ADVERTISEMENT

MilesBarkley with the scoop, No Tommy Stevens for the Bowl

I don’t know if this injury was same as training camp / first 4 games but it is very possible that Tommy was limited the entire year and sucked it up to play as much as he could this season. He didn’t seem like himself all year, we thought rust and lack of reps but maybe he just wasn’t healthy.

Now onto 2019 since Tommy is done for the year. I know I have seen Clifford’s name often in here and I am just as optimistic as anyone about Clifford moving forward. If anyone thinks there will be a fair QB competition you are nuts. Franklin and Rahne promised Tommy the moon to not transfer, there is zero chance Tommy doesn’t start the 2019 season at QB if he is healthy.

I don’t know if this injury was same as training camp / first 4 games but it is very possible that Tommy was limited the entire year and sucked it up to play as much as he could this season. He didn’t seem like himself all year, we thought rust and lack of reps but maybe he just wasn’t healthy.

Now onto 2019 since Tommy is done for the year. I know I have seen Clifford’s name often in here and I am just as optimistic as anyone about Clifford moving forward. If anyone thinks there will be a fair QB competition you are nuts. Franklin and Rahne promised Tommy the moon to not transfer, there is zero chance Tommy doesn’t start the 2019 season at QB if he is healthy.

If true then Franklin did a disservice to Stevens and the program. The best guy will start even if that means Stevens was lied to.

Reactions: Bertway0
If true then Franklin did a disservice to Stevens and the program. The best guy will start even if that means Stevens was lied to.
Actually, it is common for coaches to make "promises" to players and often fulfill those promises to the detriment of the programs they are paid millions of dollars to lead to success. Only a select group of insiders are privy to this kind of behavior.....often the same ones who have an uncommon grasp on which are the best players, and who should start......despite never attending a practice and likely never having worn a headgear themselves.

lol Honestly I have faith in Sean too. I just think Fields might be special. Might not be but there's definitely that potential.
Clifford is the special one. He has the moxie of Trace and McGloin but is more skilled than either. Just my opinion. The kid has huge balls and is really talented at his position.

Reactions: 81b&w
Actually, it is common for coaches to make "promises" to players and often fulfill those promises to the detriment of the programs they are paid millions of dollars to lead to success. Only a select group of insiders are privy to this kind of behavior.....often the same ones who have an uncommon grasp on which are the best players, and who should start......despite never attending a practice and likely never having worn a headgear themselves.

I'm aware promises are made that aren't fulfilled and I wish kids would call out those coaches publicly once it occurs. Supposedly we do things the right way and are above these kind of lies in order to succeed, right? Success with honor?

I've never said anyone should start over anyone else. I just said the best player should start which is true. I thought Juwan Johnson should have been benched long before he was but I fully acknowledged I didn't know what was going on in practice and if someone else should have jumped him.

If Stevens wins the starting job that's great but the other poster said there won't be a competition. There will be regardless of the "promise" made.

I'm aware promises are made that aren't fulfilled and I wish kids would call out those coaches publicly once it occurs. Supposedly we do things the right way and are above these kind of lies in order to succeed, right? Success with honor?

I've never said anyone should start over anyone else. I just said the best player should start which is true. I thought Juwan Johnson should have been benched long before he was but I fully acknowledged I didn't know what was going on in practice and if someone else should have jumped him.

If Stevens wins the starting job that's great but the other poster said there won't be a competition. There will be regardless of the "promise" made.
No one is promised a starting job by James Franklin. Anyone who says that or believes that is a fool.

Reactions: BBrown

Sorry, dickhead. Wrong again. JF is on record as telling every recruit that "yeah, you are a great player. And next year, I'm going to recruit a player that plays the same position, who is better than you are".

That's what he tells them, and they love him for it.

Reactions: OhioLion
Now I'm a Pitt fan? Seriously? In a few days you'll probably say I'm a Kentucky fan and I've just been here because I knew Penn State would play them in a bowl game

Nah, that is very unlikely.

I could be wrong about you being a Pitt fan. But I'm not wrong about you not being a PSU fan. Why don't you just go back to where you belong? Nobody is fooled by your tired, inane, act.

Nah, that is very unlikely.

I could be wrong about you being a Pitt fan. But I'm not wrong about you not being a PSU fan. Why don't you just go back to where you belong? Nobody is fooled by your tired, inane, act.

Came home from the hospital wrapped in a Penn State blanket when I was born. Went to Penn State. I have been a fan my entire life. You have a perception of fandom that doesn't define all fans. I don't have to believe Penn State is the best program in the country to be a fan.

You want everyone here to see things the same way as you do. That's unrealistic.

Came home from the hospital wrapped in a Penn State blanket when I was born. Went to Penn State. I have been a fan my entire life. You have a perception of fandom that doesn't define all fans. I don't have to believe Penn State is the best program in the country to be a fan.

You want everyone here to see things the same way as you do. That's unrealistic.

You have no idea how I see things. None whatsoever.

How I see you, however, is decidedly unflattering. Please delete yourself.

Reactions: marshall23
Not sure exactly what they did but the surgery was on the same foot that has been giving him problems all season. Home resting and won’t be traveling to the bowl game.

Nope. Reid was doing an internship at Intel, which is also pretty impressive for a football player.

Sidenote: I'm not sure Stevens' body can handle D1 football. I'm glad we have Clifford, who looks awesome, waiting in the wings.
I don't think he's ever gotten hurt in a game. He's 6-5, 235 and never avoids a tackle. I don't know what kind of injuries he's had in practice because Franklin never says but I think he can handle D1 football.

Reactions: marshall23
You have no idea how I see things. None whatsoever.

How I see you, however, is decidedly unflattering. Please delete yourself.
He was last seen right before the OSU game posting as 78sweetrevenge defending the Hell out of Urban while rarely using punctuation at the end of his last sentence before being banned and coming back as this dip shiz. Admitted he lives in Columbus and supposedly played hockey at some level, although that changes with his screen names.

I don't think he's ever gotten hurt in a game. He's 6-5, 235 and never avoids a tackle. I don't know what kind of injuries he's had in practice because Franklin never says but I think he can handle D1 football.

In limited playing time the kid has scored 8 TD's rushing, 2 receiving and 4 passing. He has rushed for over 500 yards and passed for more than 300.
Now I don't know who will start for PSU next year. I actually believe ( unlike the experts here) that the coaches have a slightly better grasp on evaluating their players than I do. But if we are going to make outrageous pronouncements, I would tend to contend that TS has a better track record than Sean Clifford who has thrown 5 passes in blowout wins. In any event, to say that Tommy is not built for D1 football is laughable.
What I do know from empirical evidence is this......the starter, whoever that may be......will not be deserving of this designation, at the conclusion of one less than stellar game performance. You can make book on that.

Reactions: PSU65
Hell, the only meaningful part of him ran down his father's leg.

tumblr_n2p7p546XP1s8l4eao3_500.gif

I love when people are challenged and they lack the intellect to respond they resort to these kinds of attacks. Speaks volumes about them and their insecurities.

Reactions: IIVI and Nitwit

Tommy's biggest mistake was not transferring at the end of last year. Franklin talked him into staying and I think TS made a huge mistake in listening to him.

Reactions: 2020 is Our Year
lol Honestly I have faith in Sean too. I just think Fields might be special. Might not be but there's definitely that potential.
So special he couldn’t beat out UGA’s current QB - Fromm is good but hardly Peyton Manning.

So special he couldn’t beat out UGA’s current QB - Fromm is good but hardly Peyton Manning.

Fromm is a future NFL QB that had just led his team to the playoff and almost won a national title as a freshman. That was a very difficult challenge. It wasn't like unseating Bryant at Clemson. If Fields committed to Penn State last year would you be saying he wasn't special because he didn't beat out Trace? Of course not.

You played college hockey at what school as you once posted? Still cant believe you weren't taken out with "friendly fire"

Not college hockey. I was better than that. And, to surprise you more, I wore the "C" for two years in high school and 2 years at a higher level.

I'm not going to wear kid gloves with you guys. I'm not pretending Santa is real or Penn State is "the golden standard of college football". We're adults. Stop throwing a temper tantrum because you can't accept that times have changed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT