ADVERTISEMENT

NFL channel talent discussion

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
listening the McShay, Kiper and others comment they are talking about this year's class and the "premium positions" = QB, OT, DT and CB (lock down). McShay says this is the same story for college recruiting. they are evaluating a lot of this year's draft in terms of their college production and also surprisingly their * ratings form Rivals, et.al. out of HS.

if you look at how we do on these premium positions we do pretty good:

QB - we are absolutely loaded = have to give us an A+ for the depth and quality here.

OT - we are outstanding on OL but OT not so sure = maybe we haven't seen the whole story here yet as players mature. we deserve at least a B grade

CB - again loaded at this spot. A grade

DT - a lot of players are just FR/Soph so maybe too soon. we have lost a couple guys also. based on promise i am thinking maybe a B grade. had James gotten Wilkins a couple years ago this would be an A grade.

overall if these are the premiums spots, we are not in bad shape. after Feb signing date we might even feel better.

maybe i am too optimistic but i feel pretty good.

listening the McShay, Kiper and others comment they are talking about this year's class and the "premium positions" = QB, OT, DT and CB (lock down). McShay says this is the same story for college recruiting. they are evaluating a lot of this year's draft in terms of their college production and also surprisingly their * ratings form Rivals, et.al. out of HS.

QB - we are absolutely loaded = have to give us an A+ for the depth and quality here.

OT - we are outstanding on OL but OT not so sure = maybe we haven't seen the whole story here yet as players mature. we deserve at least a B grade

DT - a lot of players are just FR/Soph so maybe too soon. we have lost a couple guys also. based on promise i am thinking maybe a B grade. had James gotten Wilkins a couple years ago this would be an A grade.

overall if these are the premiums spots, we are not in bad shape. after Feb signing date we might even feel better.

Barry, clean up on Aisle 72.:oops:

Reactions: stormingnorm

When you say we're loaded and give us an A you are doing so with kids that haven't seen much PT.

Our OL could be very good next year but what if we lose Bates & McGovern? It's obviously next man up but we don't know much about kids like Gellerstedt & Holmes.

What if we lose Givens or Windsor at DT? We have no idea if Hansard or Jordan will be ready to play next year so that puts a lot of pressure on kids like Mustipher & Shelton. Not much depth there.

We also don't know where we stand with Stevens at QB given his recent injury.

Lots of potential but also lots of questions. We'll know more a week from now when kids announce it they're leaving or returning.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT