ADVERTISEMENT

Sad news from District 11

Also just heard the news, crushed. First and foremost, Richmond is one of the all time great guys. Good person to the core, great for kids, in wrestling for the right reasons, and made a difference. Also was wise beyond his years in things like program building and the overall direction of the sport in the Valley and D11. Wrestling’s lost a really good person and a really good ally for the sport. This is gutting.

Sean was a hell of a competitor too. He’d never mention this, but he is one of a handful of people to beat Jake Varner, who Sean knocked off at Reno when he was a junior and Varner a sophomore. He was 5th and 4th at PIAA championships, and in 2004 he was a 1-0 match with Jarrod King in semis away from wrestling for a title. But his contribution to history was his 3-1 OTRO win over Billy Haydt of Northampton to win the epic 2004 Easton-Northampton D11 finals dual where they were 3 and 4 in the county, sending Easton to state duals and Northampton home. He hit a Peterson on Haydt in rideout, and when he rolled he came up facing the sold out Easton side ant Liberty going absolutely nuts as the reversal was awarded. I’ll see if I can find the picture, but it’s one of the great moments in D11 history.

Richmond badly tore the UCL in both elbows and had double Tommy John surgery headed into Pitt, which definitely affected his college career, though he was still an NCAA qualifier. After Pitt, he came back to Easton to teach social studies and as the full time varsity assistant. He was on staff for four straight D11 duals titles from 2010-2013, including the run to finals in 2011, and he cornered Mitch Minotti’s state title. He’s been the head coach and athletic director at Stroudsburg since 2017 and was coming up on his 100th career dual victory. Lenny Pinto was his first state champ as a head coach.

Richmond was a throwback, the kind of guy who was probably going to coach that program for the next 30 years and get the gym named after him after a lifetime of service, success, and mentoring young men and women. Wow this one hurts.

Very sad day indeed. Feel horrible for the family and especially his two young girls. He coached my stepson at Stroudsburg and everyone always spoke highly of him. Tough blow to the whole community.

Also just heard the news, crushed. First and foremost, Richmond is one of the all time great guys. Good person to the core, great for kids, in wrestling for the right reasons, and made a difference. Also was wise beyond his years in things like program building and the overall direction of the sport in the Valley and D11. Wrestling’s lost a really good person and a really good ally for the sport. This is gutting.

Sean was a hell of a competitor too. He’d never mention this, but he is one of a handful of people to beat Jake Varner, who Sean knocked off at Reno when he was a junior and Varner a sophomore. He was 5th and 4th at PIAA championships, and in 2004 he was a 1-0 match with Jarrod King in semis away from wrestling for a title. But his contribution to history was his 3-1 OTRO win over Billy Haydt of Northampton to win the epic 2004 Easton-Northampton D11 finals dual where they were 3 and 4 in the county, sending Easton to state duals and Northampton home. He hit a Peterson on Haydt in rideout, and when he rolled he came up facing the sold out Easton side ant Liberty going absolutely nuts as the reversal was awarded. I’ll see if I can find the picture, but it’s one of the great moments in D11 history.

Richmond badly tore the UCL in both elbows and had double Tommy John surgery headed into Pitt, which definitely affected his college career, though he was still an NCAA qualifier. After Pitt, he came back to Easton to teach social studies and as the full time varsity assistant. He was on staff for four straight D11 duals titles from 2010-2013, including the run to finals in 2011, and he cornered Mitch Minotti’s state title. He’s been the head coach and athletic director at Stroudsburg since 2017 and was coming up on his 100th career dual victory. Lenny Pinto was his first state champ as a head coach.

Richmond was a throwback, the kind of guy who was probably going to coach that program for the next 30 years and get the gym named after him after a lifetime of service, success, and mentoring young men and women. Wow this one hurts.
Rovernation, I just heard some details. Not sure what you heard. Seems really odd. I can't elaborate, on going investigation.

Rovernation, I just heard some details. Not sure what you heard. Seems really odd. I can't elaborate, on going investigation.
I’m hearing rumors, yes. Haven’t heard anything official, but I’ve heard the investigation may be closed, getting conflicting information there.

I’m hearing rumors, yes. Haven’t heard anything official, but I’ve heard the investigation may be closed, getting conflicting information there.
Fatal accident investigations wiht the State Police are never closed for a few months. Autopsy and toxicology results take time. There may be a presumed cause but the investigation will remain open until all information is received.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT