ADVERTISEMENT

Obli’s observations

Leaving Ohio State and Michigan aside my two favorite teams on the schedule to beat are Maryland and Rutgers. As far as I’m concerned we can’t beat either one of these teams bad enough. It’s not enough to just win but humiliation is required as well. I used to feel that way about Pitt but they’re no longer on the schedule. At least not regularly. Moreover, Pitt is now college football road kill and chump change. And that leaves me with a feeling of satisfaction and satiation as well.

Leaving Ohio State and Michigan aside my two favorite teams on the schedule to beat are Maryland and Rutgers. As far as I’m concerned we can’t beat either one of these teams bad enough. It’s not enough to just win but humiliation is required as well. I used to feel that way about Pitt but they’re no longer on the schedule. At least not regularly. Moreover, Pitt is now college football road kill and chump change. And that leaves me with a feeling of satisfaction and satiation as well.
you forgot syracuse

Reactions: PSUPride1

Although I share your disdain for Rutgers and Maryland, my motivation is a bit more selfish as I called for the demise of football at these two schools when they joined the B10. Reasoning is simple, recruiting. Are really good players going to stay home for Rutgers and Maryland? Not likely.

So yeah, play them hard.

Reactions: Ski
I am always happy to beat Rutgers and Maryland, but I will admit I have a soft spot for Schiano especially after the vile treatment he got from Tennessee fans when he was being looked at to coach them. I’m kinda happy to see them improving but I don’t want it to be so much that it impacts our recruiting against them.

I know this is not good but I still harbor a grudge against Maryland for the no-handshake stunt they pulled when PSU was flat on their back from sanctions (and PSU had just got Maryland into the B1G). I thought at the time that should be worth a curse of about 20 years. So yeah, I enjoy seeing Maryland not just get beat but get embarrassed most years by PSU. I don't have the same hate for Rutgers, in fact to see Rutgers improving and in position to make it competitive -- I don't mind that at all.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
I am always happy to beat Rutgers and Maryland, but I will admit I have a soft spot for Schiano especially after the vile treatment he got from Tennessee fans when he was being looked at to coach them. I’m kinda happy to see them improving but I don’t want it to be so much that it impacts our recruiting against them.
also if paterno would have retired at any reasonable point in time after about 2004, schiano may have been the coach of psu

I add Iowa due to some of their scumbag, jealous wrestling fans who can’t handle Cael kicking their heads in

Reactions: m.knox
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT