ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Sporting News piece on Hack

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
that is very complimentary.....well, except for this part:

Here's the best part of this constantly evolving story: Christian Hackenberg didn't even like Penn State growing up. Had no dreams of playing for Joe, or Success Without Honor, or the white jerseys and black shoes, or any other idyllic fantasy of all things Nittany.

Typo?

That is so sloppily written I can't read it

Seriously, was it written by a 6th grader?

The Nittany Lion hatred undertones were quite the turnoff as well. No more clicks on this please.

maybe he was just writing "success without honor"

as shorthand for the full quote about success without honor being an unseasoned dish.

Originally posted by Obliviax:
that is very complimentary.....well, except for this part:

Here's the best part of this constantly evolving story: Christian Hackenberg didn't even like Penn State growing up. Had no dreams of playing for Joe, or Success Without Honor, or the white jerseys and black shoes, or any other idyllic fantasy of all things Nittany.

Typo?
Perhaps to clarify, Matt Hayes later tweets out more of the originating quote...

RT @Matt_HayesSN: Success without honor is an unseasoned dish. #WeAre

@Matt_HayesSN

In the version of the article that I'm reading right now...

it lists the entire quote, Success without Honor is an Unseasoned Dish.

For as tough a season as Hackenberg had, it was great to see it end on a high note. Not just a win with great numbers, but an NFL throw for the game-winning touchdown in overtime (thanks to Sam Ficken's extra point).

Kudos, ChiTown...and kudos to Mr. Hayes

he apparently didn't mean to say that Joe was "success without honor."

I didn't care for the Siberian BS or the mis-quote, but overall it

is a very positive picture of Hack and a realistic look of what he's been through. I'm glad he's getting the help on the OLine that he needs. Maybe this time he can hold his head high in victory this year in Columbus!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT