ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska crushing Illinois in 1st Half

Why change the subject??? Make you feel better when you are proven wrong???

Our OL blocking is lacking for sure.

Think before you post lad......
You prove me wrong? Bwahaha. If our OLine blocking is lacking, so is everyone else in the conference. But nice try, Skippy.

The whole BIG is hot garbage, besides a few teams.

You couldn’t be more wrong

MD will be tough - they’re certainly as good as we are

There will be a glut of teams with undefeated records at the end of the year. The eye test matters, particularly if we’re trying to get in with 1 loss. Bad wins will kill our chances.
You picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue

Reactions: m.knox
Why change the subject??? Make you feel better when you are proven wrong???

Our OL blocking is lacking for sure.

Think before you post lad......
What did Nebraska's OL do vs Michigan?

There will be a glut of teams with undefeated records at the end of the year. The eye test matters, particularly if we’re trying to get in with 1 loss. Bad wins will kill our chances.
Every year at this time we hear about all the undefeated teams there will be and there always ends up being one.

Reactions: Westcoast24
You prove me wrong? Bwahaha. If our OLine blocking is lacking, so is everyone else in the conference. But nice try, Skippy.
Wow, "Skippy" we have the #81 and #102 RB's in the country, but are the best dual in the nation. Learn how to read, then post something with substance, and facts to back it up....Come back after we play Mich. If you are right, I will give you the respect. If not, don't continue to make excuses.

Wow, "Skippy" we have the #81 and #102 RB's in the country, but are the best dual in the nation. Learn how to read, then post something with substance, and facts to back it up....Come back after we play Mich. If you are right, I will give you the respect. If not, don't continue to make excuses.
I don’t need to “make excuses”, I don’t play or coach….but I guess you do.

What happened to matt rhules OL vs Michigan? 45-7????

Ps. What was joes record vs OSU and Michigan?
Took Joe ONE year to run the table in the Big Ten in his THIRD decade of coaching, and to hand OSU one of their worst losses in history. It has taken Michigan since the Truman administration to accomplish that same feat. But please carry on naysayers.

Bunch of undefeated teams lost today and it’s only week 6….there won’t be a glut of undefeated teams this year, just like there never is any year.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
Took Joe ONE year to run the table in the Big Ten in his THIRD decade of coaching, and to hand OSU one of their worst losses in history. It has taken Michigan since the Truman administration to accomplish that same feat. But please carry on naysayers.

Well, Joe was also a singularly unique figure in the history of college football. When he wanted to prove something (which was not frequent in his later years) it was like he could just flip a switch and have a great team. Like after having some of the worst PSU teams of the last 100 years in 2003-04, and realizing that he might actually get fired, he was like oh I should try to show that I can still win this year, and suddenly goes 11-1 and finishes #3 in the nation in 2005.

Well, Joe was also a singularly unique figure in the history of college football. When he wanted to prove something (which was not frequent in his later years) it was like he could just flip a switch and have a great team. Like after having some of the worst PSU teams of the last 100 years in 2003-04, and realizing that he might actually get fired, he was like oh I should try to show that I can still win this year, and suddenly goes 11-1 and finishes #3 in the nation in 2005.
If that was true then it puts a bit of a stain on his legacy because if he could win whenever he felt like it yet went through all those average years and down years, then he wouldn’t be the great coach everyone thought he was.

How about Rhule?

I don’t need to “make excuses”, I don’t play or coach….but I guess you do.
Last year vs Mich: Corum/Edwards rushed for 339 yards; Allen/Singleton "35 yards" When two RB's from another team out rushes the "two best RB's in college football" by over "300 yards" must be the OL Blocking. Good thing Mich didn't have Newton on their DL or we would have only run for "20 yards."

If that was true then it puts a bit of a stain on his legacy because if he could win whenever he felt like it yet went through all those average years and down years, then he wouldn’t be the great coach everyone thought he was.
all I am saying is that when Joe had something to prove, he was one of the greatest ever. had to prove a Northeast team could win a national title, which drove him basically through the early to mid-1980s. had to prove he could win in the Big Ten - you get 1994 and some of the players of the late 90s. He is actually on the hot seat, and you get 2005. when he didn't have something to prove, not so much. and not many who followed the entire arc of his coaching career could disagree with that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT