ADVERTISEMENT

MY GAME 3 BREAKDOWN (Hide The Guns and Liquor)

Nihilist Rodgers

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SoCal
1) Clifford simply played up to his ability.. kid won 5 in row last year.. interesting that the team practiced for the 5 games we won.. crazy huh? @SJLuvsLions Kid is good.. we threw more seam and inside routes in one game than we did his prior 25.. imagine that coming at Derek Mason. He sucks throwing deep.. but is FLAWLESS Intermediate to Shallow Deep right now.. you can win like that.

2) Auburn had 3 NFL RB's (one didn't play) 2 NFL LB's an and NFL (DT). Interesting that Derek Mason (Vandy and Stanford) is their DC.. their D looked lost and was easily out-formationed. Bammer, Jawja, and Flerda get the cream of the crop, Auburn gets some bad kids whose guardians flirt with bagmen. Thru the years it shows, they are simple bunch. I'd bet 70% of their Team can't read at a 10th grade level, and is easily duped by t-shirt printers moonlighting as agents.

3) @Thomas Frank Carr I told you the TE's were good, they showed it last year and were featured this game. Warren must be elite, to take plays from 2 NFL guys in front of him. My guess is that his QB smarts really have positioned him well.

4) Cain is STRUGGLING... he can't get thru a hole unless he is untouched.. Lee is like a racehorse but he keeps taking off without the ball. I'm thinking he is Tony Hunt with more "suddenness". Lovett is space.. I was worried he might fumble, he hasn't had live action for a while. Watching Cain run vs Lee, it's like Cain has no confidence or swagger at all right now. Dude only broke his foot, wasn't an ACL. I will say that my wife broke her foot and she whines like a PETA member at slaughterhouse about it.

5) Dotson.. we know.. Parker tough. KLS is the key.. a good 3rd guy is making it work.

6) Punting and KO's INVALUABLE

7) Our Interior got beat last night, we need some help at DT. We had to run blitz to stop anything.

8) The refs were atrocious.. beyond bad... like worst CFB game of the year bad. It looked like FEMA out there competency-wise. As bad as the calls were, we were short-spotted about 6 times. We really need Lee or a healthy Cain here, RB's simply need to beat the man in the gap for short-yardage and Cain can't do it right now. He goes down like professional sex worker in Tijuana every time he gets tapped. It seemed as though the refs marked us for MINIMAL instead of FORWARD PROGRESS every snap.

9) LB play was decent, this was a night when the RB's were just as good as they were. Far better than what Iowa or Whisky has at RB.
10) Secondary can tackle, anticipate, catch.. this is finally the secondary that CJF has been working to put together. Did not hear Jayir's name much? #1 Is the Best Safety we had since Zordich.

11) OL was better than it looked, Kevon found the holes... but once again back to Cain. Thankfully on the Cain Inside TD we schemed the idiots from Auburn out of their gaps and he basically fell into the end zone.

All for now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News