ADVERTISEMENT

No. 1 Penn State sweeps No. 2 Stanford in volleyball, yet Stanford still gets a No. 1 vote?

I also sent an email to Anna Allison and she also responded within five minutes. She told met that everyone is entitled to their opinion and that I clearly do not understand the sport of volleyball if I think Penn State is better than Stanford. I replied that apparently 63 Division I volleyball head coaches also do not understand the sport.
I don't always agree with you but your response in reply to her was superb.

so... in the "sport of volleyball" it isn't about who wins (here, aka "brooms the other team), it's about doing it with styyyle.. the best always have style. just think what we're missing here... how many times has a team looked perfect yet not been able to make "perfect" win for them? nudge, miami 86.

as i mentioned yesterday, she has an impressive resume and probably can see which team "should" be better (although even on paper, psu is better), but there's a real disconnect between that and logic. when one team brooms the other, they are better. 63 other coaches kinda figured that one out.

but hey, maybe that's just how they do it brazil? good to know before the Olympians roll into town... seems like she'd make a helluva boxing judge!

She was born to be an East German Olympic skating or gymnastics judge. ;)

Anna Allison was AWOL for this week's poll. However, the silly continued. Some guy voted Iowa State #4.

Some guy voted Iowa State #4.

Really? If so, that's pretty embarrassing. Iowa State is 6-3 on the year. They lost to Marquette, 0-3, UVA, 2-3, and Iowa, 1-3. Each of those teams received votes in the AVCA Poll, but none were in the top 25. And none of their 6 wins came against a Top 25 team. I'd love to read the rationale that voter has for their Iowa State vote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT