ADVERTISEMENT

More Trouble Brewing in Ann Arbor?

They have only won one bowl game since 2016. That is because there’s limited scouting not knowing your opponent. What a bunch of losers at Michigan.
There used to be an old joke years ago, and I mean like 30 years ago, that bowl Schembechler‘s wife gave him soup in a cup, because if she put it a bowl he would lose it.

Michigan always sucked in bowls. Fwiw when I voice text balls, it seems to want to type balls. I had to make a few edits lol.

You can say whatever you want about him. You just then can't take issue with that didn't want for all the facts about Paterno. Can't have it both ways.

And no absolutely no meaning. Just like NFL preseason or the spring game. Just practice
Nothing in life has any meaning (especially games) other than the meaning that people prescribe to it. So if you think your annual Turkey Bowl is the most important thing in your life, than it is (to you). If players or fans or coaches or the statisticians think that bowl games have meaning, then they do.

I have all the facts for Paterno, but I'm guessing you don't.

But again nice deflection. Why was Jim's new bff Connor Stalion at all those conference away games?

I've attended multiple--1990 Blockbuster Bowl, 1992 Blockbuster, 1995 Outback, 1998 Outback and 2005 Orange but bowls aren't the same as they were back then.

And actually your reply is what I've also said. People refuse to admit the bowls aren't meaningful because of the money and time they've invested attending them. They don't want to believe it was a waste. Still probably a great experience but the game itself was relevant.
No, my reply was just an innocent question. Did you enjoy the games and did you enjoy all of the events surrounding the experience?

I know that I have always had a great time when I’ve gone as both an undergrad cheerleader and the multiple games that I’ve attended. I think that this is where a lot of people feel differently than you seem to feel. And there is no doubt that there is prestige and recruiting advantages to going to the better bowl games.

Does that change next year? Probably so. It’s going to be interesting to see how the “away”playoff attendance is affected when the fans may have multiple games to pay for going forward.

And no absolutely no meaning. Just like NFL preseason or the spring game. Just practice
Does practice make a team better? Or is extra practice meaningless? Is watching your favorite team in a competetive game meaningless? Do graduating player want to impress scouts (and i dont mean mich 12th man scouts) before the nfl draft, or is that also meaningless?
Does anything have meaning to you except the final game of the season?

Reactions: bison13
Perhaps - but they do count as a W or an L. Maybe they no longer should - but while they do, it’s certainly better to win them. Now, would I trade a W vs UM or OSU for that Rose Bowl win over Utah? Every day and twice on Saturday. Winning the conference matters. The playoffs are a secondary concern, and out of our control. Beating Ohio State and UM are within our control.
Without that win over Utah, we start this outside the top10 and it becomes nearly impossible to get to this years playoff with one loss. Outside chance that we could this year depending on results if other games.

Nothing in life has any meaning (especially games) other than the meaning that people prescribe to it. So if you think your annual Turkey Bowl is the most important thing in your life, than it is (to you). If players or fans or coaches or the statisticians think that bowl games have meaning, then they do.

But again nice deflection. Why was Jim's new bff Connor Stalion at all those conference away games?

The pollsters who do the season's Final Rankings (which are important to a team's reputation and recruiting) obviously ascribe meaning to the bowls.

Oh games that determine who wins the title absolutely have meaning. The playoff is very meaningful--bowls aren't.

You don't have all the fact regarding this so you can't be upset if others make conclusions without them. You having the facts about Paterno is relevant. How do you think I don't? Have I ever said anything negative about him in that regard?

Again, there's nothing to deflect from. I don't care about Michigan. I'll let things play out so I can make informed comments unlike you.

No, my reply was just an innocent question. Did you enjoy the games and did you enjoy all of the events surrounding the experience?

I know that I have always had a great time when I’ve gone as both an undergrad cheerleader and the multiple games that I’ve attended. I think that this is where a lot of people feel differently than you seem to feel. And there is no doubt that there is prestige and recruiting advantages to going to the better bowl games.

Does that change next year? Probably so. It’s going to be interesting to see how the “away”playoff attendance is affected when the fans may have multiple games to pay for going forward.
I don't believe it was an innocent question--it was intended to create what you followed up with. I'm fine with that but don't pretend otherwise.

Having a great time is wonderful but it doesn't alter the meaning of the game. I can enjoy a preseason NFL game or the spring game but they're just practices. Just like the only important aspect of the bowl games are extra practice time.

Ideally, the bowls fade away but we'll see how many people watch and attend. Should be interesting.

Agreed. Which is why Lando's point is indefensible.
The ranking after the bowls only matters for who's #1.
Name the top 10 in order last year without looking...
I can name the top 10 prior to the bowl games though because that's what mattered
Which is why a 12 team playoff is coming

Oh games that determine who wins the title absolutely have meaning. The playoff is very meaningful--bowls aren't.
Except that they very clearly are as I and others have clearly shown in this thread (and others).
You don't have all the fact regarding this so you can't be upset if others make conclusions without them. You having the facts about Paterno is relevant.
I have not made any conclusions. Harbaugh is a known cheat and liar before this incident. Maybe this is nothing. I've only been pointing out facts (e.g. sign stealing is not illegal) and asking questions (what was Connor Stalion's actual job?).
How do you think I don't? Have I ever said anything negative about him in that regard?
I have no idea. But you accusing me of not having the facts suggests that you are attempting to talk shit about this. Bad idea. I would wager a paycheck I know more than you do on this topic.
Again, there's nothing to deflect from. I don't care about Michigan. I'll let things play out so I can make informed comments unlike you.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL. You are clearly a Michigan troll.

Reactions: bison13 and GSPMax
One interesting detail that happened overnight/this morning is that the staffer/analyst who is supposedly at the center of this is a USNA graduate (but apparently huge UM fan).

His internet presence (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter) is completely deleted as of this morning (i.e. it shows up in google searches but the accounts have been deleted). Innocent people don't behave that way.

From his now deleted LinkedIn:

"

Connor Stalions - Football Analyst - University of Michigan

LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com › connor-stalions-230347174

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States · Football Analyst · University of Michigan
Connor Stalions · Michigan Football Defensive Analyst | Marine Corps Veteran
---

Also, Connor Stalions is an amazing name. It sounds made up so it almost certainly has to be real.
I can’t imagine leaving it up and the amount of stuff that people would be sending your way.
Allegation made that PSU was involved. Evidence that Schiano is one making accusations

F85NJAwX0AAVaeO
so shiano knew he was going to lose the game so he used the first half of the game to test and see if UM knew the signals? . I mean it’s Rutgers but that seems pretty strange for a coach to do. 99% of teams change their signals weekly.

I'd love to know how the NCAA figures that a Defense calling out fake signals is a Penalty - including clapping to simulate the QB (a PF Penalty I believe in the Sportsmanship Category), but it's perfectly legal to steal signals as long as you don't violate "scouting rules"??? How is that consistent - if it's illegal for a Defense to call out fake snap signals, then it should be illegal for a program to attempt to "steal" signals, playbooks, etc... at the Institutional Level as well.
Ncaa needs to put ear pieces in the QB helmet. It’s been long overdue

I can’t imagine leaving it up and the amount of stuff that people would be sending your way.

so shiano knew he was going to lose the game so he used the first half of the game to test and see if UM knew the signals? . I mean it’s Rutgers but that seems pretty strange for a coach to do. 99% of teams change their signals weekly.
I think you are reading a lot more into it

Except that they very clearly are as I and others have clearly shown in this thread (and others).

I have not made any conclusions. Harbaugh is a known cheat and liar before this incident. Maybe this is nothing. I've only been pointing out facts (e.g. sign stealing is not illegal) and asking questions (what was Connor Stalion's actual job?).

I have no idea. But you accusing me of not having the facts suggests that you are attempting to talk shit about this. Bad idea. I would wager a paycheck I know more than you do on this topic.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. You are clearly a Michigan troll.
Stating you care about something doesn't make it meaningful.

You have made assumptions without the facts. Just reality.

Your obsession with justice for Paterno doesn't make you more knowledgeable just biased.

When you accuse someone of being a fan of another team or a troll it means you don't have an argument

A post season sanction is worthless. Either place them on probation right now and ban them from the B1G title and all post season, or don't bother.

Jimmy ain't coming back next year, this is Pete Carroll part 2. Hammer him now because not 1 single Michigan fan is going to give one single $hit about a National Championship that the NCAA declares null and void in August of 2024.
Not only that, but they will also take away the Big 10 title and take away all their wins the past 2 years. All those OSU wins, gone.
Michael Richards Yes GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Last year apparently Stallions was approached by the coaching staff of a CONFERENCE opponent and 3 members of that staff grabbed him and said "we know what you are doing and we think it's f'ed up...". The word is it happened with members of a staff that was not Osu or psu...I mean the staff members who yelled at him were from a B1G east staff other than the big 3.

My sources are pretty sure it was Indiana

• Haha
Reactions: bluehair666
so shiano changed up signals at the half, and his team got beat worse than in the first half..how does this bolster your arguement?..it's been out there today that osu among others suspected UM of stealing signs last year..as a result, coaches with osu have gone on record that osu changed their signals before the UM game..so, all the talk about that's how they beat osu really don't pass the smell test

Not only that, but they will also take away the Big 10 title and take away all their wins the past 2 years. All those OSU wins, gone.
Michael Richards Yes GIF
Meaningless. Either man the f up and hit them this year or go suck your thumb in the corner.

We know which one the ncaa will do

Reactions: tlbakernc
Michael Richards Yes GIF
Honest question--do you think USC fans actually care their 2004 title was vacated or do you think they still claim it?

I feel like Michigan fans are still going to claim the victories even if they are vacated. Not saying they should but I sure as hell wasn't pretending Penn State didn't win all the games the NCAA/BOT tried to take away from us.

Last year apparently Stallions was approached by the coaching staff of a CONFERENCE opponent and 3 members of that staff grabbed him and said "we know what you are doing and we think it's f'ed up...". The word is it happened with members of a staff that was not Osu or psu...I mean the staff members who yelled at him were from a B1G east staff other than the big 3.

My sources are pretty sure it was Indiana
There's an article on this that proves it nimrod blue hair

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
I just remember it because I have a buddy who went to ND and gave him an endless hard time about this quote after Weis completely pooped himself in South Bend.
Precisely, and the punch line of course being that weis’s “genius” with the pats was fueled by sign stealing.

Reactions: WaylonJ
Apparently Harbaugh has been waiting for the right opportunity. Chargers have a future hall of fame QB that will play another 8-10 years. That’s a perfect opportunity. I’m a Chargers fan. I’m less than please to see a wack job like Harbaugh on our sidelines.
Oh--you like Herbert way too much

Since our boy @Westcoast24 loves to laugh at most posts, I’m going to make it a policy to reciprocate 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m definitely in arrears given all his posts, but I’m looking forward to doing this on a going forward basis 🤣

Since our boy @Westcoast24 loves to laugh at most posts, I’m going to make it a policy to reciprocate 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m definitely in arrears given all his posts, but I’m looking forward to doing this on a going forward basis 🤣
Appreciate the likes. Because I think you are a nice guy I will do the same to all your posts I see.

Apparently Harbaugh has been waiting for the right opportunity. Chargers have a future hall of fame QB that will play another 8-10 years. That’s a perfect opportunity. I’m a Chargers fan. I’m less than please to see a wack job like Harbaugh on our sidelines.
Maybe Franklin will want to give the NFL a try and Chargers could hire him.

• Haha
Reactions: tlbakernc

I get deleting facebook/twitter whatever, but linkedin is pretty professional. I'm not aware that it is common to harass people on there.

Stating you care about something doesn't make it meaningful.
Yes it does. There is no inherent meaning in ANYTHING. In other words, to someone who thinks football is silly, nothing about football matters. Similarly, I do not care about baseball. Not even a little bit. None of it is important (to me).

If you want to be ridiculous and operationally define bowls as "not important" you can, but your opinion is only relevant to you. They DO matter to a lot of other people in the same way that baseball is important to other people (but not me).
You have made assumptions without the facts. Just reality.
I haven't made any assumptions.
Your obsession with justice for Paterno doesn't make you more knowledgeable just biased.
I assure you that I am more knowledgable which I why I want to see justice.
When you accuse someone of being a fan of another team or a troll it means you don't have an argument
No PSU fan talks the way you talk.

Reactions: Psubiomed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT