ADVERTISEMENT

New ad from Gillette:

You’re not the only one with daughters. Most people on the board can discuss issues without being an a$$. Try it sometime.
Youll find telling me to stop will draw the F you. Every time. I work on this issue every day.

Reactions: Cosmos
Indoors or outdoors? :eek:
Indoor. I think he got the idea from Mac on “It’s Always Sunny”.

6rFzLKV.jpg

Gillette sells lotsa razors in blister packs or cellophane bags. In Grocery stores, where you grab 10 at a time without hardly looking at them. Women buy most of them.

Gillette sells lotsa razors in blister packs or cellophane bags. In Grocery stores, where you grab 10 at a time without hardly looking at them. Women buy most of them.
I agree with your premise that wives purchase the majority of razors for their husbands, but females are also known to be the more frugal half of a spousal pair and generally don’t purchase razors at grocery stores. They go to Walmart or Target to do so, in which case they pick up the generic brand....which isn’t Gillette.

Now when guys go shopping, which is rare, that’s a totally different story...:)

I agree with your premise that wives purchase the majority of razors for their husbands, but females are also known to be the more frugal of a spousal pair and generally don’t purchase razors at grocery stores. They go to Walmart or Target to do so, in which they pick up the generic brand....which isn’t Gillette.

Now when guys go shopping, which is rare, that’s a totally different story...:)
Could be right, but its 45 mins drive to a Walmart, so we dont go much. Just special occasions.:eek:

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
You mean like NFL fans who whined about the Anthem protests? Yeah, I agree.
I didn’t have a problem with it as free speech. Doing it on your employers time and stage is a matter for the employer to decide.
But as long as you are talking about whiners, consider that many of the NFL kneelers are multimillionaires who would qualify as bad examples for MeToo.

I didn’t have a problem with it as free speech. Doing it on your employers time and stage is a matter for the employer to decide.
But as long as you are talking about whiners, consider that many of the NFL kneelers are multimillionaires who would qualify as bad examples for MeToo.
But they aren't whining about you. You are whining about them .

Reactions: massimoManca II
But they aren't whining about you. You are whining about them .
Where ? I was just pointing out the irony involved.
I just said I didn’t have a problem with it as free speech. Want dig up some post of mine where I said they had no right to do it ? Good luck.

Where ? I was just pointing out the irony involved.
I just said I didn’t have a problem with it as free speech. Want dig up some post of mine where I said they had no right to do it ? Good luck.
All the employment rules of that relationship are bargained for. Money hours, conduct on and off field. So, not so sure the patriotism 5hing was bargained for, nor the relinquishment of 1st am rights.

All the employment rules of that relationship are bargained for. Money hours, conduct on and off field. So, not so sure the patriotism 5hing was bargained for, nor the relinquishment of 1st am rights.
I am certainly not a labor law expert, but people do get fired all of the time for saying things that their employers don’t like. Very few cases seem to come up challenging the Constitutionality of this.
I think it usually makes employers look petty and vindictive when they fire people over speech.

I am certainly not a labor law expert, but people do get fired all of the time for saying things that their employers don’t like. Very few cases seem to come up challenging the Constitutionality of this.
I think it usually makes employers look petty and vindictive when they fire people over speech.
Yes, some weathermen even get fired for stumbling over a name, while others get away with laughing at young men getting tortured when trying to do the news. Big difference is one was a male and one was a female.

I miss the days where companies just advertised their product, often with humor. Getting so tired of the politically correct virtue signaling in ads anymore. Gillette is apparently taking a beating on twitter over the ad.

That's why I enjoy watching 'Mad Men'. The nostalgia.

Look, it's incumbent upon each of us to be a good role model for the young men in our lives. I get that. But to keep talking about the ad only gives Gillette what it wants. My advice: ignore the damn thing. Don't let it change your purchasing habits and it will be an epic fail.

That's why I enjoy watching 'Mad Men'. The nostalgia.

Look, it's incumbent upon each of us to be a good role model for the young men in our lives. I get that. But to keep talking about the ad only gives Gillette what it wants. My advice: ignore the damn thing. Don't let it change your purchasing habits and it will be an epic fail.

Change your purchasing habits due to Gillette buying into and pushing the cancerous facade of "toxic masculinity" and Gillette will turn into an epic fail of a brand. Ignoring this type of PC garbage will only allow it to spread even further.

Reactions: MICH.Nit Fan
This discussion got me wondering about the Nike Kaepernick campaign. That sort of went away quietly from what I can see. I googled it a few different ways and the only press I see is from its original release.

I’m trying to be offended by this but I just don’t get it. People don’t think there’s a problem with bullying, sexual assault, and DV? Or everyone should just be quiet about it? What’s your plan for solving it if we’re not allowed to talk about, or encourage men to stop, or be an agent for stopping other men?

Change your purchasing habits due to Gillette buying into and pushing the cancerous facade of "toxic masculinity" and Gillette will turn into an epic fail of a brand. Ignoring this type of PC garbage will only allow it to spread even further.

Everything you need to know about Gillette's true intention is in its response to the outrage over the ad...

Pankaj Bhalla, Gillette’s brand director for North America, told Boston.com in a statement responding to the mixed feedback that the company felt “compelled” to address “an important conversation.”

We are taking a realistic look at what’s happening today, and aiming to inspire change by acknowledging that the old saying ‘Boys Will Be Boys’ is not an excuse,” Bhalla said. “We want to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and hope all the men we serve will come along on that journey to find our ‘best’ together.”

Gillette says it will begin reviewing all “public-facing content” and ads to make sure they “fully reflect the ideals of Respect, Accountability and Role Modeling.” The company also plans to donate a total of $3 million over the next three years to United States nonprofits “designed to help men of all ages achieve their personal ‘best.'” Their first partner in the campaign is The Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

https://www.boston.com/news/business/2019/01/14/gillette-ad-men-me-too

I've always found that change comes of its own accord. It doesn't need to be coaxed by an advertisement, masquerading as a public service announcement. The last thing we need is more Hollywood (or Madison Avenue) executives telling us what to think, how to behave, or imposing another "teachable moment" on us. What this is about is increasing sales revenue by drawing attention to the brand. Nothing more, nothing less. When you hold 70% of the market, as Gillette does, $3M over three years is but a drop in the advertising bucket. But alas, Gillette got what it wanted. It's got your attention.

I’m trying to be offended by this but I just don’t get it. People don’t think there’s a problem with bullying, sexual assault, and DV? Or everyone should just be quiet about it? What’s your plan for solving it if we’re not allowed to talk about, or encourage men to stop, or be an agent for stopping other men?

From some of the discussions we have had here, there are folks who think the explanation is that women have been empowered to make it up, and that bogus claims are 90 % of it.

Reactions: KnightSlayer
Everything you need to know about Gillette's true intention is in its response to the outrage over the ad...

Pankaj Bhalla, Gillette’s brand director for North America, told Boston.com in a statement responding to the mixed feedback that the company felt “compelled” to address “an important conversation.”

We are taking a realistic look at what’s happening today, and aiming to inspire change by acknowledging that the old saying ‘Boys Will Be Boys’ is not an excuse,” Bhalla said. “We want to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and hope all the men we serve will come along on that journey to find our ‘best’ together.”

Gillette says it will begin reviewing all “public-facing content” and ads to make sure they “fully reflect the ideals of Respect, Accountability and Role Modeling.” The company also plans to donate a total of $3 million over the next three years to United States nonprofits “designed to help men of all ages achieve their personal ‘best.'” Their first partner in the campaign is The Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

https://www.boston.com/news/business/2019/01/14/gillette-ad-men-me-too

I've always found that change comes of its own accord. It doesn't need to be coaxed by an advertisement, masquerading as a public service announcement. The last thing we need is more Hollywood (or Madison Avenue) executives telling us what to thing, how to behave, or imposing another "teachable moment" on us. What this is about is increasing sales revenue by drawing attention to the brand. Nothing more, nothing less. When you hold 70% of the market, as Gillette does, $3M over three years is but a drop in the advertising bucket. But alas, Gillette got what it wanted. It's got your attention.

Hollywood - and especially Madison Avenue - have always told us what to think, behave or impose some teachable moment - however most of them were far more subtle than this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT