but not like this. These two QBs are releasing the ball quickly before WRs make their cut. They're 33-39 (84%) for 367 yds.

The defenses might be worse and their WRs might be better but these two QBs are putting on a show.
Our passing offense doesn't look like this either--which isn't necessarily a bad thing but these QBs are being set up to succeed
Allar was great in his own right but, yes, these two are just putting on a show

Reactions: RickinDayton

At the rate they are going, they could usurp the top 2 spots for sure.

Reactions: bdroc
LSU, USC and Penn State are all in the mix for the same playoff spot so it really doesn't matter who wins--just a good early season game--hopefully.
I disagree. I have never cared about conference pride. I root against everyone in our conference during bowl games. However, with the 12-team playoff a USC win would really help us if we would lose head-to-head again them and OSU. If two loss teams get in and LSU is a two loss team as well, their beating USC would sink us.

I disagree. I have never cared about conference pride. I root against everyone in our conference during bowl games. However, with the 12-team playoff a USC win would really help us if we would lose head-to-head again them and OSU. If two loss teams get in and LSU is a two loss team as well, their beating USC would sink us.
Well, bowl games don't matter so root for anyone--it's just weird you'd root against Northwestern or Purdue but whatever nonsense you believe is...what you believe
If we're 10-2 we're in regardless--for seeding, yes, it may help, but ultimately it doesn't matter--if you're in the Big Ten or SEC win 10 or win at least 9 if you schedule games like this.
The team that loses this game won't be penalized for it.

Somebody defended Fleming & Clifford not catching a pass because we only threw 18 times.

Moss has thrown 15 times and 7 different receivers have caught a pass.

I look forward to this second half to see if USC is for real. I had predicted a rough 6-7 win season for USC and a PSU win out west. They may be better than I thought.

Somebody defended Fleming & Clifford not catching a pass because we only threw 18 times.

But look at the offense and the design of it--we're very different

Good thing because I don't know if either team can run.

I'll be curious if either defense tries to tighten up the coverage. Credit to the QBs for being accurate, WRs for catching everything, but this coverage has been soft.

I like how Riley responded to the sideline question. Of course you wish you took the shot after your kicker missed it.

Myself personally, I think they should have called timeout after the 1st run with 12 seconds left. That leaves enough time for the end zone pass and comfortable FG attempt.

Agreed. You see that so often...waiting to take timeouts and then having to rush plays as the clock winds down.

They also wasted precious seconds after they didn't make the 1st down on the run play in their own territory on that last drive.

As an underdog in a game like this, you can't squander opportunities. The missed close-range FG may well loom large.

Both QBs looked great in the first half.

Reactions: lazydave841

Exactly. Allar has to begin to look elsewhere to make the WRs more effective. Allar still needs work in that area.

Exactly. Allar has to begin to look elsewhere to make the WRs more effective. Allar still needs work in that area.
I don't think it's on Allar...even when he took off on the ground you could see there wasn't separation. The play calling has to get slightly better (which it will) as we need to see quick slants and more passes over the middle. We still have too much toward the sidelines but an improvement over last year in just one game.

I don't think it's on Allar...even when he took off on the ground you could see there wasn't separation. The play calling has to get slightly better (which it will) as we need to see quick slants and more passes over the middle. We still have too much toward the sidelines but an improvement over last year in just one game.
Agree about the sideline patterns which in my mind assist the defense.

USC is starting their implosion. DL is suspect. Running game is absent.
Implosion? I mean they are playing a super talented LSU team and Miller Moss looks tremendous with a big time TD to give them the lead. Not sure what u are watching. Moss will be a problem for every team...including PSU.

My gosh, what a performance by this USC quarterback. These guys may be a handful at their place in October.

The LSU quarterback ain't too shabby either. But three mickey mouse 15-yard penalties on the Tigers show total lack of discipline.

Darn good game looks like it may come down to the last possession.

What a QB performance in this week 1 juggernaut....CFB is great.

Meanwhile, Tom Allen et al I'm sure will be working on USC in pieces the next few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT