ADVERTISEMENT

NLWC changes

Nolf appears to be moving on from state college. He has a bio as the head club coach of Rock Wrestling Club and it states he is focusing on building his BJJ career and Athletes Ocean startup

Reactions: Grass
yea he must have the itch when it comes to BJJ. Nickal’s tweets from last night seem to back this up as well

Changing of the guard coming just like 2016
Absolutely. The room is now filled with super young guys who should make many world teams in the coming years. Mesenbrink, Levi, Facundo, Kasak plus the 5 on the U20 team. I’m sure I’m forgetting others or leaving others out (SVN) who haven’t really competed in freestyle. Also, Starocci, AB, and Kerk won’t be going anywhere

Absolutely. The room is now filled with super young guys who should make many world teams in the coming years. Mesenbrink, Levi, Facundo, Kasak plus the 5 on the U20 team. I’m sure I’m forgetting others or leaving others out (SVN) who haven’t really competed in freestyle. Also, Starocci, AB, and Kerk won’t be going anywhere
Amazing as it is to comprehend, the new crop is more accomplished than the crop leaving at the same age. Whether they can match or exceed what the OGs did remains to be seen, but they have the capability.

PJ Duke may not post on social media every time he takes out the trash, but he’s as good as anyone

Wonder if we should start a different thread on NLwC team with Gilman , bold , RBY and Zain gone

Will dake and Snyder stay till 2028 ?
We know brooks will

Wonder if we should start a different thread on NLwC team with Gilman , bold , RBY and Zain gone

Will dake and Snyder stay till 2028 ?
We know brooks will
Lots of questions for sure.

Gilman, RBY and DT left. I have a feeling they are luring in Dake big time.

I heard Zain is staying put.

Lots of tough and interesting questions. With AB jumping up to 97kg does that do anything with the relationship with Snyder?
Do we think Cael changes up training or his approach at all? Does he downsize the RTC and focus in on a smaller number of wrestlers?
Does anyone leave?
I like the future for sure when Lightning, Duke, Messenbrink, AB, Ryder etc. But losing a lot of the RTC senior level partners won’t be a good thing.

(**Mod note - the above posts were moved from a different thread as this topic deserves its own thread)

RBY to Stillwater! Heard Dake could be next. What is going on?
The future
You Got This Oprah Winfrey GIF by Apple TV+

• Haha
Reactions: PASLP2
Lots of questions for sure.

Gilman, RBY and DT left. I have a feeling they are luring in Dake big time.

I heard Zain is staying put.

Lots of tough and interesting questions. With AB jumping up to 97kg does that do anything with the relationship with Snyder?
Do we think Cael changes up training or his approach at all? Does he downsize the RTC and focus in on a smaller number of wrestlers?
Does anyone leave?
I like the future for sure when Lightning, Duke, Messenbrink, AB, Ryder etc. But losing a lot of the RTC senior level partners won’t be a good thing.

(**Mod note - the above posts were moved from a different thread as this topic deserves its own thread)
I don't think Cael changes much unless his people start telling him it's not working. The NLWC is an anomaly. Things change and new people join. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

What are yalls thoughts on Snyder?

With AB coming for him and DT, Gilman & potentially Dake gone… does he leave for Ohio or stick it out?
I have no insight, but I think he sticks it out unless AB is an issue and even then, I have no clue.

Reactions: AtownPoke
They are breaking up that old gang of mine.
We may never see the same collection of talent at one time at NLWC.
DT - gone
Dake - likely gone soon
Nolf - gone
Zain - gone
RBY - gone
Gilman - gone
and so it goes
And even though they weren’t NLWC, Marky and Cenzo retiring hurts as well 😔

Nolf going to Austin Texas is something that has been in the works for awhile. He talked about it before on Bo Nickals podcast that his business partner keeps trying to get him to go to Austin Texas for better business opportunities for Oceans and also his BJJ.

DT - gone
Dake - likely gone soon
Nolf - gone
Zain - gone
RBY - gone
Gilman - gone
and so it goes
It’s the way! Most of these guys will go on to be very successful off the mat. They are well prepared!

Reactions: TrooperPSU
With Zain gone , RBY, who knows about dake and Snyder , do we have to worry about the NLWC falling back , or will we be okay

If so, who will replace them
I know brooks is going to be legit for 8 years
But who will fill out the other 5 spots

With Zain gone , RBY, who knows about dake and Snyder , do we have to worry about the NLWC falling back , or will we be okay

People keep asking about who is going to coach the light weights. Nick Lee will. RBY was great but as in every other spot you cannot teach speed. As work out partners I can see losing Gilman and RBY as a hit. But there are others there to work out with.

Reactions: Pennstate1985

Most of the guys that will replace them are super young but like many have mentioned these young guys are even more credentialed than their predecessors at the same age. LL could be our 57 or 61kg rep this next cycle. Mesenbrink, Kasak, Levi, Facundo, Ryder, CStar, Barr, Mirasola’s, and Kerk. I’m not sure if Bartlett and SVN want to wrestle after college but if so they are in the mix. Add in Nick Lee and AB. Plus incoming guys like Duke and hopefully Blaze. I think we will be more than ok and that’s without other guys coming in like Gilman, Dake, and Snyder did.

People keep asking about who is going to coach the light weights. Nick Lee will. RBY was great but as in every other spot you cannot teach speed. As work out partners I can see losing Gilman and RBY as a hit. But there are others there to work out with.
I see Nick Lee as the next generation "Casey Cunningham." Big statement to make I know but that's just how I feel...

Time to elevate to the next level. Just like the varsity, Cael has a plan. The next wave is even better. No worries. It will still be the best room in the world. A kid would be foolish to not want to be apart of it if given the opportunity.

Reactions: Sullivan
I see no issues with NLWC transition from the older senior level guys to the young guys. Most other than RBY are at or near the end of their competitive days. You have to move on to other things in life. Now those that are trolling or trying to throw sh*t against the wall, are happy to say, whats going on at NLWC. But even DT would hope to have half the young guys on board as PSU and NLWC.

Reactions: Ski
DT - gone
Dake - likely gone soon
Nolf - gone
Zain - gone
RBY - gone
Gilman - gone
and so it goes
no worries we find great replacements!

Guessing here but the future would appear to be Lilledahl, Bartlett, Haines, Messenbrink, Brooks, Kerkvliet.

Maybe Starocci although he’s talked about MMA.

Then there’s the next wave which includes the U20 guys.

Reactions: Split shot
Guessing here but the future would appear to be Lilledahl, Bartlett, Haines, Messenbrink, Brooks, Kerkvliet.

Maybe Starocci although he’s talked about MMA.

Then there’s the next wave which includes the U20 guys.
I think Beau goes to coaching quicker than the rest.

Reactions: Ski
Zain will not be leaving State College.
Sorry to disappoint you, but from what I've been told by some very knowledgeable folks on this board, Zain is most likely to be moving on also for a job in NYC. Hence the Zain appreciation post right after he pulled out of the Olympics. If you have new news or info to the contrary, that would indeed be great news!

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT