ADVERTISEMENT

Never, Ever count out 'Bama So do they get a spot in the top 4?

You just know Lando is rooting so hard for the moles tonight so Michigan gets FSU in the first semi

I don’t know. I sure wouldn’t want to be on the committee. The difference between the skills of the Alabama receivers and Penn State’s receivers is ridiculous.

I don't see how Georgia can be left out
Head to Head
Texas beat Bama
Bama beat Georgia

Unless of course Bama, FSU or Texas don't meat Herbie's eye test.

I got to go with Wash, Mich, FSU if they win and Texas
Although, I do think that Texas is the lesser team between Bama and Georgia.

Going to be plenty of crying tomorrow night.

Reactions: canuckhal
Head to Head
Texas beat Bama
Bama beat Georgia

Unless of course Bama, FSU or Texas don't meat Herbie's eye test.

I got to go with Wash, Mich, FSU if they win and Texas
Although, I do think that Texas is the lesser team between Bama and Georgia.

Going to be plenty of crying tomorrow night.
H2H is only used if teams are comparable
The job is "the BEST four teams"--Georgia and Bama should be in.
Do you think FSU is better than Texas and/or Bama?

H2H is only used if teams are comparable
The job is "the BEST four teams"--Georgia and Bama should be in.
Do you think FSU is better than Texas and/or Bama?

You're drinking the SEC Kool-Aid.

That conference will NOT (and shouldn't) get two teams in. No way.

You're drinking the SEC Kool-Aid.

That conference will NOT (and shouldn't) get two teams in. No way.
Why shouldn't they? Did you watch the SECCG?
It's not be drinking the Kool-Aid. It's you having bias against them because of how they're praised.

If there was a 12 team playoff this year with us likely being the 10 seed I guarantee everyone would be saying FSU is the team that shouldn't get the bye and that Georgia and Ohio State should also be ahead of them so we'd get them in the 7-10 matchup

And, if FSU loses. If FSU wins, they’ll be 3, and either Bama or Texas will be 4.
Unless FSU looks really good, I think they get left out with UGA and Alabama going in as 4 and 3 respectively. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but FSU's play-off hopes took a major hit when Travis got hurt and went on life support with the SEC result. The ACC looks weak, and Georgia or Alabama will get the nod based on nothing more than the always popular "eye test."

Last edited:
Reactions: LandoComando
Unless FSU looks really good, I think they get left out with UGA and Alabama going in as 4 and 3 respectively. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but FSU's play-off hopes to a major hit when Travis got hurt and went on life support with the SEC result. The ACC looks weak, and Georgia or Alabama will get the nod based on nothing more than the always popular "eye test."
This...the committee watched that game today. Eye test win.

Unless FSU looks really good, I think they get left out with UGA and Alabama going in as 4 and 3 respectively. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but FSU's play-off hopes took a major hit when Travis got hurt and went on life support with the SEC result. The ACC looks weak, and Georgia or Alabama will get the nod based on nothing more than the always popular "eye test."
I’d be extremely surprised to see a Power 5 conference champ go undefeated and get left home, when they also have a good non-conference win. They’ll almost certainly be in (with a win).

Reactions: doctornick
I don't see how Georgia can be left out

They were pretty much behind all game. Made it close at the end, but Bama was in control. Does that disqualify them from the top 4? Don't know, but it wasn't a good showing.

It’s easy. They always take conference champs over non champs with the same or more losses.
Then you are rewarding teams in weak conferences for not playing decent out of conference games. Teams like bama should be rewarded for playing the best possible competition. FSU is not the top 4, most likely top eight at best. I’ll leave UW out because at least they beat a good OU team. FSU is a pass for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT