ADVERTISEMENT

Most to least worried Quarterfinals edition

RB-Old

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2020
Ok you cool cats and kittens, how are your nerves heading into the quarterfinals?

For me here is my rankings from most to least worried

1. Bartlett- Matthews is a tough customer, Beau has never seen him (70% worried)
2. Haines- See above (70% worried)
3. Brooks- He crushed Romero who wanted no part of him at B1Gs but Brooks has shown that he can get caught if he lets it fly (20% worried)
4. RBY- I never like it when guys can't get out from bottom (15% worried)
5. Starocci- Starocci is wrestling really solid and is careful not to leave himself open (10% worried)
6. SVN- He's on a different planet than Rooks (10% worried)
7. Kerk- Unless there is an injury or an earthquake Kerk ain't losing this one (5% worried)

Last edited:
Ok you cool cats and kittens, how are your nerves heading into the quarterfinals?

1. Bartlett- Matthews is a tough customer, Beau has never seen him (70% worried)
3. Brooks- He crushed Romero who wanted no part of him at B1Gs but Brooks has shown that he can get caught if he lets it fly (20% worried)
5. Starocci- Starocci is wrestling really solid and is careful not to leave himself open (10% worried)
7. Kerk- Unless there is an injury or an earthquake Kerk ain't losing this one (5% worried)
Oh boy, the pleasure of varying degrees of worry.

My gut tells me that Haines is simply too positionally sound for Andonian. That being said, I was hoping we wouldn’t have to find out.

Reactions: RB-Old and therod
Most to least:
Haines
Bartlett
SVN
RBY
Brooks
Starocci
Kerk

Reality is that I am worried in the first 2, mildly worried with SVN, absolutely stunned about the last 4 losing.

Haines and BB worries stem more from their opponents than anything else. Solid, title-caliber guys. Those will always worry me.

Reactions: Creek Side
Big 4 (RBY, Starocci, Brooks, Kerk) take care of business. 0% concerned.

Levi & Bartlett are at worst toss ups. Vastly different opponents. 50% concerned.

SVN, maybe 5% concerned. Just because I’m actually not concerned at all. And that concerns me 😁

Dean’s path the next 3 isn’t bad. He’s got to wrestle better tho. 75% concerned he AAs.

My gut tells me that Haines is simply too positionally sound for Andonian. That being said, I was hoping we wouldn’t have to find out.
IMO it's been talked about all season. I view Levi getting past Andonian to be a right of passage of sorts. I really enjoy watching Andonian. He would have been perfect in our program, a dash of Nolf in his style. No. Matter my money is on Levi. You ain't a wrestling fan if your not excited about this one!

1- bartlett, always has issues with sound strong positional wrestlers. 2- haines, true freshman against a seasoned big move guy at nationals. 3- van ness R freshman maybe play it to close to the vest instead of going out and getting it. RBY not worried, just has to score on his feet and not take bottom, kid is dangerous on top. The other 3 if they lose just wasn’t meant to be because they are much better.

Before the tournament, I was telling my wife to look out for Shane Van Ness. Then the match with Miller started and I was "oh, well, so much for my prognostications". But a fire got lit under Van Ness and the rest of the weight class better look out.

Reactions: nitlion6

200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT