ADVERTISEMENT

More Trouble Brewing in Ann Arbor?

Yes it does. There is no inherent meaning in ANYTHING. In other words, to someone who thinks football is silly, nothing about football matters. Similarly, I do not care about baseball. Not even a little bit. None of it is important (to me).

If you want to be ridiculous and operationally define bowls as "not important" you can, but your opinion is only relevant to you. They DO matter to a lot of other people in the same way that baseball is important to other people (but not me).

I haven't made any assumptions.

I assure you that I am more knowledgable which I why I want to see justice.

No PSU fan talks the way you talk.
It doesn't. True meaning is on a larger scale than "bowl games are fun"
Whether you care about it or not the World Series has meaning. Spring Training games, where there's wins and losses, don't.

You have made assumptions. Based on what do you believe you're more knowledgeable? Your unwavering support or your anger at everyone else?

No Penn State talks how? Honestly. I praise and criticize the program as everyone should do. Only praising isn't being a fan.

Honestly, I don't think Harbaugh is an elite coach. My concern is that they get someone like Lance Leipold to replace him. I can't even fathom what he could do there given his success at Kansas. Though maybe they'd do something stupid and hire Prime, O'Brien or Mike Hart. Who knows?

I also wonder if Dabo would run for that job

Michigan suspends outside analyst, Conner Stalions. This is "with pay" pending the NCAA investigation. I don't think this is that big of deal since "with pay" typically means they don't have hard evidence but need to keep him away from the program until this is resolved.

Michigan suspends outside analyst, Conner Stalions. This is "with pay" pending the NCAA investigation. I don't think this is that big of deal since "with pay" typically means they don't have hard evidence but need to keep him away from the program until this is resolved.

Or can you say “Diversionary Sacrificial Lamb” until the BIG and UM construct the proper cover story. Really, it could be either.

Honestly, I don't think Harbaugh is an elite coach. My concern is that they get someone like Lance Leipold to replace him. I can't even fathom what he could do there given his success at Kansas. Though maybe they'd do something stupid and hire Prime, O'Brien or Mike Hart. Who knows?

I also wonder if Dabo would run for that job
Dabo is the south through and through. I'd imagine its Clemson until he retires with only Alabama being a consideration since its his alma mater.

Good point re: evidence, although it is certainly possible that the Big Ten and/or NCAA *do* have the evidence and have just not shared with Michigan yet.

It doesn't. True meaning is on a larger scale than "bowl games are fun"
Whether you care about it or not the World Series has meaning. Spring Training games, where there's wins and losses, don't.

You have made assumptions. Based on what do you believe you're more knowledgeable? Your unwavering support or your anger at everyone else?

No Penn State talks how? Honestly. I praise and criticize the program as everyone should do. Only praising isn't being a fan.
There is no such thing as "true meaning." All meaning (in this sense) is qualitatively/operationally defined. See my baseball example. Or if you prefer, opera has no meaning to me, but means a lot to some people.

I believe I am more knowledgable because I have done more research on this topic than all than about 10 people in the world. You are not one of those 10 people.

You are overly critical in a way that is hyperbolic. You are either a parody or a troll.

Reactions: Psubiomed
There is no such thing as "true meaning." All meaning (in this sense) is qualitatively/operationally defined. See my baseball example. Or if you prefer, opera has no meaning to me, but means a lot to some people.

I believe I am more knowledgable because I have done more research on this topic than all than about 10 people in the world. You are not one of those 10 people.

You are overly critical in a way that is hyperbolic. You are either a parody or a troll.
There is something as "true meaning"
Research on only supportive topics?
How am I overly critical? Tell me what is the most negative thing you believe I've said. I've been extremely positive about this team and think 2024 will be even better. Pretending we're perfect isn't realistic for any team. I've criticized Michigan's schedule as much as our schedule.

That could be true. Bama does make the most sense for him.
This did make me think of how coaches from beyond the south (west, northeast, midwest) rarely find success in the SEC (and I'd include Clemson and FSU by extension).
  • Saban is one (MSU to LSU).
  • Urban Meyer at Florida is another.
  • Lane Kiffin is interesting since Tennessee was a blip, he did the OC work at Bama, then Florida Int'l before Ole Miss.
  • Bielema failed at Arkansas
  • Leach at Miss State was okay. He didnt elevate them.
  • McElwain at Florida was a fail.
  • Morehead was middling at Miss State as well.
I'm sure there are loads of others but you get my point.

I wonder -- has there been a coach from SEC country whose gone on to Pac12, B10, ACC and found great success? I'm sure there are but my mind draws a blank. Dan Lanning? But maybe its too early for that one.

Reactions: LandoComando

The Commando is not a Penn State fan, which should be abundantly obvious by now.

On the other hand, his shtick is comically entertaining.

Re Harbaugh, I think this will be his last year at Michigan. The NFL is beckoning with a lucrative deal, and this latest Wolverine scandal, which sounds pretty big, will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Michigan's cheating messed with Ohio State, one of the Sacred Cows. That's a no-no.

This did make me think of how coaches from beyond the south (west, northeast, midwest) rarely find success in the SEC (and I'd include Clemson and FSU by extension).
  • Saban is one (MSU to LSU).
  • Urban Meyer at Florida is another.
  • Lane Kiffin is interesting since Tennessee was a blip, he did the OC work at Bama, then Florida Int'l before Ole Miss.
  • Bielema failed at Arkansas
  • Leach at Miss State was okay. He didnt elevate them.
  • McElwain at Florida was a fail.
  • Morehead was middling at Miss State as well.
I'm sure there are loads of others but you get my point.

I wonder -- has there been a coach from SEC country whose gone on to Pac12, B10, ACC and found great success? I'm sure there are but my mind draws a blank. Dan Lanning? But maybe its too early for that one.
Definitely too early for Lanning but I 100% get your point

Finally someone else gets it because I called this clown out last year directly after the Michigan game when he showed his tell just like Teddy KGB eating his Oreos in Rounders

Reactions: Thomas1945

As long as he's on the payroll they can control him.

Finally someone else gets it because I called this clown out last year directly after the Michigan game when he showed his tell just like Teddy KGB eating his Oreos in Rounders
What do you mean “finally”, most people here have had his number for sometime. Unfortunately he’s as annoying as hemorrhoids and persistent as herpes.

Article lays it all out:

If Stalions and others were indeed traveling to games to film the signals of opponents it would be the most widespread sign-stealing scandal in modern U.S. sports. Both the Astros and Patriots had their own scandals, however both centered on using recording equipment in their own facilities to gather information on their opponents. Where the Michigan allegations differ is having employees travel to away games and potentially film inside their stadiums, which is far beyond the scope of that the Astros and Patriots did.

Both the Yahoo and ESPN reports peg 2021 as the start of this potential scheme. This coincides with Harbaugh having success inside the program. In the six seasons prior under Harbaugh the Wolverines had a combined record of 49-22, since the scheme allegedly began the team has seen a tremendous jump in play, posting a 29-3 record.
This notably comes predominantly on the defensive side of the ball, where the alleged sign-stealing take place.

Prior to the alleged sign-stealing in 2021 Michigan had an average rank of 31 in points allowed under Harbaugh. Since the alleged scheme began that has risen to an average rank of 5th.

Very fortunate for Penn State that this Michigan thing becomes public now. It's possible PSU has know about this for a long time. Maybe they suspected this after last year?

They have time to counter-prepare for this and change signs the week Michigan comes to the Beav. They should assume Michigan has their signs and will use them, so they need to change it up.

Very fortunate for Penn State that this Michigan thing becomes public now. It's possible PSU has know about this for a long time. Maybe they suspected this after last year?

They have time to counter-prepare for this and change signs the week Michigan comes to the Beav. They should assume Michigan has their signs and will use them, so they need to change it up.
I read one article that said that it is suspected the UM knew the plays last year. The article stated that UM ran to the play a number of times which defied normal odds. There is a video of a halftime question of Schiano, during Rutgers Michigan game that "something weird is going on". And he changed the signs up in the second half. In the most recent article "Explained", the writer said that two teams who played UM this year questioned if the play calling was rigged. In another article I read, it said that upcoming coaches and AD's were "stunned" when they were notified of the allegations. The other states the Sparty threatened to not play which would imply they felt this had happened to them previously and/or had strong feelings that UM had done this already this year.

F85lp4IWEAAkTZB

Yes it does. There is no inherent meaning in ANYTHING. In other words, to someone who thinks football is silly, nothing about football matters. Similarly, I do not care about baseball. Not even a little bit. None of it is important (to me).

If you want to be ridiculous and operationally define bowls as "not important" you can, but your opinion is only relevant to you. They DO matter to a lot of other people in the same way that baseball is important to other people (but not me).

I haven't made any assumptions.

I assure you that I am more knowledgable which I why I want to see justice.

You're trying to explain basic reality to a complete nutjob sf douchebag. I put the troll on ignore since the board administrators won't do anything about him incessantly lighting up the board with his troll inanity and nonsense.

The Commando is not a Penn State fan, which should be abundantly obvious by now.

On the other hand, his shtick is comically entertaining.

Re Harbaugh, I think this will be his last year at Michigan. The NFL is beckoning with a lucrative deal, and this latest Wolverine scandal, which sounds pretty big, will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Michigan's cheating messed with Ohio State, one of the Sacred Cows. That's a no-no.
You are right regarding lc, I have figured that out as well. He’s definitely from another school in this conference, and I think it’s Michigan. I also believe meatchicken is going down for this because of impacting OSU. If it was a transgression vs PSU or Iowa, it would be brushed under the rug.

Clearly you are not familiar with PSU's stellar ability to negotiate against itself.
Fair point but that doesn't negate the importance of making the playoffs with it expanding to 12. If we're not in the playoff we're at best the 4th team in the conference. Probably 5th or 6th. Even he can't survive that for long. He's not Mike Tomlin.

The more I think about this, depending on the degrees of separation Jimmy set up for himself, and how many assistant coaches are willing to fall on their sword with a promise of future employment. JH has a good chance of walking away clean as a whistle.
Football is a funny game. There’s always someone willing to hire a coach with a closet full of skeletons. Hell, what am I saying, someone will hire him even if he claims the whole idea was his.

The more I think about this, depending on the degrees of separation Jimmy set up for himself, and how many assistant coaches are willing to fall on their sword with a promise of future employment. JH has a good chance of walking away clean as a whistle.
Football is a funny game. There’s always someone willing to hire a coach with a closet full of skeletons. Hell, what am I saying, someone will hire him even if he claims the whole idea was his.
It could be interesting for a couple reasons. First, if the 2021 timing holds up it takes a fair bit of shine off his success at Ann Arbor. Not counting that odd ball 2020 season, his teams were good for 3-5 losses a year. Suddenly, roughly around the time the alleged cheating started, they transformed into a program that has only lost 3 games in 2 1/2 seasons, one in the CFB playoff. That is going to give potential employers something to think about - can he do better than that his first five years at Michigan without cheating and how much to I pay him to find out? Second, it's going to be hard to convince anyone that he didn't know. A coach can claim he wasn't aware of what his players were doing after practice or away from the football facilities, but few will buy the claim that he didn't know what was happening when it affected what was happening during games. If he wasn't aware of it, he wasn't really functioning as HC.

Apparently Harbaugh has been waiting for the right opportunity. Chargers have a future hall of fame QB that will play another 8-10 years. That’s a perfect opportunity. I’m a Chargers fan. I’m less than please to see a wack job like Harbaugh on our sidelines.
I suspect a lot of the opportunities are looking righter by the minute.

Reactions: tlbakernc
once again, just allegations at this point..although, i do see a pattern of the ncaa leaking what they choose to, violating their own rules..are they stealing signs?..don't know, don't care, part of the game...
Can you please cite the NCAA rule violated by the NCAA and Big Ten warning future opponents about it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT