ADVERTISEMENT

MyGod. NHL refs

Broken record.
I know it gets talked about a lot........ but that may have been the worst single period of hockey officiating I've ever seen.

Calls that you KNOW the refs saw - - - literally inches from their eyes.
There just aren't words for how ungodly bad they are.

If the refs simply stayed in the locker rooms for the second period - it couldn't be any worse

BTW - Great period for Matt M

Reactions: TheGLOV
Said it before and I'll say it again. This is not an officiating problem. It's a league and as importantly NHLPA problem for not telling the stripes to call the freaking rulebook or they'll be unemployed. There's a threshold of tolerance in the poor quality of officiating that unleashes the "these guys are warriors" mentality. They'd rather market that tag line than the talents of the players this time of year. It's a disgrace.

It should make the league bleed money in a lawsuit and some justification from the NHLPA why they're more interested in protecting the ones getting away with the penalty as opposed to the one on the receiving end..

Last edited:
Really, that episode on Guentzel was 3 penalties that weren't called. They didn't call the crosscheck on Sheary until the 3rd one. And there is still interference all over the ice. Our forecheckers can't get in at all because they are being held up. Clearly, this is the type of game that they want. God only knows why.

Given the recent totally idiotic statements by the douchebag commissioner Bettman don't expect any changes. Even Milbury and Jones said they were putrid.

Given the recent totally idiotic statements by the douchebag commissioner Bettman don't expect any changes. Even Milbury and Jones said they were putrid.

Bettman serves at the behest of the owners (who are under substantial influence from the GMs that all want their teams to be competitive). If GMs first and foremost decided they wanted the junk called, they'd pass a directive to do so. Change starts there but the NHLPA should also be demanding stiffer penalties for hits from behind and head shots.

...how can you run at the goalie and knock him back into his goal and NOT get penalized???...

Bear hugging from behind inches away from the ref no calls. I think technology has surpassed the leagues evaluation system of the refs, fire em all. We all get judged at work.

No point getting irritated. They aren't going to call anything. They will give each team an occasional power play, equally both ways, just for the hell of it, but otherwise nothing is going to be called.

Well it's just not fair to the players, something's called, next time it's not called. No rhyme or reason. Absolutely no consistency.

And no one.....NO ONE.....is penalized for all the cheap crap that goes on and on and on after a whistle.

The game is getting harder and harder to watch.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Players are definitely using their sticks as weapons and someone is going to get seriously hurt by the lack of control of the game. I hate reactive calls instead of proactive. It leads to selective enforcement of rules which almost always leads to disparity. Does Betts even care.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and TheGLOV
Really, that episode on Guentzel was 3 penalties that weren't called. They didn't call the crosscheck on Sheary until the 3rd one. And there is still interference all over the ice. Our forecheckers can't get in at all because they are being held up. Clearly, this is the type of game that they want. God only knows why.

The reason must be TV money. This is the only way for the series to go more than 4 games........

It could go 100 games. Nobody will watch them if this is the way they are going to have things go. There is no bigger fan than I am, and I would never in a million years be watching this if my team weren't involved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT