ADVERTISEMENT

More Trouble Brewing in Ann Arbor?

Video Evidence of Connor Stallons cheating and giving the play to UM Defensive Coordinator Jesse Minter. Ohio State is promptly stuffed on 2nd and 3rd and goal...
So the video shows stallion standing on the DCs shoulder yelling into the DCs ear right before he calls the defense

Reactions: bison13
A lot of smoke here. If the ncaa has his laptop it could get interesting
It is proven that Michigan broke the rule. Only question is how much Harbaugh knew. No reason for Michigan staffer to buy tickets to 30 Big Ten games. Certainly wasn't doing it as a fan.

Reactions: tlbakernc
It is proven that Michigan broke the rule. Only question is how much Harbaugh knew. No reason for Michigan staffer to buy tickets to 30 Big Ten games. Certainly wasn't doing it as a fan.
If a low level stagger stuff next to the DC for the entire tOSU game he certainly knew

Reactions: tlbakernc
What are the sanctions looking like? Last 3 seasons wins vacated. 10 scholarships reduced/year. Record fine?
Don’t forget this is on top of the previous issues that caused Michigan to suspend the head coach for the first four games. I believe he got caught lying to him NCAA investigator on some very minor recruiting violations.

I'm not 100% sure it matters how much Harbaugh knew. The NCAA now operates under the assumption that the head coach knows everything that happens in their program. They can try to prove they didn't know, but that's tricky and also opens you up to the "you should have known this was going on."

I'm not 100% sure it matters how much Harbaugh knew. The NCAA now operates under the assumption that the head coach knows everything that happens in their program. They can try to prove they didn't know, but that's tricky and also opens you up to the "you should have known this was going on."
What level infraction would this be if proven?

I'm curious to see what happens if things play out how they look
I don't believe the NCAA will actually do anything(I believe the Sandusky situation killed their power) so it will be up to the Big Ten.

It's completely absurd for anyone to suggest that Harbaugh had no knowledge of this. You have a guy standing beside your coordinators feeding them the oppositions plays based on signs and the Head Coach is clueless that this is going on?

C'mon now. Just isn't possible.

It's completely absurd for anyone to suggest that Harbaugh had no knowledge of this. You have a guy standing beside your coordinators feeding them the oppositions plays based on signs and the Head Coach is clueless that this is going on?

C'mon now. Just isn't possible.
I actually agree with you here and I’m a Michigan fan. What I find even more amazing is that there are this many high level teams that don’t change their signs from week to week. That’s done at lower levels of ball.

I actually agree with you here and I’m a Michigan fan. What I find even more amazing is that there are this many high level teams that don’t change their signs from week to week. That’s done at lower levels of ball.

It would seem hard to change all your signs week to week. The playbook itself is tough to remember. Much less that Wisconsin Purple Rolex is one play this week and another play next week and then another the week after that.

I think an appropriate penalty for the violation would be to prevent four coaches directly beneath the offensive and defensive coordinators from coaching for the rest of the year. Such as the linebackers coach or the offensive line coach. Michigan obtained an illegal competitive advantage and needs to be penalized for that. Also, it appears that Harbaugh was lying about not being aware of it.

Last edited:
I think an appropriate penalty for the violation would be to prevent four coaches directly beneath the offensive and defensive coordinators from coaching for the rest of the year. Such as the linebackers coach or the offensive line coach. Michigan obtained an illegal competitive advantage and needs to be penalized for that. Also, it appears that Harbaugh was lying about not being aware of it.
Lol. You know you are rooting for Michigan against psu like all other buckeye fans

Lol. You know you are rooting for Michigan against psu like all other buckeye fans
I think you greatly underestimate our hated for Michigan. I would be THRILLED if you guys beat them. If we don't go to the B1G championship, I sure as hell don't want the snot eating weasels to go.

I think you greatly underestimate our hated for Michigan. I would be THRILLED if you guys beat them. If we don't go to the B1G championship, I sure as hell don't want the snot eating weasels to go.
Put your money where your mouth is: Start a "go psu beat Michigan thread" on here and I will believe you. Then we will call out all buck fans to post on it.

Did anyone else notice PSU using wristbands this week? I hadn't noticed that yet this year. I have to imagine it is related (get used to them prior to Michigan)

Reactions: bison13
Since it directly affects competition on the field, I would think Level I. And if you count every instance as an infraction that's 30 (that we know about) Level I infractions.

"Provide... a competitive or other advantage"
"Seriously undermine or threaten the integrity of college sports"

This is quite serious.
Any post season sanctions are meaningless. If they're guilty you hit them THIS SEASON with forfeits and no post season. Period.

Since it directly affects competition on the field, I would think Level I. And if you count every instance as an infraction that's 30 (that we know about) Level I infractions.

"Provide... a competitive or other advantage"
"Seriously undermine or threaten the integrity of college sports"

This is quite serious.
More than that. Thirty trips plus every game they played using this info. Plus any coaches meetings they discussed this. Plus texts, emails, phone calls. Plus assistance by staff in scheduling trips.

More than that. Thirty trips plus every game they played using this info. Plus any coaches meetings they discussed this. Plus texts, emails, phone calls. Plus assistance by staff in scheduling trips.
I'm sure the NCAA has some latitude as to how they want to count them. But 30 (as a minimum) seems easily proveable. And I'm sure that would be enough for quite the harsh penalty.

Reactions: Jerry
Any post season sanctions are meaningless. If they're guilty you hit them THIS SEASON with forfeits and no post season. Period.
Do you hit them before the NCAA completes its investigation? Or are you suggesting the big ten does it without the investigation from the NCAA?

Do you hit them before the NCAA completes its investigation? Or are you suggesting the big ten does it without the investigation from the NCAA?
Yep, that’s the problem. Have to complete the investigation first so nothing happens this season. Then they get hit and the whole coaching staff goes the NFL scott free. And the players that had nothing to do with….AFAIK…..are the ones punished.

Just like the USC scandal.

Did anyone else notice PSU using wristbands this week? I hadn't noticed that yet this year. I have to imagine it is related (get used to them prior to Michigan)
I think they read this way

Play 1: Drew drop back and freak out and throw off balance
Play 2: Drew run up to the center like a chicken with his head cut off then change the play and repeat freak out and throw off the wrong foot
Play 3: Everybody freak out at the same time and put 12 guys in the huddle on 3rd and 1
Play 4: Wide receivers run the wrong patterns
Play 5: Everyone block the wrong guy
Play 6: Nourzad freak out and bounce the snap to Drew, Drew get scared and throw wildly to the wrong receiver....this will be our bread and butter play.

😂

Yep, that’s the problem. Have to complete the investigation first so nothing happens this season. Then they get hit and the whole coaching staff goes the NFL scott free. And the players that had nothing to do with….AFAIK…..are the ones punished.

Just like the USC scandal.
If they get punished but agreed. It's a huge flaw with the system

I feel like there must be a way to impose sanctions more quickly.

For example if PSU decided they were going to sneak Saquon, Parsons, Mike G and Godwin all onto the field to play against Michigan and got caught, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let them keep doing this through the CFP and then vacate it later.

Has to be an expedited process to deal with things like this.

I know one thing for certain. Although I hate them both I will be rooting for Michigan when they play...and no, there won't be any tiebreaker because we ain't even beating Maryland let alone Michigan

I feel like there must be a way to impose sanctions more quickly.

For example if PSU decided they were going to sneak Saquon, Parsons, Mike G and Godwin all onto the field to play against Michigan and got caught, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let them keep doing this through the CFP and then vacate it later.

Has to be an expedited process to deal with things like this.
Exactly. You make the investigation finish up either this week or next week and when you have enough evidence you punish them. Period.

Harbaugh gives zero f#&ks after January 2024. He is long gone by February.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT