ADVERTISEMENT

Nelly Korda

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
for those who don't follow, she's been the best thing to women's golf in history. She's won something like 6 or 7 tournaments this season and has played lights out. So we come to this week where the US Women's Open is being played. the media has hyped her in golf circles to get ratings up.

She went out and scored a TEN on her second hole, a par three, where she put the ball in the water three times.

• Haha
Reactions: EPC FAN
for those who don't follow, she's been the best thing to women's golf in history. She's won something like 6 or 7 tournaments this season and has played lights out. So we come to this week where the US Women's Open is being played. the media has hyped her in golf circles to get ratings up.

She went out and scored a TEN on her second hole, a par three, where she put the ball in the water three times.

Pffft, hell I can do that.

Isn't this what happened at the end of Tin Cup?

It's great for ratings. I mean look at this thread as an example.

Isn't this what happened at the end of Tin Cup?

It's great for ratings. I mean look at this thread as an example.
On Tin Cup the player was trying to make a miraculous second shot over water. His option was to simply lay up (hit it shorter up to the edge of the water so he would have an easier shot over the water on his next stroke). In this case, it was a par three and she kept hitting it into the water without distance being an issue. She just mis-hit the ball (she's one of the best consistent ball strikers in history) with some kind of combination of a brain cramp.

Secondly, nobody is watching today. In fact, I've seen complaints that this happened and there is no video coverage of it. Bu10 the real problem is that these shows are watched on the weekends in the afternoon. Nelly ended up going +8 for her round and even if she makes the cut, won't be around for the TV coverage when the leaders tee off. In other words, it would be like Caitlin Clark being benched for the national championship game.

Last edited:
Here is the video. Apparently, she hit it into the sand on her tee shot. Then her chip out of the sand hit a sprinkler head and went into the drink. The hole was on the edge of a hard slope and her next two chips didn't go far enough up the green and rolled back into the water again. Dang girl.

Here is the video. Apparently, she hit it into the sand on her tee shot. Then her chip out of the sand hit a sprinkler head and went into the drink. The hole was on the edge of a hard slope and her next two chips didn't go far enough up the green and rolled back into the water again. Dang girl.

Been there before

Reactions: Sullivan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT