ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Richt just said he'd love to be an OC (or QB coach) on the SEC Network now.............

Thing is. You bring him in, he is gone after a year or two.

Not necessarily. By all accounts, PSU could be an excellent fit for MR. The bigger question: is JF secure enough to hire a coach who could / would push him? I would hope so.

1. Interesting because he could have been HC here, had he wanted it. Might be tough to come here knowing he could have been the head guy.
  2. Not sure CJF wants to hire a guy who could be his replacement. Next year could be another difficult year (but I see 2017 being the emerging year for this program). Smart head guys don't want that guy breathing down his neck. I am guessing CJF hires a young, emerging position coach that is in a top tier program (scott frost-ish).
Franklin's honeymoon period is quickly coming to an end. He'd be better off winning with a guy breathing down his neck than losing with a young emerging guy that doesn't pose a threat.

Football recycles coaches more than any other sport. Get fired from one place and get hired doing the same thing somewhere else. I certainly hope we give and young up comer a chance as opposed to a retread.

The program doesn't need a young up comer, only when nothin else if available. Again its about availability and timing, you should be picking from other Major D1's 1st, they have the battle scars the learning curve is already completed. 2nd tier D1's would be next and so on.

Well either way it is an interesting possibility. I don't think it will be Mark Richt. I think it will be Bill Lazor, who just got fired from the Dolphins.

Lazor would be a good fit. He's from Scranton, an Ivy Leaguer, and totally clueless.

Reactions: CDW3333
I think it will be some young up and comer from a smaller school. Richt is just a big name flavor of the week guy

Unless he brings Jacob Eason with him ;)

Reactions: bmw199
The program doesn't need a young up comer, only when nothin else if available. Again its about availability and timing, you should be picking from other Major D1's 1st, they have the battle scars the learning curve is already completed. 2nd tier D1's would be next and so on.

They have the battle scars and they're usually unemployed for a reason. Success doesn't usually lead to being out of work.

Teams are interviewing him for HC. He isnt going to OC, at least not more than a year.

1. Ain't gonna happen.
2. There may actually be "bad" blood between Richt & Franklin. I do not remember the exact circumstances, but a few years ago there was some sort of confrontation after the Vandy-UGA game. I believe it was between Franklin and the UGA Def. Coord.

3. IF it were to happen, then obviously it would be a grand slam. But 99.99999% sure this is all pipe-dream fantasy stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT