Matt Rhule is an ass, but he’s going to kick Franklin’s ass next time we meet

IMG-4571.gif

Reactions: bison13
Franklin > Rhule....easily
And we knew Illinois sucked (at the very latest) after last week against Purdue
Need Iowa to win tomorrow

Reactions: bison13
Illinois handed the game to Nebraska and they took it. Illinois had every opportunity to get a lead in the first half when they seemed to be moving the ball.

But if Illinois is not going to play more to win, maybe their top WR should consider coming to Happy Valley for the remainder of the season. A WR like him would make a big positive impact to the PSU offense....

Did you notice that Illinois DL didn't spend the entire evening in the backfield of Nebraska. Newton had a descent night but I saw him getting knocked around by Nebraska's OG's. On the other hand Newton was destroying our OG's. Both Nelson and Wormley were getting knocked around big time, sometimes on their butt by Newton.

Again something is definitely wrong with our OL run blocking.

Did you notice that Illinois DL didn't spend the entire evening in the backfield of Nebraska. Newton had a descent night but I saw him getting knocked around by Nebraska's OG's. On the other hand Newton was destroying our OG's. Both Nelson and Wormley were getting knocked around big time, sometimes on their butt by Newton.

Did you notice we had more yards rushing and a higher average per carry against Illinois than Nebraska did? Do some people ever think before they post?

You one game analyst jump to conclusion wonders hit your head on the nail yet again. Thanks for keeping the rest of us 😂 ing.

Did you notice we had more yards rushing and a higher average per carry against Illinois than Nebraska did? Do some people ever think before they post?
Did you notice both Nelson and Wormley getting thrown around like "rag dolls" by Newton, and Wormley getting flatten right on his butt.

Do some people that always have something to say never "think before they post"

Newton destroyed our OG's, but he didn't it to Nebraska.

'Watch the Illinois/PSU game again and learn something. Rushing yards don't mean squat when one DT destroys your OL!

And, please come back after the Michigan game. If I'm wrong, I will man up and admit you were right. This OL better improve big time before that game.

• Haha
Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Did you notice both Nelson and Wormley getting thrown around like "rag dolls" by Newton, and Wormley getting flatten right on his butt.

Do some people that always have something to say never "think before they post"

Newton destroyed our OG's, but he didn't it to Nebraska.

'Watch the Illinois/PSU game again and learn something. Rushing yards don't mean squat when one DT destroys your OL!
Apparently they did some rag dolling to the Nebraska OLine since they averaged 3 yards per carry. Maybe, just maybe, you’re a little harder on PSU than you are on Nebraska.

Did anyone notice Nebraska only has 3 wins?

And, please come back after the Michigan game. If I'm wrong, I will man up and admit you were right. This OL better improve big time before that game.
Why not just enjoy each game as it comes. Why the need to constantly look ahead?

What happened to matt rhules OL vs Michigan? 45-7????

Ps. What was joes record vs OSU and Michigan?

A couple of thoughts…

Newton played us fresher. When there’s only one guy making an impact on defense, that eventually will eventually wear that guy down.

We run a lot of zone blocking. It’s more flexible to react to whatever the defense is trying to do but harder for o-linemen to get leverage. The Steelers had the same complaints about the o-line this year and moved away from zone blocking (not that it helped).

Bielema’s teams are famous for playing both up to better opponents and down to lesser opponents.

Pay attention to other football teams and you’ll find 130 teams who fan base thinks their o-line sucks. In fact, I can only think of Michigan’s fan base as one who believes they have a good o-line.

Apparently they did some rag dolling to the Nebraska OLine since they averaged 3 yards per carry. Maybe, just maybe, you’re a little harder on PSU than you are on Nebraska.
Some posters here in the old psychiatric nomenclature would be classified as depressive depressives... what can anyone do about it....not much.

Reactions: AWS1022
A couple of thoughts…

Newton played us fresher. When there’s only one guy making an impact on defense, that eventually will eventually wear that guy down.

We run a lot of zone blocking. It’s more flexible to react to whatever the defense is trying to do but harder for o-linemen to get leverage. The Steelers had the same complaints about the o-line this year and moved away from zone blocking (not that it helped).

Bielema’s teams are famous for playing both up to better opponents and down to lesser opponents.

Pay attention to other football teams and you’ll find 130 teams who fan base thinks their o-line sucks. In fact, I can only think of Michigan’s fan base as one who believes they have a good o-line.
and Michigan fans think that they have the best OLine in 20 years or something

probably

😁

And got manhandled by Michigan and Colorado.
But, Nebraska was not manhandled by Illinois, i,e, Newton who was in our backfield all night.

According to this board we have the two best RB's in college football. Allen is ranked #81 in the country in rushing, and Singleton is ranked "102" in the country.

Another excuse is fine if it has some validity.

Franklin > Rhule (though Prime > Rhule which most won't admit) so the OP is crazy but the rest of the discussion is a bad Nebraska team was about comparable to our run game against Illinois

We'd beat Nebraska by 30+ but there are valid concerns as we look forward to playing Michigan and Ohio State.

For the 100th time, being a fan doesn't mean you ignore issues with your team. It would be like me believing Pickett can win the Steelers a SB. Take off the blue & white shades and let's have a real discussion

But, Nebraska was not manhandled by Illinois, i,e, Newton who was in our backfield all night.

According to this board we have the two best RB's in college football. Allen is ranked #81 in the country in rushing, and Singleton is ranked "102" in the country.

And we’re 5-0….what’s Nebraska’s record? And who have they played?

I turned the game on at 3-0 and Nebraska got up 17-0 rather quick. I saw Illinois throw a deep shot to get the score 17-7, but fell asleep during halftime. I like to offer more insight but the West is just a bunch of crappy offensive teams with no depth on defense.

Illinois looks like shit. But 2 incompetent teams. If Nebraska wasn't so bad, they could have won by at least 34-10.

Wanna bet? That was a game between 2 crappy teams - cant wait for the end of divisions in the Big10 because the West is hot garbage.

you watched a different game than I did. I watched all of the second half. ILL's O gifted N's O all night long with possessions deep in ILL territory. Fumbles, interceptions, a failed fake punt, a missed easy fourth down. When I watched, N had gotten the ball deep on four occasions and came away with 3 points in the entire second half. ILL's D had to be exhausted having given up 37 to 22 Time of Possession. Newton, #4 who really hurt us, didn't get much credit but was in the backfield constantly while being double and triple-teamed on every play (N apparently watched tape).

Reactions: lazydave841
people like to claim other teams we beat are impressive wins

If Illinois was 5-1 today, I'd be ok saying it was a good win. Being that they lost to Kansas before they even played us, our win began its diminishing before we traveled to Champagne.

At 2-4, it's obvious they are not very good.

The little Johnny one stats keep keep quoting their favorite of 2 stats while ignoring the rest of them as well as the offensive and defensive sets being deployed. Yet, somehow these same yoyos claim PSU is running up the scores. How does that work?

Nah... forget that. Sorry I asked.

Wanna bet? That was a game between 2 crappy teams - cant wait for the end of divisions in the Big10 because the West is hot garbage.

The whole BIG is hot garbage, besides a few teams.
There are only 2 games that matter for us this year so who gives a sh&t about good or bad wins.

You couldn’t be more wrong

MD will be tough - they’re certainly as good as we are

There will be a glut of teams with undefeated records at the end of the year. The eye test matters, particularly if we’re trying to get in with 1 loss. Bad wins will kill our chances.

The whole BIG is hot garbage, besides a few teams.

You couldn’t be more wrong

MD will be tough - they’re certainly as good as we are

There will be a glut of teams with undefeated records at the end of the year. The eye test matters, particularly if we’re trying to get in with 1 loss. Bad wins will kill our chances.
Maryland is not as good as us lol

And we’re 5-0….what’s Nebraska’s record? And who have they played?
Why change the subject??? Make you feel better when you are proven wrong???

Our OL blocking is lacking for sure.

Think before you post lad......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT