ADVERTISEMENT

Need advice-Taking my son to college...

1476287978443.gif

The things you mention are small potatoes. I'm sure your son is a good kid and he'll adjust just fine. I would strongly suggest having a serious conversation about alcohol and drug abuse. Finally, the most important conversation of all in my opinion should revolve around safe sex and the threat of "all" STD's. Good Luck!!

He wanted to be a Psychologist and I talked him out of it. Forensic Science interested him and was near the top of lists for future areas that won’t have enough professionals to staff. He breezed through chemistry in high school.
It was just a play on words. Best wishes to your son.

Forensic science? Tell him to leave the dead bodies in the lab.
Its was at Pitt's medical school anatomy lab, someone stole the cadaver heads and rolled them onto the pitch prior to a rugby match. Circa 80's. Needless to say it did not go over well disrespecting the bodies of those who donated them to science.

One of the best pieces of advice I got, given that I was a bit introverted, was "never sit alone in your dorm room on a Saturday night". Mind you, I was a second year grad student before I had my first girlfriend--but that was the direct result of me being at the ice rink skating on a Saturday night, following that admonition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT